Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-16, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Okay. I will run by there this evening and see if they have some and pick up any I can find. No promises but I will check.
Old 02-02-16, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Success!

Went back to my regular Target at lunch time and found it there. The same thing as Gods and Monsters -- they only put the Steelbooks out after lunch time. Not sure why, it might only be in that day's deliveries. In any case, glad I was able to track it down.

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Spiderbite: I know Decker was first, but if there is more than one copy of the steelie...I will gladly go this route as well.
You can have firsties now. Good luck. And you might want to swing on back by on the way home.
Old 02-02-16, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No luck at my Target which ALWAYS has copies. Weird.

Anyway, I spoke with a Target guy there from that department and he said that several people had called there looking for them today and they told him not one Target in the city and surrounding areas (and we all have several Targets) got a single steelbook in.

The Target guy said that he thinks they always have distribution problems with these steelbooks but didn't know why.

So, sorry guys. I just knew that if I offered to go by there this one time then they wouldn't have them when they always do. I wouldn't be surprised though if some showed up later tomorrow and in aother day or two. If I find any, I will post back here.

But in other news, they had plenty of the Mondo steelbooks for Highlander and Reservoir Dogs. Why do they suck so bad at the DC steelbooks?
Old 02-02-16, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Success!

Went back to my regular Target at lunch time and found it there. The same thing as Gods and Monsters -- they only put the Steelbooks out after lunch time. Not sure why, it might only be in that day's deliveries. In any case, glad I was able to track it down.

You can have firsties now. Good luck. And you might want to swing on back by on the way home.
Glad you got a copy . Wish I could swing on back on the way home but unfortunately I have a little thing called a car pool with my wifey and kid. Extra trips (unless its for baby) are usually not made, especially for daddy and his "toys" lol Oh well, guess I will figure out something. Thanks for checking Spider
Old 02-02-16, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turns out my streak isn't over as well. I checked a second store on my way home from work and behind all the normal copies, at the back of the store, was one sole steellbook.

Hopefully people checking the stock at their stores are looking through every copy to make sure there isn't one hiding in between the others. Since these don't have a unique code in their system they are simply randomly mixed in with the other stock. Based on the woman at our local store that talked to my wife this morning, they come that way in the shipments as well. Steelbooks are randomly placed within all the regular copies in the shipping boxes. The store clerk commented she knew how many they received (5) because they were harder to get in their little plastic jails.

Also the previous post about B&M's not carrying the deluxe version with the figure are wrong. The Target I stopped by on my way home had 4 copies of the deluxe priced at $24.99. But all 4 didn't have the steelbook (I checked, all had shiny slipcovers clearly showing). Some copies of the God and Monsters deluxe did have the steelbook within them at Target.
Old 02-02-16, 06:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

found one in another location after striking out in am. too hard for these. not worth it imo...
Old 02-02-16, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

The big issue that I have with Target not getting these steenboks is that they were promoted heavily by just having them in their ad. If they have something like this on their weekly ad, then they better had them in-stock, at least during the release day.
Old 02-02-16, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Red Hood
The big issue that I have with Target not getting these steenboks is that they were promoted heavily by just having them in their ad. If they have something like this on their weekly ad, then they better had them in-stock, at least upon store opening on the release day.
fixed
Old 02-02-16, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts

They always have them in their ad, and they're always out by morning, at least around here. If nothing else, the toy scalpers can just add them to their pick list when they make their rounds.

Although these drop in price relatively quickly (I think Gods and Monsters was much cheaper within a couple of weeks) so if I miss out on the steelbook (like this morning), screw them, I'll wait.
Old 02-02-16, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Checked the two Targets nearest me this morning. Neither had a steelbook in stock. We just got 15" of snow last night so I wasn't about to traipse all over town looking for this thing, fuck it.
Old 02-02-16, 09:31 PM

Alright, Target #3 near my house finally had a couple of copies. Thanks to you guys it gave me the confidence to check one more Target after I put my kid to bed
Old 02-02-16, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had to drive about 25 mins, but I got one!
Old 02-03-16, 12:24 AM

Alright, Target #3 near my house finally had a couple of copies. Thanks to you guys it gave me the confidence to check one more Target after I put my kid to bed
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Had to drive about 25 mins, but I got one!

