Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Infernal Affairs Trilogy Boxset

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Infernal Affairs Trilogy Boxset

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-04, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually, the original releases of the IA movies were all-region discs.
Old 12-09-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
All three movies are also available separately in non-region coded NTSC editions from Hong Kong that will play in any American DVD player. They sell for about $15 each. The shops in my local Chinatown have tons of them.
Old 12-10-04, 07:17 PM

HKFlix indicated a ship date of 12/16-17, rather than 12/10 as they initially indicated. . .
Old 12-10-04, 10:56 PM

i went to Pacific Mall, hoping to buy the INfernal Affairs but after looking at the insane price and the size of the set, I changed my mind. ended up buying the Matrix bos set instead and got a really good deal on it. ($50 flat...no tax added)
Old 12-11-04, 04:41 AM

just ordered my set from angolz.com

thanks Brain_F15ting for the info.
Old 12-11-04, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by tinlunlau
i went to Pacific Mall, hoping to buy the INfernal Affairs but after looking at the insane price and the size of the set, I changed my mind. ended up buying the Matrix bos set instead and got a really good deal on it. ($50 flat...no tax added)
hey, i live in toronto too...how much was it at pacific mall anyway? maybe i should have just bought it there instead of online...let me know asap, maybe i can still cancel my online order! thanks!
Old 12-12-04, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by royalwithcheese
hey, i live in toronto too...how much was it at pacific mall anyway? maybe i should have just bought it there instead of online...let me know asap, maybe i can still cancel my online order! thanks!

you mean, the infernal affairs trilogy?
it costs like $140 at cd-dog (in pacific mall) and you get that calendar and other stuff. the store owner told me that he can get your name engraved on it but it's going to have to be reserved and shipped separately. otherwise, you wouldn't be coming home with it right away.
Old 12-13-04, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by reggio@pacific.
just ordered my set from angolz.com

thanks Brain_F15ting for the info.
...sad to now that they dont do the engraving anymore..

here is the summary of my conversation with Angolz:

a, The product wil be sent once we got it from supplier. As we have
indicated that "Available in Mid-December" so it should be arrived soon.
b, Yes, Calendar and Poster will be included.
c, Sorry that the special engraving promotion was ended by the end of
November.

The product will be sent to you once it is arrived.

Thanks a lot for your business.

Angolz.com

----- Original Message -----

>> hi,
>>
>> greetings! pardon my impatience. i would just like to ask the following
>> questions and requests:
>>
>> a) when is this set shipping?
>> b) hope you can include the complete set including the calendar and
poster.
>> c) i am willing to wait for the engraving of my name. please place:

Old 12-13-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i remember seein' an ad of the boxset in yesasia but it's not up there right now....anyone have a link of this boxset in yesasia?
Old 12-13-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by animatedude
i remember seein' an ad of the boxset in yesasia but it's not up there right now....anyone have a link of this boxset in yesasia?
Ahem... Miramax? They only sell the R1 of the first film now... no boxset.
Old 12-13-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DrGerbil
Ahem... Miramax? They only sell the R1 of the first film now... no boxset.
what do u mean?..sorry but what miramax got to do with yesasia?
Old 12-13-04, 05:51 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone got a shipping notice from HKFlix yet??

animatedude: Miramax won't let 'em sell it, threatening legal action blah blah...that's why they don't carry any of the IA releases except the R1
Old 12-13-04, 09:38 PM

but what's miramax got to do with yesasia, do they own it? anyway, it WAS on yesasia.com, but not on the regular us.yesasia.com. it was only available on global.yesasia.com, which incidently doesn't ship to N America. Either way, it is no longer available, as the item was only available for preorder. guess they weren't confident in their ability to sell them, so they only took orders and didn't actually stock the boxset.

Oh, btw, have you guys seen the R1 cover for IA1? omg, it's soooooo lame!!! it has some girl (i think it's Elva Siu) holding a gun in a skimpy outfit...what the hell? what director's cut did the R1 releasers see where there's a girl with a gun in that blue trashy clothing?!?!?! ARGH!!!
Old 12-13-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

but what's miramax got to do with yesasia, do they own it?
Miramax owns the rights to IA and have the power to demand any company based in NA to take down any version that is not their own. I'm sure yesasia doesn't want to litigate this matter...
Old 12-14-04, 05:31 AM

Well I received my box from Sensasian and well what can I say....BURN IN HELL SENSASIAN....

