Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Animated classics 2011 Bluray plans

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Walt Disney Animated classics 2011 Bluray plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Walt Disney Animated classics 2011 Bluray plans

Originally Posted by snausages
Strange...it still shows up for me when I am logged into my account and I go to Tangled 3D and scroll down the page. It's a small click on button on the left hand side of the page.
I'm logged in and I'm not seeing anything either. Where exactly on the left side is this button?

Below the ppoduct photo? Below Special Offers... Product Details... Reviews???

Further down the page?
Old 12-22-10, 09:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Deco King
I am looking forward to seeing the following titles on Blu Ray : Bambi , Alice in Wonderland , and The Lion King , and hopefully (?) in another year's time Cinderella , 101 Dalmatians does anyone here know what other titles are expected in 2012?

I am still spitting blood regarding the Snow White Blu Ray's non inclusion of The Witch At The Cauldron deleted sequence which was included in the 1993 Laserdisc release in both finished form and the Pencil Test versions!
I thought something was missing - thanks for reminding me.
Old 12-23-10, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon2
I'm logged in and I'm not seeing anything either. Where exactly on the left side is this button?

Below the ppoduct photo? Below Special Offers... Product Details... Reviews???

Further down the page?
It's below "This title has not yet been released." There is a box that says "Also available in: DVD". Right below that is a box that says "Save $8.00 with this coupon" and has a "Clip This Coupon" button. That box is above "Special Products And Product Promotions".
Old 12-31-10, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Old 12-31-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Awesome!!!
Thanks for posting the cover art on here Gizmo.
I cant wait to own this release.
Old 12-31-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Was Lion King 3D shown theatrically?
Old 12-31-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sorry, but Disney's new "design scheme" with the name running down the side on the front covers like that just looks terrible....the first time I saw the Bambi cover I thought it just had to be temp art (since it looked so bad), but now that we know it is official, and this is now following for Lion King, ugh.....
Old 12-31-10, 11:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Was Lion King 3D shown theatrically?
They will be sometime in 2011.
Old 01-01-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It just occured to me though, Notice there is no Diamond edition Branding on this artwork.

In anycase Iam just glad that we arent having to wait for the 3D release.
Hopefully When Tarzan hits bluray at somepoint they will have a 3D version of that as well.
A few years ago when RealD was first testing with a few different digital 3D demo reels at my work,(this was the summer before chicken little became the first Digital 3D release) one of the scenes they showcased was from Tarzan and it looked amazing.
Old 01-01-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
They will be sometime in 2011.
Yes there is a tentatively scheduled limited theatrical re release set for late spring 2011. plus it will also be having a 2 week engagement of the Lion King
3D at the Disney operated El Capitan theatre in Sept next year as well right before the October bluray release.
Old 01-01-11, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

WHY MUST 3D TAKE EVERYTHING OVER! THE MOVIE WASN'T SHOT IN 3D NOR WAS IT INTENDED FOR 3D!!!!

Making films that weren't in 3D in theaters on DVD/BD is POINTLESS, it's just like taking a widescreen film and making it full screen or colorizing a movie.

That being said, I wish they were just having a limited re-release of the movie in 2D, I would go see that, but I'm not wasting my money on 3D (since I'd have to pay an extra $2-$3 for nothing). I remember seeing the movie in the theater in the summer of 1994 and then again in the winter of 1995 at the dollar theater. Good times.
Old 01-01-11, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
WHY MUST 3D TAKE EVERYTHING OVER! THE MOVIE WASN'T SHOT IN 3D NOR WAS IT INTENDED FOR 3D!!!!

Making films that weren't in 3D in theaters on DVD/BD is POINTLESS, it's just like taking a widescreen film and making it full screen or colorizing a movie.

That being said, I wish they were just having a limited re-release of the movie in 2D, I would go see that, but I'm not wasting my money on 3D (since I'd have to pay an extra $2-$3 for nothing). I remember seeing the movie in the theater in the summer of 1994 and then again in the winter of 1995 at the dollar theater. Good times.
I agree. Hell, "Toy Story 3" wasn't all that great in 3D nor did it need it.

