Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-16, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Originally Posted by fumanstan
10 minute sneak peak here (stupid forum embed!) - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4...oke_shortfilms
Looks like Warner had them pull the content
Old 04-04-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 934 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Both of the DTVs have been surprisingly fun though.
I thought the first Batman Unlimited movie was decently watchable. The more recent one felt like an excuse to sell toys.
Old 04-05-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch, a not so glowing review

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Justic...142146/#Review
Old 04-05-16, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Any signs of a Target Exclusive Steelbook with the upcoming release of Justice League vs Teen Titans?
Yep, in next week's ad. $16.99 as always.
Old 04-05-16, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 2,074 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Both of the DTVs have been surprisingly fun though.
Oh, I agree completely. (I've reviewed both of 'em positively!) I meant that more to say that they're their own very separate thing.
Old 04-05-16, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you all are saying there's a good chance that the Killing Joke will come w a steelbook if you get it at target?
Old 04-06-16, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
So you all are saying there's a good chance that the Killing Joke will come w a steelbook if you get it at target?
Should be, I don't know why they would stop now. As far as I know, they haven't skipped a DC animated release since they started with The Dark Knight Returns back in 2013 (which is actually the only one I don't own since I bought the original releases separately).
Old 04-06-16, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also didn't realize that this is the 25th DC Universe Animated Original Movie. They are cranking those puppies out.
Old 04-12-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Almost forgot to run to Target this morning for the steelbook.

Fortunately, there were still 3 on the shelf, so my streak of acquiring them continues.
Old 04-12-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And the fun begins. Nothing at the first store I went to this morning. I have one more I'll try on the way home.
Old 04-12-16, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 7,041 Likes on 4,773 Posts

I took no chances this time. Went to Target yesterday afternoon and confirmed the store actually had three in stock and ready to put out (helpful guy who worked there went in the back to check for me. He said inventory showed 8, but he found only 3). They actually put one aside for me, but I was the first person in the store anyways. Glad I got it. Nice looking Steelbook cover.
Old 04-12-16, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The first store I visited had zero steelbooks, the second store had three copies left.
Old 04-12-16, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Ugh with the stupid target exclusives. Had a guy "run-walk" right in front of me to grab the last copy this morning. Guess I'll wait once again for a deep discount. At this point I've missed so many steelbooks I don't think I'll bother with the next few.
Old 04-12-16, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second store I went to had two copies. Still a pain in the ass though.
Old 04-12-16, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,509 Likes on 2,233 Posts

Lucked out. First store I hit had 4 copies. I snagged one.

The thought went through my head to grab the other three but I refuse to be that guy!
Old 04-13-16, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp, my 11 mos son broke out with hoof and mouth yesterday, no joke. He had a sore throat last week, and so did I actually...(but it doesn't break out on adults like kids so I'm told so I'm safe) and then the splotch attack took over. Anyway, long story short, the only time I got to look in a Target was last night at about 9:00pm when I was waiting on a prescription at the Walgreens. Suffice to say, zero copies unless I wanted the regular or deluxe version. No steelie for me.

So at this point while I do still want it, I guess I'll have to explore other options as in getting it from Amazon France/Germany (July is the release date *cringe* which means I won't get it until August), Ebay (*double cringe*) or patrol the used stores here for the next month or so which is unreliable at best.

If anybody happened to pick up an extra copy, I would really appreciate it.
Old 04-13-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 7,041 Likes on 4,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Welp, my 11 mos son broke out with hoof and mouth yesterday, no joke. He had a sore throat last week, and so did I actually...(but it doesn't break out on adults like kids so I'm told so I'm safe) and then the splotch attack took over.
Speaking as the only Pediatrician on this forum I'm fairly confident that children don't get hoof and mouth disease since that's a disease of cattle and, well, kids don't have hooves. Probably he has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, a common Summertime illness of children which is caused by Coxsackie virus and can cause ulcerations in the oral mucosa, red spots on the buttocks and extremities and blisters on the palms and soles. It is a benign self-limited illness with fevers and discomfort that can last three days, sores in the mouth that can persist for a week and blisters that can linger for about 10 days. It requires no medicine besides symptomatic treatment with Tylenol or Motrin and aggressive hydration.
The More You Know.....
Old 04-13-16, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Speaking as the only Pediatrician on this forum I'm fairly confident that children don't get hoof and mouth disease since that's a disease of cattle and, well, kids don't have hooves. Probably he has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, a common Summertime illness of children which is caused by Coxsackie virus and can cause ulcerations in the oral mucosa, red spots on the buttocks and extremities and blisters on the palms and soles. It is a benign self-limited illness with fevers and discomfort that can last three days, sores in the mouth that can persist for a week and blisters that can linger for about 10 days. It requires no medicine besides symptomatic treatment with Tylenol or Motrin and aggressive hydration.
The More You Know.....
Thank you Dr. Decker , you are right, I was just typing this fast before a meeting I had. Suffice to say we will be spending a lot of time with the little one for the rest of week. Splitting sick time with child when both parents have jobs is no fun for sure.
Old 04-13-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I think the more important question is who here has an extra copy for Mr. Kedrix?

It won't be me since my store was out as well, didn't even see a shelf tag for it at all?
Old 04-13-16, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze SubZero
Batman vs Dracula

The above are the only three not in HD? Any chance they will be?
Old 04-13-16, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 2,074 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
The above are the only three not in HD?
Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo and JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time are on that list too.

No word on any of those making their way to Blu-ray. If they did, I'm assuming they'd be Warner Archive releases.
Old 04-13-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Batman vs Dracula

Batman vs Dracula definitely exists in HD, it is sold on VUDU at that resolution. It looks acceptable, though it was done very cheaply when HD animation was still fairly rough. Given the cheap direct-to-video nature of Batman vs Dracula's animation, I'm not sure Warner is itching to release it on Blu-ray. The video quality resides in that twilight realm between SD and true HD.
Old 04-13-16, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
No word on any of those making their way to Blu-ray. If they did, I'm assuming they'd be Warner Archive releases.
I'd think there would definitely be enough interest in Mask of the Phantasm for an Archive release. Perhaps they'll unload it around the release of Killing Joke.

DC blogged about the film two years ago: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/02...ength-phantasm
Old 04-13-16, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

People keep asking about it but Warner has said elsewhere the extant elements for Mask of the Phantasm are in terrible shape. I think it has become somewhat overrated by nostalgic fans that grew up on Batman: The Animated Series.

Speaking of current releases, Justice League vs. Teen Titans is a lot of fun and nearly feels like a grown-up version of Cartoon Network's Teen Titans. It is more of a Teen Titans and Damian Wayne Robin story, but the Justice League plays a big part in the endgame.
Old 04-13-16, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,227 Likes on 955 Posts

Batman vs Dracula

I really can't believe that WB hasn't at least released Mask of the Phantasm on Blu-ray yet. Even if they did it as part of the Warner Archives Collection I'd be okay with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.