Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there still an MCU?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Is there still an MCU?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-21, 08:39 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 263 Posts
Re: Is there still an MCU?

Originally Posted by kd5
Unless something truly compelling comes out, I'm kinda burned out on Marvel movies. I don't even know who Shang-Chi, Thunderbolts, Nova, Moon Knight, or She-Hulk are, had never even heard of The Eternals until all the buzz about the movie.

I guess I just need a break...
I'll watch, but all of these fringe characters making up phase 4 doesn't make me all too excited.

MCU is going to have to bring Iron Man and Steve Rogers Cap back at some point to keep this train rolling. Maybe in 5 years...

just a shame if Tony Stark and the real Cap America never get to interact with the Fantastic Four or the X-Men.
Old 10-28-21, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,265 Likes on 1,738 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Unless something truly compelling comes out, I'm kinda burned out on Marvel movies. I don't even know who Shang-Chi, Thunderbolts, Nova, Moon Knight, or She-Hulk are, had never even heard of The Eternals until all the buzz about the movie.

I guess I just need a break...
But you know (I presume) who the X-men and Fantastic Four are, right? And you had probably never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy or Captain Marvel before. Heck, some people had probably only tangentially known about Dr. Strange, Thor, Ant Man, Iron Man, maybe even Captain America.
Old 10-28-21, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,578 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
But you know (I presume) who the X-men and Fantastic Four are, right? And you had probably never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy or Captain Marvel before. Heck, some people had probably only tangentially known about Dr. Strange, Thor, Ant Man, Iron Man, maybe even Captain America.
To be honest, I had barely heard of Iron Man when the first movie was released.

I’m fairly burned out at as well. Like I posted earlier, I feel like I’m exhausted after watching 22 movies that all culminated with Endgame. I feel like I’m emotionally spent when it comes to the MCU. I’ll continue to watch for now but my enthusiasm has gone from “make it a point to see them all in the theater on opening night” to “I’ll catch them when they show up on Disney Plus”.

But that’s only if the MCU still exists. The jury is still out on that…
Old 10-28-21, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,265 Likes on 1,738 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
To be honest, I had barely heard of Iron Man when the first movie was released.

I’m fairly burned out at as well. Like I posted earlier, I feel like I’m exhausted after watching 22 movies that all culminated with Endgame. I feel like I’m emotionally spent when it comes to the MCU. I’ll continue to watch for now but my enthusiasm has gone from “make it a point to see them all in the theater on opening night” to “I’ll catch them when they show up on Disney Plus”.

But that’s only if the MCU still exists. The jury is still out on that…
Oh, I can totally understand the burnout, just saying that they can keep the train going even with some of the more notable names dropping out without having to do a hard reboot like we traditionally have with superhero movies (or heck, comic books).
The following 2 users liked this post by fujishig:
GoldenJCJ (10-28-21), Goonies85 (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 2,172 Likes on 1,422 Posts

So ... $12.99 still too much for Black Widow UHD? 😜
Old 10-29-21, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,370 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt D
So ... $12.99 still too much for Black Widow UHD? 😜
Not a horrible price. I liked the movie. With Black Friday coming up, you might find a better price but, as always, it's a chance you take on waiting. I would vote "go for it."
Old 10-29-21, 06:45 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
The only ones I'd never heard of in that bunch were Guardians of the Galaxy, and the buzz generated by the movie created the interest. It was such a blockbuster at the time, I found it hard to resist. But as I said before, I guess I'm just burned out on the idea of new Marvel character's movies. Maybe that will change, who knows?
Old 10-29-21, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,079 Likes on 676 Posts

Can we all please just have a moment of silence for the passing of the the MCU?

...ok, NOW somebody post a GIF of dancing Spider-man!

Old 10-29-21, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,143 Likes on 797 Posts

Remember when most movies were about characters we'd never heard of? I miss that.
The following 2 users liked this post by rocket1312:
ddrknghtrtns (10-29-21), Kurt D (10-29-21)
Old 10-29-21, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,238 Likes on 962 Posts

The problem for me is the new characters just aren’t ones I’m particularly interested in.

Shang-Chi was alright, but I wasn’t overly wowed by it, and it didn’t really make me want to see more of that character going forward.

The Eternals I’ve had little to no interest in pretty much since the start, and so far that isn’t really changing for me.
Old 10-29-21, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 271 Posts

It ended with Endgame.

For me anyway...
The following 3 users liked this post by d2cheer:
candyrocket786 (10-29-21), ddrknghtrtns (10-29-21), Why So Blu? (10-29-21)
Old 10-29-21, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 244 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
It ended with Endgame.

For me anyway...
It really did....

Although I enjoyed it, I really had to force myself to go see Shang Chi. Don't much care for the Eternals and I don't have any interest in NWH or Strange 2.

Maybe when they reboot the XMEN, I'll be excited for these releases.