Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Leatherface (2017) -- Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Leatherface (2017) -- Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-17, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Leatherface (2017) -- Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel

Originally Posted by dex14
Really? Because the last one, "Texas Chainsaw 3D", was fucking putrid too. The worst I've seen. I don't think I'll bother with this one.
I didn't think Texas Chainsaw 3D was horrible. Just mediocre. Leatherface is on another level in my opinion. It's aggressively terrible. I haven't seen Next Generation in so long that I can't say definitively which one is worse, but like I said, this could be the worst one of the lot.
Old 10-28-17, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Worst Texas Chainsaw movie ever.

Thankfully it was only 87 minutes.

Just a boring and unnecessary origin story. None of the characters made any impression. Did not give a shit about anyone. Even the attempt to make the viewer try to be sympathetic with the hot young nurse kidnapped by the clan failed.

Even the gore was boring.

I hated Texas Chainsaw 3D, but at least it had some entertaining elements to it along with it's campiness. But, this actually ends up IMO being the worst of the franchise.

This franchise needs to be put to rest for good.
Old 10-28-17, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
I didn't think Texas Chainsaw 3D was horrible. Just mediocre. Leatherface is on another level in my opinion. It's aggressively terrible. I haven't seen Next Generation in so long that I can't say definitively which one is worse, but like I said, this could be the worst one of the lot.
I don’t really know why Texas Chainsaw 3D gets so much hate. It’s not a good movie but it’s got a good cheese ball horror feel to it and doesn’t take itself too seriously. I’ve seen far worse.

I totally forgot about this film until I saw the bump a couple weeks ago. I’ll probably watch it at some point but I’m not in a hurry.
Old 10-28-17, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

I watched it on a Instagram livestream. Couldn’t have asked for a more appropriate showing And I agree that the 3D one (As a slasher by itself) isn’t so bad. It’s the mythology tied to it is what makes it poo poo.
Old 10-29-17, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

"Do your thing, cuz!" That line damn near killed anything good from the last Chainsaw movie. Leatherface sounds like it sews up the body bag on this series.