Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Old 01-29-16, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,149 Likes on 899 Posts
re: DC Animated Universe Films

I only have the Gods and Monsters Steelbook but I may try to get the one for Bad Blood too. Luckily for me my Target typically doesn't sell out of exclusives too fast so I shouldn't have a problem getting one.
Old 01-29-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Last one they didn't put out ANY Steelbooks in the morning, but I found one later in the day.
At least twice my wife has beat them to the punch and they had to retrieve them from the back for her. So far we have always scored the ones we wanted by showing up before 9:00 am.
Old 01-29-16, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,874 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Why retire it? Is he just tired of doing it?
I think the 'retirement' might've just been so the reprisal in Arkham Knight would've come as more of a surprise. He's voicing Joker in Justice League Action too.
Old 01-29-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts

If a regular here really wants a steelbook and doesn't find one, let me know and I will check my local Target which is one of the largest. I have always found the steelbooks there for the first few days they are on sale (I just don't buy them as I usually wait for a cheaper price).

But I can check and just charge shipping and maybe a couple of extra bucks for the time. Now that I said this, watch them not have any this time. But I know it is important to some of you and it is frustrating when you can't find one.
Old 01-30-16, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

He's back!!! Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman in the upcoming Justice League series on Cartoon Network.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-+Live+Feed%29
Old 01-30-16, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly I don't understand why Warner/DC haven't been using him for more of these direct to video films. I can't imagine it's because he turned them down. If it was a scheduling conflict I would think they could try to work around it so that he could record when he had the time. It seems like they've been really trying to make O'Mara happen. Not sure if they think he's going to be the definitive New 52 Batman or what (although New 52 isn't going to matter soon after the relaunch).
Old 01-30-16, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

I would wager it was over money.
Old 01-30-16, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't have Batman Vs. Robin yet and was able to snag a copy of the Target Steelbook version from eBay for less than the price Amazon is charging. Sort of wish I had the one for Son of Batman too since these last couple and Bad Blood are tied together but I don't want to rebuy it as I didn't like it very much plus its pretty spendy.
Old 01-31-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been reading mixed things on Bad Blood so hopefully it's not a total dud. I'll probably marathon Son of Batman, Batman Vs. Robin, and Batman: Bad Blood since I haven't seen the last two and only watched Son of Batman once way back when it first released.
Old 02-01-16, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
He's back!!! Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman in the upcoming Justice League series on Cartoon Network.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-+Live+Feed%29
Jeez, 11 minute episodes. Is that the attention span of their average viewer now
Old 02-01-16, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Does anyone know the size of the trade included with the Best Buy exclusive? Is it a mini-comic or the already released trade of Battle for the Cowl?
Old 02-02-16, 07:51 AM
Banned

Went to my local Target as soon as they opened and they only had 4 copies of the Steelbook, none of the one with the Nightwing figure and everything else was the regular version. At Wal-Mart, they only had the regular version and none of the action figure one. I'm stopping at Best Buy later today so I can get the one with the figure since it seems that it's only them and Amazon that are carrying it.
Old 02-02-16, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I've been reading mixed things on Bad Blood so hopefully it's not a total dud. I'll probably marathon Son of Batman, Batman Vs. Robin, and Batman: Bad Blood since I haven't seen the last two and only watched Son of Batman once way back when it first released.
Can you watch any of these or any of the DC films in no particular order? Just wondering since I just picked up a few Batman ones and just wanted to check.
Old 02-02-16, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Went to my local Target as soon as they opened and they only had 4 copies of the Steelbook, none of the one with the Nightwing figure and everything else was the regular version. At Wal-Mart, they only had the regular version and none of the action figure one. I'm stopping at Best Buy later today so I can get the one with the figure since it seems that it's only them and Amazon that are carrying it.

The Target website has a listing for the version with the figure, so that is another option. Not sure why your store didn't have any in stock.
Old 02-02-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quack
Can you watch any of these or any of the DC films in no particular order? Just wondering since I just picked up a few Batman ones and just wanted to check.
I think for the most part you can. I know that some of the newer ones are somewhat tied together. I believe the three Batman films I mentioned follow each other and the events Justice League: War are followed by Justice League: Throne of Atlantis.
Old 02-02-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts

No steelbooks to be found at the Target here and I was the only one there at opening looking for them. Guess I'm done collecting these.
Old 02-02-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
No steelbooks to be found at the Target here and I was the only one there at opening looking for them. Guess I'm done collecting these.
Did you ask somebody about them? A few times I have only scored previous Target exclusives by asking where they were. After a couple minute of waiting he/she comes out from the back room with the exclusive copies they had not put out yet.
Old 02-02-16, 09:42 AM
Banned

Went to Best Buy and picked up the exclusive set with the figure and the hardcover trade. They only had 4 of these, 2 of them damaged and none of the regular sets with the figure and no trade. The figure is the size of the previous Best Buy exclusives, like the Reverse Flash and Harley Quinn. These Best Buy exclusives are numbered at the bottom of the box. Mine is 47780/62515.

It seems that none of the B&M retailers are carrying the set with the action figure (other than BB with their exclusive), so the best way to get this set is going online to Target.com, BestBuy.com or Amazon.com.

Also, the Hardcover trade of the Battle for the Cowl is the size of a mini-comic. It fits inside the box and it's pretty neat except that it's hard to read due to being so small. Still, it's a nice collectible.
Old 02-02-16, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did it have a slipcover? Some of the boxed versions in the past do and some don't.
Old 02-02-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,150 Likes on 4,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
None at my local store at opening. I asked them to check in the back as well. Went to another Target 5 mi away. None there either. Both got like 2 copies of the Blu, Collector's figure and DVD version. That's it.
I'm so pissed.
Spiderbite, if that offer still stands to buy and ship me one, I'll take you up on it.
Old 02-02-16, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I hit up one first thing this morning and no dice either. I'll try hitting up one more on the way home from work tonight. Checking other forums most are having the same problem, and only one person actually posted a pic, so at least it exists.

Spoiler:
Old 02-02-16, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Did it have a slipcover? Some of the boxed versions in the past do and some don't.
Yes, it has a slipcover. They also did a shrink-wrap around the whole box instead of putting those annoying rounded stickers to open the box.

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Yeah, I hit up one first thing this morning and no dice either. I'll try hitting up one more on the way home from work tonight. Checking other forums most are having the same problem, and only one person actually posted a pic, so at least it exists.

Spoiler:
I picked the steelbook at Target and saw 3 others, so I know they exist. The thing is that if they sent 4 per store, I wouldn't be surprised that employees took them, especially if the know they can get twice the money on the secondary market.
Old 02-02-16, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,150 Likes on 4,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood

I picked the steelbook at Target and saw 3 others, so I know they exist. The thing is that if they sent 4 per store, I wouldn't be surprised that employees took them, especially if the know they can get twice the money on the secondary market.
I really don't think so. They really had no idea what I was talking about. I had to show them the Minions Steelbook before they had any idea what a Steelbook even was. They're not that good actors.
Old 02-02-16, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well my streak is over. By the time my wife got to our store there were not any steelbooks left. She asked and was told if that there was none still on the shelf they had sold the 5 copies they received

Would love to trade with any body that scores extras.
Old 02-02-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two Targets, no steelies of Bad Blood *sigh*, afraid my streak might be over as well. One didn't even have regular copies, the other just had the usual blu/dvd combinations. The last time this happened was Assault on Arkham and it took me 6 months before I spotted a copy at a used shop and paid $25 for it. *grumble*

Spiderbite: I know Decker was first, but if there is more than one copy of the steelie...I will gladly go this route as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.