But it shouldn't be this hard to track a copy down on the release date. It's a store-exclusive Steelbook, not a goddam Golden Ticket!
Old 02-03-16, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I got the steelbook, it was easy this time. The store had three minty copies.
Old 02-03-16, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Decker

But it shouldn't be this hard to track a copy down on the release date. It's a store-exclusive Steelbook, not a goddam Golden Ticket!
Agreed, but Target is absolutely horrible (on average) with DC Animated Steelbooks and I have no idea why. If the demand isn't there (but it clearly is), then why produce them at all? If people are having problems finding them, make them more accessible. Nope...we go through this same song and dance every 4-6 months. Next time will be the Killing Joke (unless there is a Justice League animated one in between but I sometimes skip JLs).

On the plus side, this is the first time I've visited Target #3 since I just moved to this area. I liked it...it wasn't packed, it didn't smell funny, and I got Empire Records on blu for $5 as well as a Funko Daredevil T-Shirt that was apparently some kind of exclusive. So for all of the grief of the two horrible Targets near my work, this one is kinda nice.
Old 02-03-16, 09:41 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

No luck on the exclusive at my Best Buy.
Old 02-03-16, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Next time will be the Killing Joke (unless there is a Justice League animated one in between but I sometimes skip JLs).
Look forward to doing this again on April 12th

Old 02-03-16, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Did you ask somebody about them? A few times I have only scored previous Target exclusives by asking where they were. After a couple minute of waiting he/she comes out from the back room with the exclusive copies they had not put out yet.
I didn't. But I managed to find one at a different store last night.
Old 02-03-16, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Agreed, but Target is absolutely horrible (on average) with DC Animated Steelbooks and I have no idea why. If the demand isn't there (but it clearly is), then why produce them at all? If people are having problems finding them, make them more accessible. Nope...we go through this same song and dance every 4-6 months. Next time will be the Killing Joke (unless there is a Justice League animated one in between but I sometimes skip JLs).

On the plus side, this is the first time I've visited Target #3 since I just moved to this area. I liked it...it wasn't packed, it didn't smell funny, and I got Empire Records on blu for $5 as well as a Funko Daredevil T-Shirt that was apparently some kind of exclusive. So for all of the grief of the two horrible Targets near my work, this one is kinda nice.
It's not just DC Animated Steelbooks, for example the Big Hero Six exclusive Steelbook was also a pain to get.
Old 02-03-16, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Look forward to doing this again on April 12th

Justice League vs Teen Titans OR High School Musical 4: The Teen Titan Years
*cry*. Teen Titans (minus the horrible GO! cartoons) is a must have for me because of Robin and actually the wife too because of Raven. Long story short, when we were just friends, I gave her half of a 2 action figure pack, or the Raven figure (the other was the Flash). She's kept it FOREVER (and hardly keeps any other collectible)....it sits on top of our living room television. Suffice to say, she would love a fairly serious (even animated) flic with that character.

So yep...steelbook away on that one.
Old 02-03-16, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
It's not just DC Animated Steelbooks, for example the Big Hero Six exclusive Steelbook was also a pain to get.
Ahh, but on average it does seem to be much easier. I still saw Straight Outta Compton steelbooks at my Target last night. When they released the X-Men: Days of Future Past Steelbook, there was PLENTY of copies....I mean like a couple of dozen. I can't speak directly to Big Hero, but on average, it seems like they at least try to keep up with demand on other titles.
Old 02-03-16, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

They made a cute direct-to-video Teen Titans movie where they visited Japan.
Old 02-03-16, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They made a cute direct-to-video Teen Titans movie where they visited Japan.
Yeah, I have that one upstairs:

Just got my discs (since we have a house now) unpacked from storage the other day. I'll have to show her that one as well, thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-03-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

*cry*. Teen Titans (minus the horrible GO! cartoons)
Horrible? Seriously?

My son watches it every morning and my wife and I get sucked it to watch it as well. GO! is hilarious.
Old 02-03-16, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Horrible? Seriously?

My son watches it every morning and my wife and I get sucked it to watch it as well. GO! is hilarious.
I wish I could say GO! is hilarious (to me anyway)...I've watched at least a dozen episodes with my 9 year old nephew. The childish humor borders on "toilet humor" and trying to make some sense of each episode is an activity in complete frustration. I guess I just want to see a point or story arc from episode to episode and it all seems like one bad joke after another.

I guess cause I know the old Teen Titans cartoons so well, that's what I keep comparing them to. I know the Teen Titans should be corny, but it feels like GO! goes WAY over the top and then once it gets there it does it all over again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.