Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-18, 08:17 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Apparently, Chris Hardwick is a scumbag. Can't say I'm surprised here if true. I wonder if Janet Varney would weigh in.

Did Chloe Dykstra Just Accuse Ex-Boyfriend Chris Hardwick of ‘Long-Term Abuse,’ Career Blacklisting?
https://www.thewrap.com/did-chloe-dy...-blacklisting/

Last edited by dex14; 06-15-18 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-15-18, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
That isn't really fair. What you're talking about is a matter of familiarity and training.

Most guys haven't had the kind of experience that make them nonchalant about it.
I agree to a point, but I learned not to stare at women’s chest sometime during middle school
Old 06-15-18, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Apparently, Chris Hardwick is a scumbag. Can't say I'm surprised here if true. I wonder if Janet Varney would weigh in.

Did Chloe Dykstra Just Accuse Ex-Boyfriend Chris Hardwick of ‘Long-Term Abuse,’ Career Blacklisting?
https://www.thewrap.com/did-chloe-dy...-blacklisting/
I have some mutual acquaintances with Hardwick, and while he puts on an affable and friendly public persona, he's an absolute douchebag to the core.
Old 06-15-18, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
I have some mutual acquaintances with Hardwick, and while he puts on an affable and friendly public persona, he's an absolute douchebag to the core.
Figures. I never liked the guy, though I did dig @midnight. The Talking shows are insufferable.
Old 06-15-18, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I read Hardwick's book a few years ago and it was awesome, but I did hear that he was an asshole when not being the "nerd."

Didn't Harrison Ford punk him on his own podcast, because he sensed that Hardwick was a blowhard or something?

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 06-15-18 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-15-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

So is Talking Dead going to canceled, or will they get a new host?
Old 06-15-18, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Paging Kevin Smith.
Old 06-15-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Saw some people on Twitter wanting Yvette Nicole Brown to take over.
Old 06-15-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Paging Kevin Smith.

You might want to check that...
Old 06-15-18, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Those Talking shows are Sony produced. It will make my next visit to the show certainly interesting...
Old 06-15-18, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I remember when he mentioned their split on @Midnight. Vague story; no names; now "taking a break from the internet"; acting surprised that her story seen by people. I REALLY don't want to be skeptical of these stories but why be so vague then disappear so you don't have to answer questions? If you're gonna write a story about long term abuse, go all in and name the bastard with details. She knows very well everyone looking at that story will point to Chris, regardless of his name being written.
Old 06-15-18, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like he's done. I saw post come through my feed that they have scrubbed him from all of their websites.
Old 06-15-18, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Looks like he's done. I saw post come through my feed that they have scrubbed him from all of their websites.
Negative:

https://www.amc.com/shows/talking-de...chris-hardwick

If an un-named report can get someone axed and scrubbed, we're going down a dark rabbit hole.
Old 06-15-18, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180020028.html

Chris Hardwick, the Nerdist founder and host of NBC’s game show The Wall, AMC’s Talking Dead aftershow and a regular emcee in Hall H at Comic-Con, has been scrubbed from the Nerdist website he founded after being accused of sexual abuse and “long-term abuse” by his former girlfriend Chloe Dykstra.

Legendary Entertainment, which owns Nerdist Industries where Hardwick launched his career as a comic and podcaster, just released a statement.

“Chris Hardwick had no operational involvement with Nerdist for the two years preceding the expiration of his contract in December 2017,” it reads. “He no longer has any affiliation with Legendary Digital Networks. The company has removed all reference to Mr. Hardwick even as the original Founder of Nerdist pending further investigation.”

The move comes after Dykstra, a TV personality and host, penned a first-person account of their three-year relationship that posted on Medium. Dykstra never mentioned Hardwick by name, but details about the “mildly successful podcaster” who grew into “a powerhouse CEO of his own company” suggest she was referring to him.

