Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Is Quentin Tarantino a dumbass?
**** yeah, man!
30.23%
no way, man
69.77%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

**** You Tarantino

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-03, 05:36 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** You Tarantino

What a moron. Not only is Miramax screwing themselves out of money for Kill Bill, but they are back up Quentin's godliness. Even if I was a fan of his and wanted to see this movie I think that i am better off waiting for his piss por dvd release watch it and then once i have decided if i liked it. i will wait for him to release if again a special edition of it on dvd because of course he needs our money because he only makes a money once in a blue **** moon. that is what i have to say about that. Screw you Tarantino and your ignorance.
Old 07-18-03, 05:38 PM
Banned

http://www.evilavatar.com/modules.ph...rder=0&thold=0
Old 07-18-03, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see what the big deal is. Wow, 2 movies instead of one. Does it merit this much hatred? I really don't think so. Yeah, I would rather just go to one film, but Jesus. . .this has got to stop.
Old 07-18-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm w/ theneobez....what's the big deal?
Old 07-18-03, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

if that guy called miramax then why did Tarantino himself say this to Mike Sampson of Cinescape:

In the upcoming August issue of Cinescape, Quentin Tarantino sits down for an exclusive interview and talks, among other things, about the recently announced spilt of KILL BILL into two movies. The concept has been met with heated debate since it was announced so maybe Quentin's explanation will be enough to soothe the savage beasts among you. I think it's a great idea and I see it more as a creative choice than a monetary one, but that's just me. Here's an excerpt from the Cinescape interview:

CINESCAPE: When will the second one come out?

TARANTINO: The first one will come out at the beginning of October and we're looking at the schedule [to determine] exactly when to bring out the next one. The idea is at a certain point both movies will be playing in theaters.

CINESCAPE: You also run the risk of, "What if the movie fails? You have Volume 2 and no one wants to see it." Have you worried about that?

TARANTINO: Not really. It's not like it's this four-hour movie. There was an aspect of it where I was like, "This is a grindhouse movie; it can't be three hours. That's just too pretentious. Instead it's two 90-minute movies. That's the deal." It also became less and less an issue of length and more and more an issue of intensity. I don't know if the average moviegoer could handle it from beginning to end in one sitting. At the end of the first one, you want to go home, have a drink and go and eat pie and talk about it.

[Removed Unnecessary Vulgarity -Blake]

Last edited by Blake; 07-18-03 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-18-03, 05:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great, just what the Internet needs. Another foul-mouthed "angry" message-board poster "character."
Cool New Member

there is the link if u think im lying

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...e&obj_id=39168

[Removed Unnecessary Vulgarity -Blake]

Last edited by Blake; 07-18-03 at 06:21 PM.

who cares it will probably be a pretty good movie based on his track record, I am just happy the movie is coming out in a few months, or maybe all you haters/complainers want to wait another 6 years for a tarantino movie
Old 07-18-03, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Some dude's gonna have a heart attack soon and it ain't Tarantino...
Old 07-18-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dude, you need to chill. It's just a movie. Calm the hell down. Smoke that.
Old 07-18-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Angry Video Guy - CALM DOWN. Any more vulgarity will be cause for suspension. State your case and let the facts speak for themself - ending every post with a vulgar line will get you nowhere.
Old 07-18-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Wow, some really intelligent contribution to the debate there, newbie
Old 07-18-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Oops didn't see Blake's post
Old 07-18-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder how much more bitchin we'd be getting if another director did this. I think too many people worship Tarantino, hence the more lukewarm response to this.

For the record, I'm mostly indifferent. I was interested to see the movie before, but after this news, I kinda lost interest.
Old 07-18-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really don't see how this is a big deal. if you don't like it.. DON'T WATCH IT. simple as that. I didn't see so many folks get all pissed off when he decided to get a simple movie format and throwing the parts around to make a mixed up non-liniar timeline that was in pulp fiction.
Old 07-18-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Come on, the internet wouldn't be the same without people finding minor things to get all riled up about.
Old 07-18-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh man, this really sucks, I'm never going to see a Tarantino movie again, I'm changing my user name, I hate Miramax, I just threw away my Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs DVD's, I hate life, I hate movies, I hate this board, I hate the internet, I hate Mr. White, Mr. Brown, Mr. Blue, Mr. Potato Head, I hate the San Fransisco Giants, I hate how every poll has Twikoff, I hate 'submit reply' buttons, I hated the Core, I hate this, that, and the other. Oh, and I hate mustard. From now on it'll be Henry Wein$tein, and oh yeah, I hate Michael Bay.

It's a movie. That's it. A movie that I guarantee most of the people bitching about, will see.

It's Tarantino, therefore, it'll be great. If I see the first half and like it, I'll see the second half. If not, I won't (but I'd be surprised).

It's not the end of the world. It's a movie.

Last edited by Tarantino; 07-18-03 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-18-03, 07:13 PM

I'm glad it will be 2 movies, and I'm looking forward to it. It seems very stylish and original, despite borrowing from old kung fu flicks.
Old 07-18-03, 07:16 PM
mwj

It makes me even less interested in the movie. Since I dislike Lucy Liu I probably wasn't going to see Kill Bill anyway. I still think it takes guts to risk upsetting your audience by doing something unconventional with your first movie in a long time.
Old 07-18-03, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Tarantino
... I hate the San Fransisco Giants...
You leave the gmen alone, you Angels loving bastard... or Dodger fan... You know the gmen are going all the way this year.
Old 07-18-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: **** You Tarantino

Originally posted by Angry Video Guy
Even if I was a fan of his and wanted to see this movie...

So you're not a fan...and you don't want to see this movie anyway, yet you still get this pissed off because he split the movie off into two? Why do you care?
Old 07-18-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That cinescape interview was exactly the reasoning why I saw this split working. The description of what this movie is like, the ultimate B movie grindhouse movie, made me think 3 hours would be excessive. 3 hours for a movie? Sure why not. But for this type of material, making a 3 hour movie play well is close to impossible. It's fast, furious action, not serious involving drama. It's grindhouse, and quite frankly I agree with the notion that this stuff will play better as two 90 minutes movies. While everyone is moaning and groaning because of Weinstein, and that they would prefer a 3 hour movie...have you thought of the material Quentin is coming off of? Nonetheless, I kinda like the idea. My only hope is that they are released as ONE dvd, with both movies on there. I suppose I may be the only one who likes this idea? COnsidering the hatred it seems to have spawned.
Old 07-18-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Seems so silly to get worked up.

If it had been announced as two movies from the start, people wouldn't have said a word.
Old 07-18-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quentin Tarantino has proven to be a very good director with a bunch of good movies under his belt.
Old 07-19-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only question I ever had of this idea is how long are we going to have to wait between releases. I was worried it would be more like six months, but now it sounds like from what Tarantino said in that interview that it won't be nearly that long.

See, I would have rather seen the whole thing at once, even if it is four hours long, then see half of it and wait half a year to see the rest. If the wait isn't so long, i think it's a great idea, I will just split it up into two matinees. And for all the people bitching about spending $9 a piece on the two separate movies, why are you paying that much? Go see a cheap matinee sometime (unless your in a big, big city and $9 is actually your cheap matinee and in that case you have my pity.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.