Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021, D: Watts) - S: Tom Holland

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021, D: Watts) - S: Tom Holland

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-21, 06:18 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021, D: Watts) - S: Tom Holland

Tom Holland took to Instagram earlier today to discuss the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer, where he teased that we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what the movie has in store for us.

"I’m at the airport. I’ve been flying for the last 10 hours, so I actually didn’t actually post the trailer. My brother, Harry, did, so I haven’t been able to see the reactions and how excited everyone is. I’ve just landed, so I turned my phone on, and my phone has gone mental. The love and support you guys have shown for the film is so exciting. Honestly, that is just the tip of the iceberg."

Holland continued, “You have no idea what else is to come. I’m so excited to share more with you guys and it feels so good. It feels so good to be back with Spider-Man, to be showing you trailers, to have films coming out…this is so exciting. I love you all. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the trailer!”
Old 08-24-21, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Looks alright I guess. Not buying Doctor Strange doing that for him, however.
Old 08-24-21, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,212 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Looks alright I guess. Not buying Doctor Strange doing that for him, however.
I’m hoping Dr. Strange has more of a reason beyond the weak “ok, you asked for it Parker” explanation from the trailer.

I suspect that the poor guys who cut that trailer wracked their brain trying to draw some connections that I’m not sure are actually there just to make the trailer coherent. It feels like a solid minute and a half of that teaser just shows Peter and Dr. Strange arguing back and forth about casting a spell.
Old 08-24-21, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Watched the trailer a couple more times and Strange's hair is CGI in some of the shots. Looks weird.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (08-24-21)
Old 08-24-21, 09:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

That new trailer looked awesome and such a good end to a great trilogy and possible beginning of new. Is Holland signed for any more?
Old 08-24-21, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

This is Holland's last solo movie. He's under contract for a Marvel movie as a secondary character. Most likely Dr. Strange 2.
Old 08-24-21, 10:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

Well, that could change right? Spidey isn’t done as primary, I think.
Old 08-24-21, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

That trailer sure piqued my interest even more. Looking forward to this one.
Old 08-24-21, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

A while back didn't Holland say that he wanted to keep playing Spiderman?
Old 08-24-21, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Well, that could change right? Spidey isn’t done as primary, I think.
Speculation is that he could sign up for three College Spidey films. But yeah, this has always been the case with the MCU contracts...after their initial deals the actors have the upper hand. Of course Marvel couldn't have known that six films wouldn't be enough.
Old 08-25-21, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
Speculation is that he could sign up for three College Spidey films. But yeah, this has always been the case with the MCU contracts...after their initial deals the actors have the upper hand. Of course Marvel couldn't have known that six films wouldn't be enough.
My understanding is that Holland wants to sign for more and similar to how Iron Man, Thor and Cap were the central characters of the first 3 phases, Spider-Man will be one, if not the main guy for the next phases.

I can easily see at how this Spider-Man film will end with no one remembering that Parker is Spidey and that MJ will be dating someone else and then have the lovers reunited at the end of the Phase 6. I can also see that the repercussions of this story are that Ned becomes Hobgoblin, Peter loses his trust fund status from the Stark foundation and Happy doesn’t recognize him anymore
Old 08-25-21, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
My understanding is that Holland wants to sign for more and similar to how Iron Man, Thor and Cap were the central characters of the first 3 phases, Spider-Man will be one, if not the main guy for the next phases.

I can easily see at how this Spider-Man film will end with no one remembering that Parker is Spidey and that MJ will be dating someone else and then have the lovers reunited at the end of the Phase 6. I can also see that the repercussions of this story are that Ned becomes Hobgoblin, Peter loses his trust fund status from the Stark foundation and Happy doesn’t recognize him anymore
I wonder how this will work if Happy no longer knows who he is. It seems like most of his abilities derive from the tech that Stark Industries supplies him with for his adventures. This version of Spider-Man never really explained how he got his powers or even if Uncle Ben existed or died in the same manner as other versions. His web shooters were supplied by Stark, so unless they come up with some excuse for that, he technically shouldn't have those afterwards.
Old 08-25-21, 09:08 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts

They should call it What if... everyone forgot Peter Parker is Spider-Man?
Old 08-25-21, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru
or even if Uncle Ben existed or died in the same manner as other versions.
He existed. Peter mentions not telling Aunt May about being Spidey because of "all that she'd been through" (or something like that).

Also, Peter uses his suitcase in FFH.

Old 08-25-21, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I wonder how this will work if Happy no longer knows who he is. It seems like most of his abilities derive from the tech that Stark Industries supplies him with for his adventures. This version of Spider-Man never really explained how he got his powers or even if Uncle Ben existed or died in the same manner as other versions. His web shooters were supplied by Stark, so unless they come up with some excuse for that, he technically shouldn't have those afterwards.
I think that will all be part of the struggle for Peter in this post spell world. He will have to fend for himself again and come up with tech and gadgets, similar as he did in the comics from the get go. Maybe will see a symbiote attach to him during his journey.
IBJoel (08-25-21)
Old 08-25-21, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
Does anyone think that after Holland's time is over, they could bring in Miles Morales as the next Spider-Man?
Old 08-25-21, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Does anyone think that after Holland's time is over, they could bring in Miles Morales as the next Spider-Man?
I think this will happen while Holland is still Spidey. I think there will be a new trilogy that will eventually introduce him. They already hinted he existed with Donald Glover (who they should get to come back) playing his uncle.
IBJoel (08-25-21)
Old 08-25-21, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

His time will come. I figure the first live action movie will be similar to Spiderverse with an older Parker passing the mantle to Morales.
Old 08-25-21, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,212 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I can easily seeing it going in this direction as well but I’m not sure It’s a Wonderful Lifeing Spider-Man is the most original idea.

Maybe it high time we finally got that Spider-man origin story we’ve all been hoping for! Sixth time’s a charm!
Old 08-25-21, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I can easily seeing it going in this direction as well but I’m not sure It’s a Wonderful Lifeing Spider-Man is the most original idea.

Maybe it high time we finally got that Spider-Man origin story we’ve all been hoping for! Sixth time’s a charm!
I'm not saying that they need to do a whole movie on his origin again. But, there should have been a flashback to how he got his powers or how he and Stark met. One of the biggest aspects of Spider-Man is his guilt over his uncles death and how it could have been avoided. That is completely missing from this version and it just comes off as someone who is Peter Parker and Spider-Man by name , but doesn't share what's essential to the character. Really none of the side characters have any resemblence to the comic book counterparts other than their name.
Old 08-25-21, 01:02 PM

But, there should have been a flashback to … how he and Stark met..
Them meeting is in Civil War.
IBJoel (08-25-21)
Old 08-25-21, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Yea, we know how he meet Stark. And do we really need to know about Uncle Ben. It's been told so many damn times it feels like wasting time at this point. Or maybe it's impact isn't even that substantial in this version of Spider Man.
Old 08-25-21, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by beavis69
Or maybe it's impact isn't even that substantial in this version of Spider Man.
In this version he’ll be wearing pearls.
JayTL (08-25-21)
Old 08-25-21, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

I don't care about Uncle Ben.

I just want to know if MCU Peter was bitten a radioactive spider, and the circumstances around that.

Maybe if the other two Peter Parkers show up, they can discuss their life stories with each other.

"A genetically modified spider? Both of you? Really?"

"Why was your Aunt May like one hundred years old? How does that even work? She like your Great Aunt or something?"

Old 08-25-21, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

I don't know who that person is really. I know he was in a cartoon movie. Never read a comic with him. Doesn't really matter to me. I probably will have given up on these movies by then.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.