Last edited by Daytripper; 01-01-11 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-01-11, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

uh you do realize that the 2D version is being included in the bluray right?
So there really is no need to get all bent out of shape and screaming over this.
you dont want to see it 3D thats fine, just watch it in 2D.
Old 01-01-11, 02:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I agree. Hell, "Toy Story 3" wasn't all that great in 3D nor did it need it.
It had to have some sort of gimmick to get people to come to see it. It was horrible.
Old 01-01-11, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can we move past the 3D bashing please, I didnt start this thread so that people could come out of the woodworks to complain about 3D conversions.
If you dont like it fine, its not like anyone is forceing you to watch it, the 2D version is there for you as well.
Old 01-01-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm not wasting my money on 3D (since I'd have to pay an extra $2-$3 for nothing).
Actually, if this one is considered the "combo pack" version there's a good chance this'll be the heavily discounted one with coupons, etc.
Old 01-01-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
It just occured to me though, Notice there is no Diamond edition Branding on this artwork.

In anycase Iam just glad that we arent having to wait for the 3D release.
Hopefully When Tarzan hits bluray at somepoint they will have a 3D version of that as well.
A few years ago when RealD was first testing with a few different digital 3D demo reels at my work,(this was the summer before chicken little became the first Digital 3D release) one of the scenes they showcased was from Tarzan and it looked amazing.
I'm not a fan of 3D but I bet Tarzan would be pretty amazing even though it would just be a convert.
Old 01-01-11, 03:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, for one, would like to see a blu-ray of Atlantis. I know that not a lot of people like it, but I've always thought that it was a great movie with wonderful animation.
Old 01-01-11, 05:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I'd support that. I actually like Atlantis a lot. Surprised the hell out of me that we even got a special edition on DVD, so maybe there's hope we may see it on BD.
Old 01-01-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Can we move past the 3D bashing please, I didnt start this thread so that people could come out of the woodworks to complain about 3D conversions.
If you dont like it fine, its not like anyone is forceing you to watch it, the 2D version is there for you as well.
The 3D discussion is relevant to this thread thanks to Lion King.

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
I, for one, would like to see a blu-ray of Atlantis. I know that not a lot of people like it, but I've always thought that it was a great movie with wonderful animation.
Me too, I enjoyed Atlantis quite a bit.
Old 01-01-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Does Disney have any plans for their live action movies on bluray. Over the Christmas Weekend TCM did a marathon of all the old live action movies from the 50s-60s, and I really enjoyed the Swiss Family Robinson in HD and was shown in its OAR.
Old 01-01-11, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Does Disney have any plans for their live action movies on bluray. Over the Christmas Weekend TCM did a marathon of all the old live action movies from the 50s-60s, and I really enjoyed the Swiss Family Robinson in HD and was shown in its OAR.
I bet we'll get a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea release in 2014 (60th Anniversary) or around the time Fincher's remake hits, if it ever does.

Swiss Family Robinson is being remade featuring Will Smith's family, so it's a lock the Blu-Ray would come attached to that, since Disney missed the chance to release a 50th Anniversary disc.
Old 01-01-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, man, I would love 20,000 on blu. It's one of my favorites.
Old 01-01-11, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Galt
Is Sleeping Beauty the only blu that has gone back in the vault?
To my knowledge, yes, although as someone else in the thread mentioned, Fantasia is rumored to be getting pulled this month. A quick release to be sure, which makes me question it, but honestly, with Disney willing to forego potential extra dollars by pulling Tron OOP before Legacy came out, who knows?

uh you do realize that the 2D version is being included in the bluray right?
So there really is no need to get all bent out of shape and screaming over this.
you dont want to see it 3D thats fine, just watch it in 2D.
I do realize that the 2D version is included, however, I personally would rather not buy and own a disc that I will end up getting no milage out of (in this case, the 3D disc, since aside from my PS3, my setup doesn't have any 3D-ready equipment, nor am I interested in going in that direction in the future). I'd imagine that it would probably get the coupons that Disney puts out, like Artman said, but I'd still feel weird about buying a disc I'd never use.
Old 01-01-11, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
It's below "This title has not yet been released." There is a box that says "Also available in: DVD". Right below that is a box that says "Save $8.00 with this coupon" and has a "Clip This Coupon" button. That box is above "Special Products And Product Promotions".
I never saw it there and it doesn't show up now. However, thanks for the info anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.