Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 09:15 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Friday The 13th BR Box Set in the works.

And I'm guessing that new doc Crystal Lake Memories won't be part of this set as it's independently produced?
Old 06-04-13, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Were they on the special edition DVDs? If not, I wouldn't expect them.

I don't expect Paramount to produce bonus material on catalog titles, especially as Warner is now distributing most of their library. Warner has always been very consistent about including all past bonus materials on their releases. At the very least, I would expect all of the bonus material from the 2004 From Crystal Lake To Manhattan set in addition to the deluxe edition releases from 2009. Just look at the Nightmare on Elm Street box set collection as a good example of this. All of the bonus materials from the original 1999 New Line Platinum Series boxset, the 2006 Infinfilm release, and newly created bonus material were included in the set.
There were some deleted scenes on the DVDs, but I think there are still some infamous scenes which were cut for rating reasons, which are apparently long sought-after by fans. Did the NOES Blu-Ray include the original mono track?

I've actually seen a few bits of the F13 movies on AMC, it's kind of perversely hilarious to watch slasher movies edited for television.
Old 06-04-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Paramount had planned to release 4, 5, 6 on Blu-ray but canceled at the last minute (when they announced 7 and 8 on DVD). IIRC, all the work is done for 1-8, including special features. So it should be a pretty nice release.
I know the guys who worked on those DVDs and they actually produced even more extras that Paramount didn't want to bother putting on the discs. So there is a slight possibility WB gets access to some of that material.
Old 06-05-13, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I know the guys who worked on those DVDs and they actually produced even more extras that Paramount didn't want to bother putting on the disc.
Such as?
Old 06-06-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, geez... I'm wracking my brain here. I think there was some funny bit they did with extra Crispin Glover footage from Final Chapter that got rejected. There were other featurettes, too. Nothing major, I don't think, but fun stuff fans would have enjoyed.
Old 06-07-13, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I am so excited for this to be announced. It's my favorite horror franchise. Ideal things I want from this:

-ALL TEN films
-All previous special features combined onto this set
-Commentary on part 2
-Blu-Ray 3D for part 3 (I know this is a pipe dream, but I would love to see it)

I'm sure these are the things that most people want as well!
Old 06-07-13, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I don't know, Warner has released some older films on Blu-ray 3D before. I wonder if Friday the 13th Part 3 would be different though since it's not their film and they're just controlling it's distribution. It would be cool if they were to give it that treatment though.
Old 06-07-13, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I don't know, Warner has released some older films on Blu-ray 3D before. I wonder if Friday the 13th Part 3 would be different though since it's not their film and they're just controlling it's distribution. It would be cool if they were to give it that treatment though.
Paramount would have to create a 3D master, I don't even know if they have one, or would spend the money on it.

fitprod
Old 06-07-13, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I must be in the minority here, but I hope the box set includes only 1-8. I'm not going anywhere near JGTH, Jason X, or that shitty-ass reboot.
Old 06-07-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've got all the films, and the only way I'd buy the set would be if it had everything and a bunch of cool extras. Or if part 3 were made for today's 3D.
Old 06-07-13, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by big e
I must be in the minority here, but I hope the box set includes only 1-8. I'm not going anywhere near JGTH, Jason X, or that shitty-ass reboot.
The reboot was probably better than most of the F13 films.
Old 06-07-13, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
The reboot was probably better than most of the F13 films.
You're joking right? The reboot is pretty much terrible. It's newer and more flashy to look at but I'd take parts 1-8 any day. The original films are campy as shit but are way, way more fun to watch. Jason Goes to Hell is ass and Jason X isn't terrible but not my favorite entry.
Old 06-07-13, 11:40 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

They all suck. But in a good way. Just great entertainment. Including JGTH, Jason X, and the reboot. I find them all enjoyable.
Old 06-07-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're joking right? The reboot is pretty much terrible. It's newer and more flashy to look at but I'd take parts 1-8 any day. The original films are campy as shit but are way, way more fun to watch. Jason Goes to Hell is ass and Jason X isn't terrible but not my favorite entry.
I'd agree w/ Gizmo - the reboot I enjoyed much more than the later entries of the original series.
Old 06-07-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JayDerek
I'd agree w/ Gizmo - the reboot I enjoyed much more than the later entries of the original series.
I could see not liking Jason Goes to Hell or Jason X, but the first eight films are for the most part lot of fun. They aren't masterful pieces of cinema or anything but just campy fun horror. The remake wasn't fun at all and I didn't give a crap about any of the characters. Also didn't care for the fact that Jason was kind of clever and was setting traps and shit. The best thing about the remake in my opinion was the prologue.
Old 06-07-13, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,888 Posts

The reboot was godawful. It had flashy modern production values, but it was a badly-acted, badly-written colossal bore.

