Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-17, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

That would be like forcing you guys to marry Chris Hemsworth.
Old 12-06-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 447 Likes on 314 Posts

Poor Preston - I wonder what she got out of the deal.
Old 12-06-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://feeds.nydailynews.com/~r/Nydn...icle-1.3680761

Today at 11:21 AM
Corey Feldman’s interview naming predators found by police
NICOLE BITETTE
New York Daily News
Corey Feldman's admission of his alleged sexual predators could be on a tape just discovered by Santa Barbara police.

A spokesperson for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office confirmed on Tuesday night that the department did in fact discover audio recordings where Feldman named his alleged abusers during a 1993 investigation into Michael Jackson as the "Goonies" star suggested in an interview on "Today" in October.

"In a container which included the original reports from the investigation, the Sheriff’s Office located some detective working copies of audio recordings made during the investigation. A copy of Mr. Feldman’s interview was located," Kelly Hoover, the department's public information officer, confirmed to Fox News.

Hoover explained to Fox News that the recent inquiries into Feldman's interview led to additional review of the files and audio recordings and additional reports were discovered in storage.

Corey Feldman says he told police about pedophiles in Hollywood

In his interview with Matt Lauer on Oct. 30, Feldman, 46, revealed that names were on record after Lauer pressed him about never releasing anything.

"If anyone wants to go back to 1993 when I was interviewed by the Santa Barbara Police Department, I sat down and I gave them the names," Feldman said on the "Today" show. "They're on record. They have all this information. "

The Sheriff's Office previously said in a statement that they were not aware of Feldman naming any suspects.

Matt Lauer's O’Reilly interview carries new meaning amid firing

Hoover told Fox News, "Due to the fact that this case involves the alleged sexual abuse of a child, we are unable to comment further and any documentation or evidence related to this case is exempt from release."

Feldman has been discussing his attempted to takedown pedophilia in Hollywood since he proposed the idea of a $10 million movie based on the predatory behavior of young men in the business back in October.
Old 12-06-17, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Poor Preston - I wonder what she got out of the deal.
Blackmail Marriage: I guess this is back in the day. When you are stretching back past two decades, it seems like the right thing to call it. The thing is though, despite being back in the day, the three main players in this blind are all known to you. They are known to people who just are checkout stand tabloid cover readers. EP was making a movie when she met WB. At the time, EP was pretty close to A list. She was also in the tabloids a lot. If back then had been today, everyone would have known about her out of control drug use and the crazy sexual situations she was involved in on almost daily basis with her equally out of control actor boyfriend, who we will call MS. Anyway, EP and WB made a movie and they got along really well. They became friends. Fast forward just a touch and WB is off to make another movie. He made the movie with an actress we will call VC. They were long time friends and made the movie to help each other out. It was a movie that would change the life of multiple people and destroy the lives of many others too. WB is in the closet. Everyone knows this, but he continues to pretend he doesn't like men. At the time though, he was using a lot of drugs and the objects of his sexual lust were the teen boys who were numerous on the set. Things were out of control. He molested and sexually assaulted multiple teens during filming of the movie. I'm guessing VC would probably call it an intervention. I would call it extortion or blackmail. VC filmed one of the encounters and gave it to some people who were kind of managing the career of WB. Those people had a discussion with WB and said he needed to do what they told him or they would leak the video and he would not only lose his career, he would go to jail. They had big plans for him and apparently those big plans were more important than what happened to those kids. They put him in a house for two months and got him sober. They also told him he needed to get married. He asked multiple women and his people offered some women. None of the women agreed until he asked EP. She was in a really bad place herself and WB's people agreed to make her problems go away if she agreed to marry WB. Done and done. All these people know what happened to those boys and have done nothing. Money and fame and power were much more important than the lives of the boys they devastated. One of those teens spoke up a few years ago and a team of lawyers rained down on him and he went silent. He was crushed by the other side and later tried to commit suicide.

