Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
8.39%
27.10%
34.19%
18.71%
7.10%
1.29%
1.94%
0.65%
0%
0.65%
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Old 09-03-21, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 395 Likes on 283 Posts
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Ok. Didn’t expect first, but I really got to see again.
It feels the most consistently exciting and entertaining throughout, the most fun, of all of them. It's like the best summation of what those movies should be. Rogue One is the most mature of them, and Empire is the best of the OT.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (09-03-21)
Old 09-03-21, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

This movie trends on Twitter every few months, which after all these years, is quite impressive (for a Disney SW movie)
Old 09-03-21, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 661 Likes on 503 Posts

I've noticed that too, especially since Gary Whitta* is on there and will sometimes chime in.

The reworking of the script did make the first two thirds feel a bit "moving the chess pieces into place", but I think it goes better with rewatches, knowing what's going to happen to everyone.
And the last act absolutely makes up for it. It's a sliced of fried gold.

*I'm always confounded how he was a writer on this which is one of my favorite movies ever, but also on one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life (Book of Eli).