Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Flash (2023, D: Muschietti) - S: Miller, Keaton and Affleck

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
You're not giving him a fair shake. I'm not talking about Dude, Where's My Car Seann William Scott; more of the Scott from The Rundown or Stark Raving Mad. He has excellent comic timing and knows how to act. At his age, build and looks and with his style, he'd be perfect.

How quickly we forget that the best part of Goyer's own Blade Trinity was a ripped, cocky action man whose biggest role had been Van Wilder. Be not so quick to judge!

If Ryan Reynolds was up for anything, he should play Fletch...
personally i don't hold blade trinity up there with must see comic book movies.
Old 12-21-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
personally i don't hold blade trinity up there with must see comic book movies.
Nor do I. I think you missed my point.
Old 12-21-04, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think sam rockwell would be a good choice. It would be something entirely new for him...playing someone likable
Old 10-17-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't know they were making The Flash, but it appears that Ryan Reynolds will play the lead. At least from the sites I checked out tonight.
Old 10-18-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seann William Scott plays himself in every role he is cast in now. He is a parody of himself.
I vote for Ryan.
Old 10-18-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Seann William Scott plays himself in every role he is cast in now. He is a parody of himself.
I vote for Ryan.
I love Ryan Reynolds...but the same thing you just said about Scott easily applies to Reynolds.
Old 10-19-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sean can act,it is just that he gets the same type of role each time.Meanwhile Ryan has been to long on TV shows and just now started to make movies and So far he got 2 more major releases coming up.He is a very good actor,just hope he makes the right decision in picking his roles.
Old 10-19-05, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tofu
In this day and age, I'm not sure how you can justify a chemistry student being exposed to stuff like that.
Yeah, because the rest of it is so believeable.
Old 10-20-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For all those who care and may not know, the complete TV series is coming out on DVD early next year - 1/10/2006.
Old 10-21-05, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Heavy water is pretty harmless unless you consume massive quantities of it.
Old 10-21-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmmm, the flash can move faster than the speed of light? I guess we will have to assume that he contains no mass. Even if he only moved at half the speed of life, the time dilation would be troubling. He would appear to age much quicker than everyone else.

Generally, I can suspend belief for movies, so I hope they come up with some nifty explanation for how he can move faster than light. They should be able to come up with something. Hopefully they do. Otherwise it is like watching a war movie where all the Nazis are African American. It may be a great story, but it will still be tough to get beyond the fact that it is obvious crap.
Old 10-21-05, 01:45 AM
Premium Member

Received 697 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Hmmmm, the flash can move faster than the speed of light? I guess we will have to assume that he contains no mass. Even if he only moved at half the speed of life, the time dilation would be troubling. He would appear to age much quicker than everyone else.

Generally, I can suspend belief for movies, so I hope they come up with some nifty explanation for how he can move faster than light. They should be able to come up with something. Hopefully they do. Otherwise it is like watching a war movie where all the Nazis are African American. It may be a great story, but it will still be tough to get beyond the fact that it is obvious crap.
Dude, he can still handle a batleth.
Old 10-21-05, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by kvrdave

wait.. wait. wait... Speed of LIFE? what the hell kind of drugs are you on? I mean really. It's a super hero flick. They could bullshit how fast he moves for all I care. Speed force is a tricky subject as it is. Just accept it as a sort of comic fact and enjoy it. Sort of like in the mummy 2 where the dude runs faster than the suns rays of light.
Old 10-21-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrush
Heavy water is pretty harmless unless you consume massive quantities of it.
That's not what Batman: The Movie (1966) would lead me to believe. Penguin's henchmen disintigrated!
Old 10-21-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
wait.. wait. wait... Speed of LIFE? what the hell kind of drugs are you on? I mean really. It's a super hero flick. They could bullshit how fast he moves for all I care. Speed force is a tricky subject as it is. Just accept it as a sort of comic fact and enjoy it. Sort of like in the mummy 2 where the dude runs faster than the suns rays of light.

Well, he better generate a warp field around him. That's all I"m saying.
Old 10-21-05, 01:40 PM

How do you mean he would age faster than everyone? Wouldn't he age slower, since the faster you travel, the slower time goes by.
Old 10-22-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, you're right. Everyone around him would age quicker than him. My bad
Old 10-22-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just blame the medication - that's what I do.
Old 10-22-05, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk God

It occured to me.
Old 10-22-05, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

remember that time the flash fell out of an airplane...couldn't fly but he kicked his legs real fast...landed in some trees, saved the girl, and got out with minor brusies....what a weird comic....he just falls the whole time.
Old 02-05-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just read on Superherohype that Goyer's out of this one and the new director is the director of Night at the Museum.
Old 02-05-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
News 'Flash': Levy to helmBy Borys Kit

Feb 5, 2007

Shawn Levy has stepped on board to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Flash," the big-screen adaptation of the DC Comics speedster hero. Levy's decision to get involved in the project is his first move since the successful release of his "Night at the Museum," a $225 million boxoffice smash.

Charles Roven and Alex Gartner are producing "Flash." It is believed that Levy will act in a producing capacity as well.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, the original Flash first appeared in "Flash Comics" #1 in 1940. In comics lore, there have been four incarnations of the scarlet speedster, who has remained one of DC's most popular characters. He has ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel.

David Goyer, who co-wrote "Batman Begins" for Warners, had been attached to write, direct and produce a screen adaptation. But Goyer quietly left the project several months ago, though it was not until Friday that he announced his departure on his MySpace page.

"I am sad to say that my version of 'The Flash' is dead at WB," Goyer wrote. "The God's honest truth is that WB and myself simply couldn't agree on what would make for a cool Flash film. I'm quite proud of the screenplay I turned in. I threw my heart into it, and I genuinely think it would've been the basis of a groundbreaking film. But as of now, the studio is heading off in a completely different direction."

Sources said that Levy, who before "Museum" had been known for such comedies as "Cheaper by the Dozen" and "The Pink Panther," has no intention of making "Flash" a comedy but is aiming for a lighter movie than previous Warners comic book adaptations, such as "Batman Begins" and "Superman Returns." Goyer's "Flash" also had been dark-themed.

Levy will oversee the writing of the new draft, and it is believed elements of Goyer's script will be used in the development process.
Old 02-05-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Not a very good development... Levy doesn't fill me with inspiration.
Old 02-05-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Levy's filmography includes nothing that leads me to believe that he could pull off a comic film. After a couple of great releases in Batman Begins and Superman Returns, it looks like Warners is back to their old selves when it comes to their DC franchises (see the Wonder Woman news as well.)
Old 02-05-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
ugh, Shawn Levy is the luckiest director in Hollywood, churning out craptastic films to the family friendly sheeple...bad bad move...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.