Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill To Be Released in 2 PARTS - RIP OFF!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kill Bill To Be Released in 2 PARTS - RIP OFF!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
Originally posted by slop101
Here's a quote from the above article, sure to piss people off even more:

"Screen Daily said Tarantino and Miramax were working on localised Asian versions of the films, which would be longer and show more graphic violence. "

You gotta be kidding me...
Geez, just like the old days with the legendary Japanese versions of Hammer films that supposedly had extra blood and gore (this has never been confirmed).

Well, if this happens, I'll just get the Japanese R2 or HK R3 discs.
Old 07-17-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Anything we can honestly do about this? No. So whining about this will only make it worse for us I fear.
Old 07-17-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The movie itself will be cool, for sure. It's just too bad that miramax and company are taking all the coolness out of it.

Blah!

Forget that. I am just going to wait until I could find some poor fella who has both parts and then proceed to beat him over the head and then run away smiling with them.
Old 07-17-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Wow, this could very well be the biggest over-reaction I've seen in a thread since the Nicky "The Squid" Calamari vs. Tommy "The Turd" Robelli argument...
Old 07-17-03, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Some movies work as three hour epics, some don't. Three hours of kung fu could get old quick. Two shorter movies might keep it fresher.
Old 07-17-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There were no obstacles involved in splitting up `Kill Bill' at all because I've always designed the movie, thought about the film, as malleable in any number of versions," Mr. Tarantino said in his statement. That includes different versions for Asia, America and Europe.
Screw 2 times the BO! Looks like this movie is making 6 times the BO. Which means 6-9 DVD releases (6 individual releases and 3 box sets). And the fact that the asian and European versions are different than the American version means that us film buffs will be willing to buy all those DVDs.

I don't know how splitting the film will affect it, hopefully it won't be too bad. I think that this type of decision should be made before any marketing is done, as it has not to this point been marketed as a two-parter. Many people will probably go to the theater for part one, and when it says Kill Bill, part 2 in 2-6 months, they will NOT go see that part. The film buffs/Tarentino fans will of course... including myself, but the average Joe might not... depending on how the split is handled. I know that was the biggest complaint for Fellowship, the ending. People walking out going "what the hell?" We'll see I guess.
Old 07-19-03, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm probably one of the few that likes the novelty of the idea. Hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months for it. Either way, Quentin's got my cash sinc I'm a whore for everything Tarantino.
Old 07-19-03, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, even Jules winfield throws his ball into Tarantino's court.. Muhahahhahahahah get it.. Jules... Ball.. (I guess you have to be oldschool...)
Old 07-19-03, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Man, even Jules winfield throws his ball into Tarantino's court.. Muhahahhahahahah get it.. Jules... Ball.. (I guess you have to be oldschool...)
My user name is Jules Winfield. It's pretty damn obvious who's cock I'm going to drool after.

Stupid fool.
Old 07-19-03, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Kill Bill To Be Released in 2 PARTS - RIP OFF!!

Originally posted by chanster
From NYTimes -

Mr. Weinstein, who in Hollywood is known as "Harvey Scissorhands," after the title character in the movie "Edward Scissorhands," has a reputation...
Good thing they explained that, otherwise I never would've figured it out. duuuhh *drool*

Put me in the "don't care if it's 2 parts" camp. Matrix is in 3 parts and that doesn't bother me either. It's not like it's a 90 minute movie that they're releasing in 45 minute segments. I think I'll get my money's worth out of it... if the first half sucks, I won't have to spend the money on another ticket. Hopefully they put all of it on the same DVD.