Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (2012, some hack)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (2012, some hack)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 09:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (2012, some hack)

Originally Posted by Bald
Is this worth watching or what? I might have to go check it out
is the 3D any good? I'm being slightly masochistic and am very curious in seeing this myself too.
Old 01-11-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's more Friday the 13th Part 3 than Avatar, meaning expect less immersion and more "here's something sharp in your eye" type of stuff. Considering their intentions, I thought it looked pretty damn good.
Old 05-15-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Saw the unrated version last night. Alexandra Daddario but even she couldn't save this terrible mess. Some scenes were pretty gruesome.
Old 05-15-13, 05:44 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Jesus christ this was so fucking dumb. "Do your thing, cuz." I can't even believe someone wrote this shit, and someone actually said yes film that! What a crappy final act.

The movie started off alright... had some decent scare and gore... and the girls are sexy as hell...but wow... just wow... I thought those Platinum Dunes ones were bad. Those were nothing compared to this.
Old 05-15-13, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I picked up the BD and was watching the bonus features (which are great for fans of the original film, btw) and there's a very brief line from the stereographer where he says something to the effect of, "We did a 10-year time jump, so there's a bit of a gap. We wanted to set it in modern time, so we hope people don't really notice that the character who should be 35 is really 25."

Uh, yea, chief, I think a few of us noticed.
Old 05-16-13, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I picked up the BD and was watching the bonus features (which are great for fans of the original film, btw) and there's a very brief line from the stereographer where he says something to the effect of, "We did a 10-year time jump, so there's a bit of a gap. We wanted to set it in modern time, so we hope people don't really notice that the character who should be 35 is really 25."

Uh, yea, chief, I think a few of us noticed.
Definitely noticed this.
Old 05-16-13, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal

Uh, yea, chief, I think a few of us noticed
Yes. This stood out like a sore thumb.

And yeah, as a huge fan of the original film, the bonus features are fantastic (it's the sole reason I bought the BD).
Old 05-16-13, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the worst part is there's nothing in the movie that would have prevented them from setting the movie in the 90s. I guess aside from that awful smart phone scene... but really it's worth throwing out continuity to use that plot device?
Old 11-29-13, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

So I picked up the Blu-ray of this from Walmart because it was pretty cheap on a Black Friday sale ($9.96) and I had been wanting to see it for a while. I have to say it wasn't great but I didn't think it was terrible either. The timeline was messed up for sure but if you kind of ignore that fact and just take it for what it is it's sort of a fun watch. Not great by any means but maybe it's just because I tend to enjoy cheesy horror films but I liked it enough.

The end was stupid though and I didn't really buy the fact that all the townspeople who took out the Sawyer's originally would want to go after Heather just because she's a relative since she was only a baby when everything happened. Just seemed like they turned on her way too fast with no real reason for doing so. Also holy shit is Alexandra Daddario hot. If the movie had nothing else going for it she's reason enough to watch it.
Old 03-12-15, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Can't believe I wasted 90 minutes watching this yesterday, but in the end it was worth it to ogle at Alexandra Daddario. God DAMN she is hot.

Worst ending ever. I bet the writer thought he was so clever when he came up with that.
Old 03-12-15, 08:32 AM

I still get a laugh out of the "some hack" director in the title. But yes this was such shit.
Old 03-12-15, 11:41 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved Alexandra Daddario in True Detective (for several reasons), but she was totally miscast for this. Even ignoring what her biological origin was supposed to be, I just couldn't buy her as this white trash girl who can barely pay the rent. She looked like a hot trendy girl trying to dress 'alternative' for Halloween or something.