Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sin City vs. Amélie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sin City vs. Amélie

Old 04-07-05, 05:08 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 23,225
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sin City vs. Amélie

Who would win in a fight?
Old 04-07-05, 05:11 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Joe Molotov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 8,507
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was hoping for a Senator Rourk vs. Senator Palpatine thread.
Old 04-07-05, 05:14 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 10,059
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it all of Sin City vs only Amelie? I think the city full of people and machine gun carrying prostitutes would win.
Old 04-07-05, 06:12 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,349
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Amelie would out sweeten all of Sin City.
Old 04-07-05, 06:37 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 23,466
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
amelie would reverse all their doorknobs so they couldn't leave their houses to show up for the fight.
Old 04-07-05, 07:21 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,085
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hartigan vs. Mad Martigan

Marv (Sin City) vs. Marv (Home Alone)

Jackie Boy vs. Jackie Brown

Nacy Callahan vs. Harry Callahan

Goldie vs. Blondie
Old 04-08-05, 01:00 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,913
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amelie, another highly overrated import.

RyoHazuki, you could also have:

Kevin (Sin City) vs. Kevin (Home Alone)
Old 04-08-05, 03:04 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,077
Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
What are you talking about? Everybody knows the French don't fight.
Old 04-08-05, 10:33 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 11,819
Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
What are you talking about? Everybody knows the French don't fight.
Ding ding......I think we have a winner.
Old 04-08-05, 10:36 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,197
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
What are you talking about? Everybody knows the French don't fight.
you do realize that america owes its indepence to the french, right? we'd still be having tea and crumpets without their help.

do you say they don't fight because their neighbor to the east keeps producing crazy belligerent dictators? or because they're refusal to fight against iraq and it's "Weapons of mass destruction"?

if we neighbored japan, we'd prolly have abandoned the tea and crumpets for rice or the like because they definitely took it to us in the beginning of ww2.
Old 04-08-05, 10:40 AM
  #11  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,730
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdinosaur
you do realize that america owes its indepence to the french, right? we'd still be having tea and crumpets without their help.

do you say they don't fight because their neighbor to the east keeps producing crazy belligerent dictators? or because they're refusal to fight against iraq and it's "Weapons of mass destruction"?

if we neighbored japan, we'd prolly have abandoned the tea and crumpets for rice or the like because they definitely took it to us in the beginning of ww2.

As if these threads didn't blow already, this post nails the lid on the coffin.
Old 04-08-05, 10:41 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,328
Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Obviously, Count Dooku and rexinnih never saw Savate.

And, pdinosaur, relax, I think they were just kidding.
Old 04-08-05, 10:44 AM
  #13  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Amelie: 19
Sin City: 0
Old 04-08-05, 10:49 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus
 
Jason Bovberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 3,431
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Amelie, another highly overrated import.
Actually, I think it's underrated. There's a weird backlash against it, maybe just because of the fact of its sweet optimism, but it's an extremely well crafted film with boundless rewatchability. It shoulda won the Foreign-Language Oscar, over that yawner "No Man's Land."

And Amelie would kick Marv's ass, by the way.
Old 04-08-05, 11:07 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
What are you talking about? Everybody knows the French don't fight.
I'm with dooku...suck it frenchie
Old 04-08-05, 12:38 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,913
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason Bovberg
Actually, I think it's underrated. There's a weird backlash against it, maybe just because of the fact of its sweet optimism, but it's an extremely well crafted film with boundless rewatchability. It shoulda won the Foreign-Language Oscar, over that yawner "No Man's Land."

And Amelie would kick Marv's ass, by the way.
Underrated by whom. I have to hear from a person that saw it, that told me they didn't like it. I thought it was pretty forgettable. I guess maybe I put foreign films on a higher pedestal than most American ones especially ones that are praised by nearly everyone but Amelie did not live up to the hype.
Old 04-08-05, 12:44 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 39,328
Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Amélie was a cute little film. No more, no less. I can't see how anyone could hate it but I can't see how anyone could claim it's the best film ever, either.
Old 04-08-05, 03:22 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,077
Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
Originally Posted by pdinosaur
You do realize that America owes its independence to the French, right?
Everything I know, I learned from Groundskeeper Willie

"Bonjour, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys!"
Old 04-08-05, 04:29 PM
  #19  
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Island of Staten
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another educational thread. i think amelie was totally over rated, i sold it as soon as i bought it.
Old 04-08-05, 04:50 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdinosaur
you do realize that america owes its indepence to the french, right? we'd still be having tea and crumpets without their help.

do you say they don't fight because their neighbor to the east keeps producing crazy belligerent dictators? or because they're refusal to fight against iraq and it's "Weapons of mass destruction"?

if we neighbored japan, we'd prolly have abandoned the tea and crumpets for rice or the like because they definitely took it to us in the beginning of ww2.

Old 04-08-05, 04:53 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 23,225
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ruk
another educational thread. i think amelie was totally over rated, i sold it as soon as i bought it.
Did you sell your shift key along with it?
Old 04-09-05, 12:47 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 23,510
Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
A "vs." thread I didn't start, imagine that!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.