Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Man Of Steel

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Man Of Steel

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-13, 11:11 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Man Of Steel

What? I never saw any consistency with the Maximum Movie Mode. Just the ones mentioned along with Terminator Salvation on Warner titles. It definitely wasn't a common feature, and I doubt it's lack of it on the Superman set is due to the so called death of physical media. I'd anticipate it as more of a preemptive move for the inevitable double dip.
Old 09-21-13, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
What? I never saw any consistency with the Maximum Movie Mode. Just the ones mentioned along with Terminator Salvation on Warner titles. It definitely wasn't a common feature, and I doubt it's lack of it on the Superman set is due to the so called death of physical media. I'd anticipate it as more of a preemptive move for the inevitable double dip.
I just meant that it appears that less extras are show up on BR these days, at least from what I'm seeing with these major mainstream releases.
Old 09-21-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Well at least release prices are dropping fast and low as well. I'd accept less special features if I still get excellent AQ and PQ at a reasonable price. Downloads don't offer that, as far as I'm concerned. The actual $ amount might be relatively low but I've not been remotely impressed by the video quality of downloadable media. And, as far as I know, lossless audio would be out of the question in such a scenario.
Old 09-21-13, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Man of Steel Lenticular DigiBook - $24.99

X-Ray Vision” (EC) –30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel
• Destruction of Krypton
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitude
• Battle on the streets of Smallville
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Superman
• Attack on Metropolis

BD Book – Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman
• Offers an intimate look at the reinvention of the world’s most iconic superhero through the eyes of acclaimed director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy). This unique companion book offers a rich selection of materials, from concept art and behind-the-scenes set photography to director commentary and interviews with key creative's, unlocking the secrets behind giving new life to an immortal hero.

Target
Spoiler:
Old 09-21-13, 12:57 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Watchmen and Sucker Punch both got director's cuts as well, and Man of Steel so far has not.
Old 09-21-13, 01:24 AM
Banned

My favorite cover is the 2-disc DVD version, but I'll probably be making my own design anyway.
Old 09-21-13, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Watchmen and Sucker Punch both got director's cuts as well, and Man of Steel so far has not.
Perhaps a double dip is in this movie's future?
Old 09-21-13, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Man of Steel DigiBook - $24.99

X-Ray Vision” (EC) –30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel
• Destruction of Krypton
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitude
• Battle on the streets of Smallville
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Superman
• Attack on Metropolis

BD Book – Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman
• Offers an intimate look at the reinvention of the world’s most iconic superhero through the eyes of acclaimed director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy). This unique companion book offers a rich selection of materials, from concept art and behind-the-scenes set photography to director commentary and interviews with key creative's, unlocking the secrets behind giving new life to an immortal hero.

Target
any word if any of this is on a disc or is this streaming shit?
Old 09-21-13, 07:22 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Perhaps a double dip is in this movie's future?
Maybe. Maybe not. Only Snyder film not to get a DC was 300 and that Owl movie, I think. So I guess those 2 were released as his cut, I dunno.

Though 300 did later get that jam packed Digibook. It'd make sense in the financial to do another BD. Not sure how WB is lately though with their current franchises in the format. Seems like they're mostly one and done.
Old 09-21-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Haven't seen it yet, what needs to be changed for a DC? Minor spoilers Ok.
Old 09-21-13, 11:05 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

The whole movie.
Old 09-21-13, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
The film no matter what will be flawed. I'd blame the script. What's there that is flawed at times can be remedied if further fleshed out but some bits can't be fixed. It's a lot of little things...which is a big thing.

I do hope Snyder loses the color grading form that MoS had. It sucked the life out of everything when it got to neutral colors. Grays were horrendous and whatnot. WB better not do that shit to JL. They need color.
Old 09-22-13, 11:56 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For one thing, they could make Perry White have a reason to be in the movie.
Old 09-23-13, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I like the cover art for that digibook, but its a digibook so no thanks.Planning to get the steelbook from Wal-Mart.
Old 09-23-13, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Could stand to be a bit shorter.
Old 09-23-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

has it been confirmed that Walmart will be getting a Steelbook?, because I was there yesterday and the pre-order holder wasn't for a steelbook. It was a metallic/magnetic type of card that u got that matched the picture posted before, no mention of steelbook.

just like it was first mentioned that Target would get a digi-book for Star Trek Into Darkness, and by just checking the link months ago I could tell it wasn't a digibook, but people kept mentioning Digi-book.
Old 09-23-13, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
has it been confirmed that Walmart will be getting a Steelbook?, because I was there yesterday and the pre-order holder wasn't for a steelbook. It was a metallic/magnetic type of card that u got that matched the picture posted before, no mention of steelbook.

just like it was first mentioned that Target would get a digi-book for Star Trek Into Darkness, and by just checking the link months ago I could tell it wasn't a digibook, but people kept mentioning Digi-book.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Man-Of-Ste...creen/28417224
Old 09-23-13, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

This is what I saw a Walmart
as posted http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11807279-post56.html
Old 09-23-13, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
This is what I saw a Walmart
as posted http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11807279-post56.html
Wal-mart.com might be just using the regular Blu-ray/DVD combo pack picture as a placeholder or it might be the actual coverart. There's no indication that the picture on the pre-order card is the actual picture that's going to be used on the steelbook. We won't know until we get closer to the release date.
Old 09-24-13, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's also confirmed over at bluray.com that WalMart will be getting the Steelbook and Target will be getting the DigiBook. The Steelbook is 2D only while the DigiBook will also include the 3D version.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/75651/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/85537/
Old 09-24-13, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2D version is also a Target digibook per the pic on the website listing.
Old 09-24-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, you are right, looks like DigiBook is available in both 2D and 3D versions. So just the Steelbook is 2D only (at least for the time being)

Old 09-24-13, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
The film no matter what will be flawed. I'd blame the script. What's there that is flawed at times can be remedied if further fleshed out but some bits can't be fixed.
I think its more the direction...extended action sequences, muddled flashbacks, that damned steadycam use throughout. I bet you another director could take the same script/story and piece together a more entertaining film.
Old 11-08-13, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Ah, you are right, looks like DigiBook is available in both 2D and 3D versions. So just the Steelbook is 2D only (at least for the time being)

has there been any confirmation if the bonus footage on the Target release is on a disc or via streaming? Will prob go for the steelbook unless the bonus stuff is on disc
Old 11-08-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It's also confirmed over at bluray.com that WalMart will be getting the Steelbook and Target will be getting the DigiBook. The Steelbook is 2D only while the DigiBook will also include the 3D version.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/75651/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/85537/
Blu-ray.com lists a Target-exclusive 3D digibook but it doesn't look like it actually exists.

So if you want 3D you can either buy the regular 3D edition or the goofy deluxe 3D, neither of which is exclusive. Then the Target and Wal-Mart exclusives are 2D-only and have their own gimmicky packaging and exclusive extras. So if you want a complete 3D set w/ all extras you need to buy 3 copies.

I'm a sane person so I'm planning on buying the regular 3D edition only.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.