The old Friday the 13th films aren't high art by any stretch, but they do have pop culture cachet and a certain degree of dunderheaded fun.

Jason Goes to Hell is nearly unwatchable; I remember trying to watch it a long time ago and it couldn't hold my interest. Jason X is basically a parody, like they stopped giving a shit and just wanted to have some fun.
Old 06-07-13, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The reboot was godawful. It had flashy modern production values, but it was a badly-acted, badly-written colossal bore.
But it did have "perfect nipple placement."
Old 06-11-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From Bloody Disgusting:

Last week we reported that it seemed like all 12 Friday The 13th films would collected in a Blu-ray box set via Warner Bros. And today that sh*t has been confirmed!

All 12 films will be stretched across 10 discs, with 7 movies hitting the hi-def format for the first time. There will also be a bonus blu dedicated to special features and a 40 page companion book of highlights culled from Peter Bracke’s “Crystal Lake Memories.”

Head below for the details. It retails for $130 but I’d bet you could pick it up for 80 or so at Best Buy/Amazon. And remember, with WB retaining home video rights it only underscore that Paramount specifically got theatrical rights. I’d expect a new movie next year.

Artwork forthcoming I suppose.

Films in The Collection include:
· Disc 1 – Friday the 13th (1980)
· Disc 2 – Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
· Disc 3 – Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
· Disc 4 – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 5 – Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 6 – Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
· Disc 7 – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
· Disc 8 – Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
· Disc 9 – Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and “Killer Cut” Extended Version)
· Disc 10 – Killer Bonus DVD Disc

On September 13th, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will provide plenty of blood-curdling thrills when Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection debuts on Blu-ray. For the first time, all twelve Friday the 13th films will be packaged together, (with seven of them making Blu-ray debuts) as a result of a strategic distribution alliance between Paramount and Warner announced last fall, granting Warner exclusive video distribution rights to over 600 Paramount titles. The set also includes a Friday The 13th Killer Extras Bonus DVD.

This intense ‘slasher’ series is one of the longest-running and most successful horror franchises in film history, surpassing the domestic theatrical box-office grosses of such legendary series as A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The film that turned psycho killer Jason Voorhees and his infamous hockey mask into a pop culture icon has also bested the horror competition as the #1 home entertainment seller, with total sales of $119.7M to date.

The 10-disc collection ($129.95 SRP) includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that’s viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch.

Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection also includes digital versions of all 12 films with UltraViolet, allowing viewers to download and instantly stream the films to a wide range of devices from computers and compatible tablets to smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.”
Old 06-11-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

please have decent packaging!
Old 06-11-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hell yes, I can't wait!! I'll pre-order this the day it goes up. Nice to see that they're including everything. I assume parts one through three and Freddy vs. Jason/Friday the 13th (2009) are the existing discs. I do wonder why The Final Chapter isn't a double feature though but parts five through Jason X are.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-11-13 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-11-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I do wonder why The Final Chapter isn't a double feature though but parts five through Jason X are.
Without reauthoring the previously released discs, you're left with 7 movies. One of 'em has to be the odd man out. You either release one disc with three movies, or there'll be one disc with one movie.
Old 06-11-13, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Awesome!

Weird how they structured the discs though. Ill grab it around $60ish
Old 06-11-13, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Wonder if 3 is really 3D.
Old 06-11-13, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would hope both the R & Unrated versions of the original Friday the 13th and Jason Goes To Hell are included. However, it's strange only the remake mentions including both versions of the film and neither of the other two are listed in that manner.

I hope complete specs are released soon to know for sure. Since from a recent ad about Warner's upcoming October horror releases. It appears at the moment, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning many be the R version only, since no indication of an unrated version is advertised.
Old 06-11-13, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.