Dykstra, in an essay she said was part closure and part warning, detailed a relationship in which she was restricted from going out at night, having male friends, or speaking in public places, and was the victim of sexual assault. “I was expected to be ready for him when he came home from work,” she writes.

“I lost myself, both mentally and physically. I lost 15 lbs within weeks, started pulling out my hair (and had to get extensions regularly to hide it),” she wrote. “I generally stopped speaking unless spoken to while with him, drifting through life like a ghost. I would try to sleep in as late as possible so my days were shorter. I stopped listening to music entirely. I ceased to be. I was an ex-person.”

Dykstra said she left Hardwick after three years, and that after the breakup he made calls to companies “to get me fired by threatening to never work with them,” and that he and a female colleague “steamrolled my career.”

Deadline has not independently confirmed Dykstra’s accusations.

In March, NBC renewed its Hardwick-hosted game show The Wall for a 20-episode third season, though no premiere date was announced. AMC also just announced his summer bridge talk show Talking With Chris Hardwick returns this Sunday.

On Thursday, BBC America announced that Hardwick would moderate the network’s Doctor Who panel at Comic-Con in San Diego next month. Hardwick, a Comic-Con panel host staple, is also penciled in to host AMC’s The Walking Dead panel in Hall H as in years past.

NBC and AMC have not responded to requests for comment on Dykstra’s post, and reps for Hardwick also declined comment.
Sorry, should have clarified that he was just scrubbed from Nerdist, a site he founded
Old 06-15-18, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If he's that horrible (and I'm not excluding the possibility) how'd he get Lydia to marry him? They seem to be very happy together. And she certainly isn't be told to stay behind; almost every picture I see of him is of both of them.
Old 06-15-18, 02:46 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

What did Keven Smith do?
Old 06-15-18, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
If an un-named report can get someone axed and scrubbed, we're going down a dark rabbit hole.
It might be presented without names, but everyone "in the know" knows exactly who she meant, and a lot of them are probably putting things together. You can bet that tongues over at Nerdist and AMC have been wagging like crazy this morning.
Old 06-15-18, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It might be presented without names, but everyone "in the know" knows exactly who she meant, and a lot of them are probably putting things together. You can bet that tongues over at Nerdist and AMC have been wagging like crazy this morning.
Of course; that's kinda what I meant. The story is un-named but literally everyone reading it knows who she means, for better or for worse. I just opened my twitter and people are liking posts blasting the guy into oblivion yet his name hasn't even been officially mentioned. If it's true, fuck him. If not, his career is getting destroyed by an article that doesn't even mention him.
Old 06-15-18, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Good thing his wife is a rich heiress, because he's pretty much done.
Though he did make quite a bit of money when selling Nerdist.
Old 06-15-18, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No personal interaction but she knows he's a piece of trash? And it sounds like she'll blindly believe any story from a woman, true or false?

It's looking like there's truth to this story but the vagueness is still unsettling.
Old 06-15-18, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mabuse
What did Keven Smith do?
Nothing. I'm saying he could take over the Talking shows.
Old 06-15-18, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

At this rate AMC will have no one left for TWD:Season 9.
Old 06-15-18, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by windom
Saw some people on Twitter wanting Yvette Nicole Brown to take over.
I never watch the shows. What does she have to do with it?
Old 06-15-18, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I never watch the shows. What does she have to do with it?
Yvette Nicole Brown is a big TWD fan and frequent guest on Talking Dead. She is known for having a notebook that she takes notes in while watching TWD and also getting really emotional when characters die on the show. I would think that most TD fans find her annoying.

She was also just a guest on AMC's "Unapologetic" which is basically an after show for "Dietland". Aisha Tyler hosts that show and she's also been on TD, so she could also be a candidate to replace Hardwick, if it even comes to that.
Old 06-15-18, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Those are the two names that immediately sprung to mind for me as well. Aisha Tyler would probably get the first nod for her prior experience hosting shows.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.