The box was packed in a larger box with no bubble wrap or packing pellets so the box could move around (about 2-3cm each side)
Which caused heavy damage to the plastic IA box.
Chunks of it are broken off, parts are about to fall off, there are large cracks in the plastic surrounding the engraving plate and its about to fall off as it is a HUGE chunk thats cracked.

Also I did not get the 2005 calendar or promo posters and they say it’s random but I have email another e-store and they say every one comes with the 2005 calendar and promo posters.

And now the bad part sensasian will not do a thing about it they say its Ausposts fault for the damaged (anyone in there right mind with say its sensasians fault) I have sent them pictures of the set.
And also they are saying since I got it 10$ below cost price (due to there mistake) that I should not make a fuss (they did not literally say it but hinting towards that),
I got my Oldboy UEs $70.40 each WAY below the price they should be sold at and the store I got them from did not make a fuss about it as it was there mistake.

So to all I say avoid sensasian like the plague.
Old 12-14-04, 05:53 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Trueno
I got my Oldboy UEs $70.40 each WAY below the price they should be sold at and the store I got them from did not make a fuss about it as it was there mistake.

whoa, where from? did u order multiples?
Old 12-14-04, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I like sensasian for vcds and hard to find stuff - but I wouldn't have trusted them with elaborate box sets like this. It's hard for small stores to eat big losses like that.
Old 12-14-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but what's miramax got to do with yesasia, do they own it? anyway, it WAS on yesasia.com, but not on the regular us.yesasia.com. it was only available on global.yesasia.com!!!
Yes...received mine from YesAsia (global) about 4 days ago!..it was listed on the site as ONLY being available for Pre-order up until Dec 6th.
Mine was received extremely well packaged and everything in immaculate condition complete with 2 posters + calendar etc..and on top of that YesAsia even upgraded my delivery from Standard to Expess so received it the day after it shipped
Old 12-14-04, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by zatoichi
whoa, where from? did u order multiples?
I got 2 of them from KoreanDVDs with in 30mins after they put it on the site but I was lucky that price was only up for about 6 hours I think... and then they put it up by $15-$20 (and also the shipping went up too)

I ordered another Infernal Affairs Trilogy Boxset box from Angolz after seeing how well they packed it and also had a nice chat with one of there customer service reps and he assured me that it will come very well packed and will also come with the 2005 calendar and promo posters which will ship separately.

Tomorrow I will go down to the post office and try and get some compensation the package was insured so I should get something back..right?

And will also initiate a chargeback with my bank.

Last edited by Trueno; 12-14-04 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-14-04, 03:52 PM

I ordered from Layoyo.com beceause I read about them in this thread. Mine is still on 'waiting' in my order details. While people who ordered from CDWOW and other stores already received theirs. Are more people still waiting on shipment from Layoyo.com?
Old 12-14-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for those of you that got the posters, how do they look like?

i got my order from layoyo yesterday. it was well packed and arrived safely. the calendar arrived in a separate envelope. i only had a chance to open up the boxset (to check for damage) but did not open up the calendar yet. were the posters SUPPOSED to be in the package somewhere?

thanks.

i see the pics on the previous page, so i guess the posters come separate. but were they supposed to be included with my order, or are they simply seller incentives?

Last edited by darmok; 12-14-04 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 05:11 PM

Thanks for your reply Darmok. You already received your box as well. I am jealous! I think I will contact Layoyo about my order.
Old 12-14-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I contacted layoyo.com last week and they said that hopefully, in the weekend. Mine says it has a reservation of one which usually is a good sign with them.
Old 12-14-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm a fool. as i was about to cut up the packing box for recycling, i found (beneath all the newspaper stuffing) the mini-posters, rolled up in a clean little baggie. all in all, layoyo did a great job.

btw, i didn't get mine personalized; on the plaque it simply reads "Limited Edition for: Infernal Affairs Trilogy" or something like that, which is cool also.
Old 12-14-04, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darmok
btw, i didn't get mine personalized; on the plaque it simply reads "Limited Edition for: Infernal Affairs Trilogy" or something like that, which is cool also.
Actually, that is kind of sucky. If they had left it blank, you could take it to a trophy shop and get it engraved however you wanted for just a few bucks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.