Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Old 03-03-16, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Unlimit...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And just a heads up, this isn't linked to the animated movies (and I didn't think it was very good when I saw it with my kids either)
Old 03-03-16, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Bad Blood's problem is that Batman is a side character in most of the story. It's really a story about Batwoman and Nightwing.

I'll warn people away from LEGO DC Justice League: Cosmic Clash unless they have very young children. I loved the prior DC LEGO movie, Justice League: Attack of The Legion of Doom. It was cute and had humor aimed at adults as well as children. Cosmic Clash doesn't have one gag or joke aimed at anyone over the age of six.

The crux of the story revolves around Superman playing hide-and-go-seek, I kid you not. It does include a cameo from the Legion of Superheroes, but even that is wasted for the most part.
Old 03-03-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't think LEGO Justice League vs. Bizarro League was very good either. DC Super Heroes Unite & Attack of The Legion of Doom are really good though.
Old 03-04-16, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

But it not only includes Lego LoSH, it's the only way to get a Cosmic Boy minifig. Somehow I didn't even realize it was included until I happened to see the movie at Costco.
Old 03-04-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
But it not only includes Lego LoSH, it's the only way to get a Cosmic Boy minifig. Somehow I didn't even realize it was included until I happened to see the movie at Costco.
They've gotten so lazy you have to assemble the figure yourself after opening the package.
Old 03-04-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yep I've said that multiple times in here. O'Mara is awful as Bruce/Batman. Really not sure why he continues to be used.
They've used him for the Batman proper and Justice League movies too. I don't get it. I know I'm hung up on Conroy, but really, O'Mara just does nothing for me. They need somebody better.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
The kids and I just watched The Flashpoint Paradox last night. I thought it was a lot better the second time around.
How the fuck that got a PG-13 rating I will never know.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Unlimit...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And just a heads up, this isn't linked to the animated movies (and I didn't think it was very good when I saw it with my kids either)
Really? I liked the two Batman Unlimited ones. In comparison to the gratuitously "adult" content of late, I liked them being lighthearted romps. I actually had fun with them.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Bad Blood's problem is that Batman is a side character in most of the story. It's really a story about Batwoman and Nightwing.
That's by no means a bad thing. The execution leaves a lot to be desired though.
Old 03-04-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not a big fan of any of the new 52 continuation stuff that they have been doing, though I do look forward to watching them every few months. They certainly have been making more lately. The one-offs tend to be very well done. The Killing Joke is the one that most fans have wanted for a very long time and I'm very optimistic about it.

I have all of the WB DC slipcovers so the Lego BDs never seem to have a slipcover in the limited figure box. I can't even find them with a slip in store. I always buy them off Ebay. What a PITA.
Old 03-04-16, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

They've gotten so lazy you have to assemble the figure yourself after opening the package.
I think they were originally intending it to be a polybag sold at stores. It was shown late last year and most were expecting it to be sold like other polybag figures, maybe even a Lego shop exclusive like MM, which is why I was surprised t was included with this release.

Anecdotally it seemed to work, I just went to Target today and they were wiped out besides a torn open package, and they still have stock of the last Lego Blu exclusive with Toyman or whoever.

Last edited by fujishig; 03-05-16 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-04-16, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
They've used him for the Batman proper and Justice League movies too. I don't get it. I know I'm hung up on Conroy, but really, O'Mara just does nothing for me. They need somebody better.
Greenwood is still my choice for the voice of Batman if its not Conroy. He voiced him in Under the Red Hood as well as on Young Justice.
Old 03-07-16, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mike86
Greenwood is still my choice for the voice of Batman if its not Conroy. He voiced him in Under the Red Hood as well as on Young Justice.
Absolutely. Like Conroy, he has that bass-y gravitas and smoky sense of authority. Too many people trying to do a "Batman voice" just drop it an octave and try to sound menacing.
Old 03-29-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Any signs of a Target Exclusive Steelbook with the upcoming release of Justice League vs Teen Titans?
Old 03-29-16, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ This sounds like a reworked version of this issue of Teen Titans.

Old 03-29-16, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Any signs of a Target Exclusive Steelbook with the upcoming release of Justice League vs Teen Titans?
If it's going to be like Bad Blood there will likely never be anything official at Target's site. But they had them in stores on day 1. That was true for the release before Bad Blood as well.
Old 03-29-16, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
If it's going to be like Bad Blood there will likely never be anything official at Target's site. But they had them in stores on day 1. That was true for the release before Bad Blood as well.
Somehow we knew ahead of time that Bad Blood had a Target Steelbook. Maybe it was in the ad?
Old 03-29-16, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Somehow we knew ahead of time that Bad Blood had a Target Steelbook. Maybe it was in the ad?
"Knew" ahead of time is going to be who and what site each person trusts. The key difference is they used to be listed long before release date on their site. I even pre-ordered some in the past.

Personally I'm going to assume there will be one, in the typical short supply, until Target skips doing steelbooks for a couple of these DC animated releases. What are they up to... 8-10 in a row now? I would count mine, but I know I missed the first couple.
Old 03-29-16, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it might have been someone on Blu-ray.com had posted the Target ad which listed it.
Old 03-29-16, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
"Knew" ahead of time is going to be who and what site each person trusts. The key difference is they used to be listed long before release date on their site. I even pre-ordered some in the past.

Personally I'm going to assume there will be one, in the typical short supply, until Target skips doing steelbooks for a couple of these DC animated releases. What are they up to... 8-10 in a row now? I would count mine, but I know I missed the first couple.
Well, they didn't do that Monster Mayhem one, right? Does that not count since it's kiddie? Is this title also kind of kiddie?
Old 03-29-16, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, they didn't do that Monster Mayhem one, right? Does that not count since it's kiddie? Is this title also kind of kiddie?
Was that released by the exact same group as Bad Blood, Throne of Atlantis, Dark Knight Returns, etc?
Old 03-29-16, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Batman Unlimited is its own thing. Beyond the whole target demographic thing, it's a straight-up toy tie-in.
Old 04-03-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 04-03-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

10 minute sneak peak here (stupid forum embed!) - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4...oke_shortfilms
Old 04-03-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It looks like they did a pretty good job of capturing Brian Bolland's character design for the Joker.

Now they should do a Camelot 3000 mini-series in that cartoon style.
Old 04-03-16, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At least DC's animated stuff doesn't usually disappoint me. I don't love all the films they've done but most at least have some redeeming qualities and The Killing Joke looks great.
Old 04-03-16, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Now they should do a Camelot 3000 mini-series in that cartoon style.
Old 04-04-16, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still cannot figure out the new embedding.

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Batman Unlimited is its own thing. Beyond the whole target demographic thing, it's a straight-up toy tie-in.
Both of the DTVs have been surprisingly fun though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.