EP: Kelly Preston
Out of control boyfriend: Charlie Sheen (accidentally shot her in the arm)
WB: John Travolta
Movie: "The Experts"
VC: Kirstie Alley
Movie: "Look Who’s Talking"
Group: Scientology
Old 12-06-17, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seems like we've just scratched the surface since the Weinstein stuff came out.
The lawyers and the behind-the-scenes players who make this shit disappear are just as bad, if not worse, than anyone. I hope they all burn in hell.
Old 12-06-17, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,516 Posts

And here comes the church of Scientology. I believe the Masterson story also had their handprints in it.
Old 12-06-17, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found out that Gotti was directed by Pussy Posse member Kevin Connolly. Wouldn't be surprised if he has some sexual skeletons in his closet too. Maybe Lionsgate saw all this and decided to rid themselves of the whole project.
Old 12-06-17, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the lowdown with the news today about Gotti‘s departure from Lionsgate Premiere ten days before its debut: the distributor didn’t whack Gotti.

First of all, Gotti wasn’t getting a wide release via big Lionsgate, but rather Lionsgate Premiere which is typically where specialty films and day and date titles are released. As we understand it, the Gotti producers decided that they wanted a wide release. There was a buy-back clause in the distribution agreement, so the producers exercised it.

It was never a matter of Lionsgate dumping the film. An outside investor has backed Gotti so that it could get a wide release in May, and Lionsgate was generous to let the film go.

Gotti has been sold back to its producers, Emmett/Furla/Oasis, which produced the film alongside Highland Film Group and Fiore Films.
http://deadline.com/2017/12/john-tra...se-1202220948/
Old 12-06-17, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 619 Likes on 456 Posts

Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co. Face Class-Action Racketeering Lawsuit Over Sexual Harassment
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/har...en-1202632040/
Old 12-06-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 267 Likes on 195 Posts

So what the problem is becoming besides the obvious is anything that happens now is linked to this and any theory becomes fact. It is really hard to navigate the truth here. (Even though most of it is probably true)
Old 12-06-17, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Co. Face Class-Action Racketeering Lawsuit Over Sexual Harassment
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/har...en-1202632040/
Case won't make it out of the pleadings stage.
Old 12-07-17, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

For those of you waiting on Bryan Singer allegations to come out, here you go. Accused of raping a 17 year old boy in 2003.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...id=mailsignout
Old 12-07-17, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

This was a big ass DUH moment but folks really wanted it to be salacious.

Old 12-08-17, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I dont recall seeing this one posted about Natalie Portman

Sharing one disturbing example, she recalled being invited to ride on a producer’s private plane to a location. She was told members of his company would already be on board, but when she arrived, it was just the two of them, along with a single bed.

“This doesn’t make me feel comfortable,” she recalled telling the producer. “And that was respected. But that was super-not okay, you know? That was really unacceptable and manipulative and could have been — I was scared, you know?”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...usaolc00000894
Old 12-08-17, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck
I dont recall seeing this one posted about Natalie Portman

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...usaolc00000894
I recall Portman once saying that she's been harassed, in one way or another, on every single movie she's worked on.
That's gotta be draining!
Old 12-08-17, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Reading that article about Portman, i really think that its taking it a little far being alone on a private plane that just so happens to have a bed on it and feeling harassed. I am sure a hell of a lot of private planes have a bed on them, hell if i owned one i would certainly have a bed on it. And it could have been very innocent why others didn't travel on the plane. I get the feeling there are a lot of egotistical stars who equate harassment with simply not getting their way and in this climate feeling vindictive, and there seems to be a current trend to jump on the harassment band wagon with any little story describing anything at all that could easily be misconstrued as harassment. Its my biggest issue with what is happening. People coming out of the woodwork complaining about any small slight is taking away from the real victims who have truly been harassed and treated improperly.
Old 12-08-17, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Reading that article about Portman, i really think that its taking it a little far being alone on a private plane that just so happens to have a bed on it and feeling harassed. I am sure a hell of a lot of private planes have a bed on them, hell if i owned one i would certainly have a bed on it. And it could have been very innocent why others didn't travel on the plane. I get the feeling there are a lot of egotistical stars who equate harassment with simply not getting their way and in this climate feeling vindictive, and there seems to be a current trend to jump on the harassment band wagon with any little story describing anything at all that could easily be misconstrued as harassment. Its my biggest issue with what is happening. People coming out of the woodwork complaining about any small slight is taking away from the real victims who have truly been harassed and treated improperly.
Well why wasn't anyone else on the plane with the two of them? I don't think that's taking it a little far if she didn't expect to be alone with him (pilots and crew excluded).
Old 12-08-17, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well how many people were there supposed to be to begin with? The article fails to mention that. It simply says members of his company. That could be two other people who both have legitimate reasons for not traveling at the time. Doesn't sound outside the realms of possibility. What makes it worse is that clearly states she mentioned that it didnt feel comfortable with the producer and he respected that. Its HIS plane and again, i don't blame him for having a damn bed on it. I don't see how its manipulative at all on his part. I would like to know if she still got on the plane. If she felt that way she had the option to say NO and buy a ticket with an airline. Something tells me she didn't do that.
Old 12-08-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 453 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Well how many people were there supposed to be to begin with? The article fails to mention that. It simply says members of his company. That could be two other people who both have legitimate reasons for not traveling at the time. Doesn't sound outside the realms of possibility. What makes it worse is that clearly states she mentioned that it didnt feel comfortable with the producer and he respected that. Its HIS plane and again, i don't blame him for having a damn bed on it. I don't see how its manipulative at all on his part. I would like to know if she still got on the plane. If she felt that way she had the option to say NO and buy a ticket with an airline. Something tells me she didn't do that.
All you private jet owners think alike.
Old 12-08-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Geoffrey Rush files defamation suit against Daily Telegraph over 'inappropriate behaviour' claims

