Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone see "Anchorman"...how is it?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone see "Anchorman"...how is it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just loved this movie!

Excellent lines!

Brick- Did you guys see me kill that guy with a tridant?
Ron - Right, we did. Nice work Brick. But you might want to hide out in a warehouse or with a relative. Because the police look for people who murder other people

Or

Ron - Brick, where did you get a hand grenade?

The out takes at the end were priceless! lava lamp!

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 07-15-04 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-16-04, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Da Thrilla
Spoiler:
I about lost it when Jack Black kicked the dog over the bridge
I was dying during this scene too. The News Battle was great too.

The movie had some laughs but, IMHO I still would rank it behind Zoolander, Old School, and Dodgeball but ahead of Starsky & Hutch.
Old 07-16-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
oh man, i was crying laughing during the curling weights and "San Diego is German for..." scenes.

great movie, and MUCH funnier than dodgeball (which i thought had its funny moments, but overall just wasn't that good... pretty HORRIBLE acting in Dodgeball (all secondary characters were brutal, and vaughn kind of mailed it in)).

i was disappointed that the garth divorce interaction didn't make the movie. that scene cracked me up every time in the previews.
Old 07-16-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
't know...I loved Anchorman. I watched Dogeball last night and thought it sucked pretty bad...
Old 07-17-04, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There were laughs here and there, but it wasn't as funny as I'd thought it would be. The only part that I really laugh-out-loud lost it was when
Spoiler:
Baxter comes to save the day
. The majority of the movie was just a big "eh."

Then again, I didn't think Old School was nearly as funny as some people make it out to be.
Old 07-19-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not sure why some people have to put down other people's taste in movies. The comment that got me pissed off the most in this thread was "some people will laugh at anything." It was meant condescendinly it seemed, but it really is the truth. My wife thinks "Whose Line?" on television is the ultimate in comedy and I just don't see the humor. I love "Old School" and she thought it was terrible. Which one of us is right? Well, in this case clearly I am, but that's not the point.

The point is some people loved this movie and some people hated it (actually I am somewhere in between there) but you get the point.
Old 01-01-05, 11:42 AM

Thread Bump... I finally saw this last night with some buds...we were all . Especially the outakes on the DVD where Ron starts saying " The torch did not get a loan" or something like that, as Ron's preparing to get on the air. We must replayed it at least 25 times. Thanks Will Ferrell!!! BTW i had a huge headache after that!!
Old 01-01-05, 11:55 AM

my goodness, dvdtalkers have absolutely no sense of humor. or maybe they think they are 'too intelligent' for this movie. yeah right. this was a great movie.
Old 01-01-05, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by badger1997
I'm not sure why some people have to put down other people's taste in movies. The comment that got me pissed off the most in this thread was "some people will laugh at anything."
who cares about them and their stupid opinions.
Old 01-01-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought it on Tuesday without seeing it before. Funny movie I guess but I thought the supporting cast was WAY better than Will was. He just didn't do it for me this time around....or in Elf to be honest. I'm a big fan but whatever his next film is I am going to rent it for sure. Except for the Woody Allen film which I will pass on totally.
Old 01-01-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Except for the Woody Allen film which I will pass on totally.

I enjoyed Anchorman BTW.
Old 01-01-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
I didn't read the four pages of this thread, b/c, quite frankly it is way more than this movie deserves. I would rank it as the worst movie of the year. Probably the worst comedy I have seen since Zoolander. And for comparison's sake, I enjoyed Dodgeball, Elf and Old School. This was just bland, unfunny and a waste of everyone's talents involved in this motion picture.
Old 01-01-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I LOVED IT!
Really surprised me. Wake Up however was VERY dissapointing....
Old 01-01-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TNAJason
Wake Up however was VERY dissapointing....
I was amazed at how long it was but I was tired after the first film and I didn't get to watch the second one all the way. I just jumped thru it to see bits and pieces. I guess I'll be in no hurry getting back to watching it.
Old 01-01-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jack Black stole this movie IMO "That's how I roll"
I'm Ron Burgundy??? @ him reading exactly what was on the teleprompters
Old 01-01-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 171 Posts
Having reviewed it after a purchase, I still think it's funny, but can see how some people would think it stupid or unfunny. Some of this movie has to grow on you.

What's this "Wake Up" thing? I can't find it on the unrated DVD.
Old 01-01-05, 07:59 PM

IMHO, it's the worse of any movie that Will has done so far.
Old 01-01-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I received this from Amazon a few days ago and it become our "New Year's Eve movie" for the night. There were 5 of us gathered 'round to watch and none of us had seen it before.

While not the best Will Ferrell title IMO, it did have its great moments and quotables. I'm definitely watching it again since I agree that it's something that'll grow on me (Zoolander did, after all). I do think that watching it in a bigger group at home helped to make this movie
Old 01-02-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it today and just got really bored with it. It had some laughs, some decent lines, but overall I just found the story boring, I really never cared about a single character in the movie. I could see it being a movie that grows on you, but from the first watch it was definitely one of the worst movies I have seen in a while, I never actually finished it (stopped when Christina Applegate fell in the bear pit).
Old 01-02-05, 01:56 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
a love it or hate it movie, i hated it !

and i usually like crude comedy

Just totally unfunny and got old real quick

and no Christina Applegate's tits or bush !
Old 01-02-05, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Spoiler:
The news gang war was my favorite part as well. Didn't recognize Tim Robbins, thought it was John C. Reilly initially.
Heh. Brock Landers from Boogie Nights-kinda John C. Reilly. I see it.
Old 01-02-05, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Wake up Ron Burgundy, the movie made out of extra footage included with Anchorman? I rented both from Netflix but was wondering if theyre together when purchasing the movie. If you loved Anchorman then Wake Up is worth a view for more gags, on top of alot of the footage that was in the trailer and nowhere in the released film. A little too much voice over to explain some stuff away that was obviously needed from the released film ( I guess they didnt want to repeat footage) but after about the 30 min mark it becomes its own film for about another hour. The commentary is hilarious also, Lou Rawls coming in for most of the movie, oblivious to what he's doing there is priceless.
Old 01-02-05, 10:50 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
I watched it last week and thought it was so-so. A few laughs, but it could have been much better given the storyline.
Old 01-03-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
saw this the other day
smells like bigfoot's dick was definitely the best line
and the big fight between all the news stations anchors was great

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-03-05 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-04-05, 03:32 PM
Banned

What about the scene where Fred Armison forces Will to eat shit in the restaurant

I liked Old School better the 1st time when it was called Animal House.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.