Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

New James Bond Announced......ORLANDO BLOOM.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

New James Bond Announced......ORLANDO BLOOM.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good. I hope Pierce returns. For crying out loud no Bloom!
Old 04-07-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Coming 2006......

Orlando Bloom is.......

exactly what i was thinking!
Old 04-07-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
cinescape is reporting:

One step closer to Brosnan's return.
Old 04-08-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 947 Likes on 668 Posts
Bloom is out so this whole thread definitely needs a title change:

IGN
The recent internet rumors of a Young James Bond film and of Orlando Bloom being up for that role are apparently news to him. "I'm not doing Young James Bond. No, no, no. It's funny, my cousin called me up, he said, 'Is there something you're not telling me? That you're playing James Bond? I just saw it on CNN.' I was like, 'Dude, my manager, my agent have never mentioned it to me, so not to date. Young or old, it had never been mentioned to me, so you know, I don't know where that came from but I can tell you that I've never heard a whiff of it, not a whiff."
Old 04-09-05, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MoviePage

Clive Owen would be absolutely perfect as Bond, and I've thought so since Croupier. But I sincerely hope that he doesn't do it. He's destined for better things.

You don't get any better than taking on the Bond role for a few movies. A great actor can get other roles as well, as Connery showed us over and over again, and Brosnan always finds work between pictures. Owen IS perfect for Bond and if it's no longer going to be Brosnan then they need to open up their checkbook and ask Owen how much he wants.
Old 04-09-05, 08:34 AM

Owen IS perfect as Bond. Croupier and his roles as the Driver made it obvious. Here's the problem though, unless they change the way they're doing the movies, they'll still be crap, they'll just be crap with Clive Owen in them. And if they DID change the way they do the movies, then they might as well stick with Brosnan because he can definitely do the job. Sounds like that's what he's asking for anyway(and I don't blame him).