Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sly Stallone Starts Rocky 6 in December

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sly Stallone Starts Rocky 6 in December

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
Pardon my ignorance, but when did this movie open? Today?
Yep, today(Wednesday). Looking good for Rocky Balboa on Rottentomatoes.com with 76 positive review links out of 101 total currently...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocky_balboa/
Old 12-20-06, 08:24 PM
Banned

Back in 1990 SISKEL & EBERT both gave ROCKY 5 a thumbs up and back in 1985 gave ROCKY 4 bad reviews. But it seems everybody hates ROCKY 5, even Sly.
Old 12-20-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez
Back in 1990 SISKEL & EBERT both gave ROCKY 5 a thumbs up and back in 1985 gave ROCKY 4 bad reviews. But it seems everybody hates ROCKY 5, even Sly.
Yeah, although V did some things very bad, it also tried getting back to Rocky's roots and away from the mtv music video that was part IV. (which also had it's share of embarassing moments)

If V had gotten rid of the son's pre-teen angst storyline and rap soundtrack it would've been much better imo.
Old 12-20-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Yeah after Rocky's hard R rating, watching this is gonna be like a neutred version. F*** you Hollywood.
Please clean up your words, when you signed up, you argeed to "Keep it clean".

Onto the topic, this is the only movie I am looking forward to seeing in the theater this Christmas Season.

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky...
Old 12-20-06, 09:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got back and loved it. As a 25 year old, I had never seen an entire Rocky movie all the way through until about two weeks ago. All I remembered before was his fight with He-Man. I was mad that I never watched these earlier (well sans V and the robot from IV) Anyways,

Spoiler:
when the training scenes started and the theme played, wow...even after only seeing them for the first time recently, I loved it...especially the hand up with the dog at the top of the stairs. Wish the final "sequence" before the fight is over was a bit longer. It would have been hilarious if no other goldenpalace.com ads were anywhere but on Paulie's robe and hat, as well...he's the advertising guy! I would have loved it if Rocky flashbacked again to Mickey's "get up and fight you son of a bitch...cause Mickey loves ya!" line. I thought Cuff and Link were in this...did I miss them?

Last edited by joshyborra; 12-20-06 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-20-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
I think this film will make it's money back and show a handsome profit after international box office and DVD sales are factored in.
That said, I hope this doesn't revive his career. He needs to fade away gracefully( if that's even possible ).
Stallone will not go quietly into the night. Just wait til Rambo comes out! I sure wish our old forum member "Rocky Stallone" was here to give his 2 cents on the subject. He was such a die hard Stallone fan. It was always great to read his stuff.

Glad the reviews are solid. I will be seeing this movie over the weekend!

If you're a fan of the series you owe it to yourself to check out this tribute video someone made for youtube. It's really nicely edited.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvn8165I1Kc

Last edited by jessecrx; 12-20-06 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-21-06, 10:33 AM

"MGM's Rocky Balboa started fast with a $6 million mid-week opening Wednesday from 2,752 theaters."

full story:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...eat-dreamgirls (thanks to drudgereport.com for the link)
Old 12-21-06, 12:01 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 588 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by joshyborra
I just got back and loved it. As a 25 year old, I had never seen an entire Rocky movie all the way through until about two weeks ago. All I remembered before was his fight with He-Man. I was mad that I never watched these earlier (well sans V and the robot from IV) Anyways,

Spoiler:
when the training scenes started and the theme played, wow...even after only seeing them for the first time recently, I loved it...especially the hand up with the dog at the top of the stairs. Wish the final "sequence" before the fight is over was a bit longer. It would have been hilarious if no other goldenpalace.com ads were anywhere but on Paulie's robe and hat, as well...he's the advertising guy! I would have loved it if Rocky flashbacked again to Mickey's "get up and fight you son of a bitch...cause Mickey loves ya!" line. I thought Cuff and Link were in this...did I miss them?

I saw this yesterday and loved it as well. If you like Rocky I-III, you'll like this one.

Spoiler:
Cuff and Link were in the very beginning, when Rocky wakes up and gets out of bed.