"It is an action I am taking in order to redress the slurs, innuendo and hyperbole that they have created around my standing in the entertainment industry and in the greater community," he said.

"The Daily Telegraph has made false, pejorative and demeaning claims, splattering them with unrelenting bombast on its front pages.

The 66-year-old Academy Award winner said the allegations were "extremely hurtful" to his wife, son and daughter.

"The situation is intolerable and I must seek vindication of my good name through the courts."

The first article airing claims that Rush behaved inappropriately during a 2015 production of King Lear was published by the Daily Telegraph on November 30.

Rush denied the allegations on that day, saying he had not been informed by the STC of the existence, or the nature, of the complaint.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-0...egraph/9241224
Old 12-08-17, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Kevin Spacey allegedly groped privates of Norwegian royal family member

Kevin Spacey allegedly groped the testicles of a Norwegian royal family member -- but ten years after the incident in question, the man appears unscathed, joking about the unsolicited encounter in a recent interview.
Ari Behn, then married to Princess Martha Louise, and Spacey had both attended a Nobel Peace Prize concert in 2007, Behn told a Norwegian radio station, according to the International Business Times.

"We had a nice conversation, and he was sitting right next to me," Behn, now 45, said. "After five minutes, he says, 'Hey, let's go out and have a cigarette.' And then he takes me under the table in the middle of my balls."

If the incident deeply bothered Behn, he didn't let on in the interview. "I got more than I bargained for," he added while reportedly laughing. "I had black hair back then and was 10 years younger so was right up his alley."

In response to Spacey's supposed proposition, Behn said he replied, "Eh? Maybe later."

Behr is technically no longer a royal following his recent divorce from the princess, who is the daughter of King Harald V and fourth in line to the throne. They share three children.

Spacey has faced multiple allegations of sexually assaulting men over the past three decades. He was fired from hit Netflix show "House of Cards" after the first claims came to light.
Old 12-08-17, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Dustin Hoffman has a new accuser now.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...column-1062349
Old 12-08-17, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, and that's a reaction to groping you get when the groper has no power over you. If that guy was, say, a boom operator on House of Cards, it would've been a much worse experience for him.
Old 12-08-17, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
All you private jet owners think alike.
And now they're getting a tax break, so they can save money on gas while they're rapin', gropin', and harassin'.
Old 12-08-17, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,660 Likes on 2,628 Posts

http://deadline.com/2017/12/bryan-si...fe-1202216936/

Singer's ex-lover released a tell-all expose on life with him.

It's kind of a long read, but basically to make a long story short.

Singer likes young boys (he met this kid when he was 18 back in 2013)

and all did was party, do drugs and bang an assortment of young men when he wasn't working.

The kid eventually broke up with Singer and moved back home to Texas.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.