Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Paul Walker has died.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Paul Walker has died.

Old 12-02-13, 11:15 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Paul Walker has died.

It was when Ted Demme (director of "Blow") died. He died while playing basketball with friends. Someone I knew came up with the joke, "Did you hear Ted Demme died? Cause of death: Basketball!" At the time I thought this was hilarious, so whilst at a friend's house I repeated the joke. Both the friend and her mother went silent and finally the mother said, "We were good friends with Ted Demme." I politely excused myself and got the hell out of there.
Old 12-02-13, 11:22 PM

Received 1,212 Likes on 719 Posts

Wow. There's absolutely no way you could've seen that connection coming, either! That is quite the story and lesson learned. Now you've gotta start a foot-in-mouth disease thread.
Old 12-02-13, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-w...top-speed-185/

Paul Walker -- I Once Hit 185 MPH... On The Freeway!

12/2/2013

Paul Walker liked his cars fast fast fast -- in fact, he once boasted about hitting a top speed of 185 MPH -- and it wasn't on a racetrack ... it was on a freeway.

"The Fast & The Furious" star -- who died in a fiery car crash on Saturday -- made the revelation on GTChannel back in 2011 ... while taking a Nissan GT-R out for a test spin in Japan.

"The fastest I've ever gone is 184 to 186," Walker says on the video .... and then he reveals how fast he was clocked on an actual racetrack.

As TMZ reported ... law enforcement believes speed was a factor in the crash of the Porsche Carrera GT that killed Walker and his friend Roger Rodas in Santa Clarita, CA ... although it was Rodas -- not Walker -- who was driving at the time of the collision.
Old 12-02-13, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great story...had he been driving...which he wasn't...so...um...yeah
Old 12-02-13, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Old 12-02-13, 11:42 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you just posting anything with Walker's name on it now?
Old 12-03-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R9TbHdg__fI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-03-13, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phew! So it was a hoax after all? I knew it!
Old 12-03-13, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts

They thought it was him, but it wasn't him.
Old 12-03-13, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antspawn View Post
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fxTVqmuZ2jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Several cars drive by the burning wreckage before someone actually bothers to stop. If I saw a giant fireball on the side of the road I don't think I'd try to drive past it.
Old 12-03-13, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
It was when Ted Demme (director of "Blow") died. He died while playing basketball with friends. Someone I knew came up with the joke, "Did you hear Ted Demme died? Cause of death: Basketball!" At the time I thought this was hilarious, so whilst at a friend's house I repeated the joke. Both the friend and her mother went silent and finally the mother said, "We were good friends with Ted Demme." I politely excused myself and got the hell out of there.
Off-topic, but I've always wondered what Dennis Leary took away from Ted Demme's death. I remember seeing him interviewed shortly thereafter, talking about Ted and how sad he was, and all I could remember was the running "joke" in Leary's first concert film about celebrity deaths. Every twenty minutes or so he'd throw in a random, "I think Jim Hensen said it best when he said, 'Hey, I think I'm getting a cold!" or "I think John Denver said it best when he said, 'Hey guys, lets go flying!" or bemoaning the fact that after that guy murdered Lennon he didn't also murder Yoko. I wondred what Leary's reaction would be if some comedian got on stage and said, "I think Ted Demme said it best when he said, 'Hey guys, let's go shoot some hoops!'" Would he think that was funny too?
Old 12-03-13, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
Off-topic, but I've always wondered what Dennis Leary took away from Ted Demme's death. I remember seeing him interviewed shortly thereafter, talking about Ted and how sad he was, and all I could remember was the running "joke" in Leary's first concert film about celebrity deaths. Every twenty minutes or so he'd throw in a random, "I think Jim Hensen said it best when he said, 'Hey, I think I'm getting a cold!" or "I think John Denver said it best when he said, 'Hey guys, lets go flying!" or bemoaning the fact that after that guy murdered Lennon he didn't also murder Yoko. I wondred what Leary's reaction would be if some comedian got on stage and said, "I think Ted Demme said it best when he said, 'Hey guys, let's go shoot some hoops!'" Would he think that was funny too?
Dennis Leary is and was an unfunny hack.
If he actually uttered those lines, then I rest my case.
At least we know those jokes weren't ripped off from Hicks.
Old 12-03-13, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 571 Likes on 353 Posts

Old 12-03-13, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty View Post
His mistake was going there when there were crowds around. He would have been better off to wait a few days, or not go at all.
No it's not. He didn't make a mistake. People need to show some damn respect.

I turned the video off as soon as I saw what was going on. People are awful.
Old 12-03-13, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
No it's not. He didn't make a mistake. People need to show some damn respect.

I turned the video off as soon as I saw what was going on. People are awful.
Although I feel the video went too long (a picture would have sufficed), the reason I posted it is because, despite how sad it is, it's nice in a way to see that these people genuinely cared about each other outside of a working relationship.
Old 12-03-13, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 571 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
despite how sad it is, it's nice in a way to see that these people genuinely cared about each other outside of a working relationship.

No but seriously, I don't get any cynical, opportunist vibe from Tyrese there. People are douchebags for taping him. But I could have just stopped at people are douchebags. I need to get dressed
Old 12-03-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting old road test article on the Carrera GT. A line that caught my eye:

"I wouldn't dare to push the Carrera GT to its limit on a public road"

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...t/viewall.html
Old 12-03-13, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 676 Likes on 479 Posts

Although I feel the video went too long (a picture would have sufficed), the reason I posted it is because, despite how sad it is, it's nice in a way to see that these people genuinely cared about each other outside of a working relationship.
And a tweet by someone at the scene saying Tyrese stopped by and was in tears would have accomplished the same thing.
Old 12-03-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
And a tweet by someone at the scene saying Tyrese stopped by and was in tears would have accomplished the same thing.
I agree. But the video already exists.
Old 12-03-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 179 Likes on 118 Posts

Old 12-03-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 12-03-13, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With everything I've read about this particular car, I don't understand how it was ever declared street legal.
Old 12-03-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It definitely sounded like an expensive piece of shit. It's almost reads as if this thing should sit and look pretty and not be driven.

Is it weird that 2 weeks ago 'Brian' is killed by a speeding car on Family Guy and then this happens?
Old 12-03-13, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
It definitely sounded like an expensive piece of shit. It's almost reads as if this thing should sit and look pretty and not be driven.

Is it weird that 2 weeks ago 'Brian' is killed by a speeding car on Family Guy and then this happens?
Which is why I'm waiting for the same loons who accused Seth McFarlane of predicting the marathon bombing (because he had a gag of Peter running over marathon runners with his car) to do the same regarding Paul Walker.
Old 12-03-13, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 574 Posts

Which is why I'm waiting for the same loons who accused Seth McFarlane of predicting the marathon bombing (because he had a gag of Peter running over marathon runners with his car) to do the same regarding Paul Walker.
Or 9/11 with the whole Bin Laden going through security singing showtunes.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.