Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Back To The Future" on Blu! (10-26-2010)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

"Back To The Future" on Blu! (10-26-2010)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: "Back To The Future" on Blu! (10-26-2010)

Slightly Off Topic... and probably posted in Movies or something, but just in case somebody here missed it:

Back to the Future - 25th Anniversary Re-release | An AMC Theatres Exclusive
Old 09-27-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting... might have to actually check that out.
Old 09-27-10, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
Slightly Off Topic... and probably posted in Movies or something, but just in case somebody here missed it:

I am 100% there
Old 09-27-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Darth Maher

The only problem is that iam pretty sure this is being shown using the substandard digital projectors that Fathom/NCM (the company that handles AMC's pre show entertainment) has installed(and maintain) in most AMC projection booths for preshow ads, Basicly the movie is downloaded into the projector from the Fathom,NCM satalite. The same sort thing thing that is done with the Fathom,NCM, Live Nation screenings of concerts plays ballets and sporting events. Just like last years screenings of Wizard of Oz and the blues brothers, and the upcomming Fathom special event screenings of The exorcist directors cut, and sound of music singalong event.

hopefully this is not the case, but this smacks of the same crap that Fathom,NCM and AMC pulled with OZ last year, and the picture quality sucked big time on those substandard projectors which are primarily used to show pre show ads. just remember buyer beware.
Old 09-28-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll see. I called the theater asking for info and they didn't have any at the moment. I'm hoping it's a digital print in DLP, which would be great. Since this theater they're playing it at in WA is all-digital I think I can rule out them projecting a Blu-Ray (I don't think the setup would allow it), but if it's satellite, I'll probably skip.
Old 09-28-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$20 (I'll only bet droidguy1119) says it'll be projected, minimum, in at least 2K.

Universal is actually doing a full fledged theatrical re-release in other parts of the world (UK) a week before the 25th anniversary comes out in digital.

This wouldn't be the first time that a film or event actually was projected in 2K. Universal has done this practice prior when showing older films at places like the Alamo Drafthouse. Also, when Sony does their Hot Ticket events, they have the theaters download a 2K projection file rather than a satellite feed.
Old 09-28-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
We'll see. I called the theater asking for info and they didn't have any at the moment. I'm hoping it's a digital print in DLP, which would be great. Since this theater they're playing it at in WA is all-digital I think I can rule out them projecting a Blu-Ray (I don't think the setup would allow it), but if it's satellite, I'll probably skip.
99 percent sure its a satellite download, again i hope iam wrong but really think its no different then any of AMC's other one night one weekend only engagements. In which case your better off holding out for a local revival house or smaller indie theatre that shows classic films, atleast those you know are actual 35mm film prints.

For the record though a theatre equiped with any DLP projector that has HDMI port can hook up a bluray player and project a bluray. we have had several direct to video movies premiered at work using Bluray Discs, We even had one that was premiered on HD DVD (Return to House on Haunted Hill) and were talking about the widest screen in the country and the most state of the art christie DLP projector(cp2230) here , And they look really good.

I went to the Bluray premiere of Ghostbusters last year in june at the Fine Arts theatre in beverly hills and it looked great. And the best part was the screening was free, Ivan and Jason Reitman were in attendance as was Dany Akroyd and Ernie Hudson.

unfortunately these screenings that AMC, NCM/Fathom, live nation etc hold are not done with the bluray discs or even the DLP projectors that AMC uses for the first run movies being shown, but the NCM/Fathom no name substandard Digital projectors that they install and maintain in the AMC projection booths,which really suck in terms of PQ and Audio if you have ever sat through the pre show commercials that play before the trailers you will have a idea of what the quality will most likely be . so again hope i am wrong but really am expecting the screening for BTTF, to be a disapointment.

I really dont mean to be negative nelly about this Iam just giving a heads up based on previous screening like these held at AMC and other Fathom/NCM, live nation etc equiped theatres.
Old 09-28-10, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
$20 (I'll only bet droidguy1119) says it'll be projected, minimum, in at least 2K.

Universal is actually doing a full fledged theatrical re-release in other parts of the world (UK) a week before the 25th anniversary comes out in digital.

This wouldn't be the first time that a film or event actually was projected in 2K. Universal has done this practice prior when showing older films at places like the Alamo Drafthouse. Also, when Sony does their Hot Ticket events, they have the theaters download a 2K projection file rather than a satellite feed.
Sony hot ticket events are a different story though, sony is the one that handles every aspect of those engagements, and they are done at quite a few chains and thousands of screens. this is being shown only on 147 AMC theatres.

And the Alamo Drafthouse is not just a run of the mill multiplex, its a independent theatre that works directly with the studios for the screenings that are held there, same as my example of the Fine Arts theatre in beverly hills bluray premiere last year of Ghostbusters.(not to mention the alamo drafthouse have people like Robert Rodriguez, Eli Roth, Harry Knowles who push for only the best on those screenings.), They are known for the excellent presentations at that theatre, thats why they draw people from all over the world who pay to fly out there and watch the screenings held there.

Again hope i am wrong but based on the prior examples of oz, and bluesbrothers which were sattelite feeds, and keep in mind the oz screenings last year were held the same week the bluray was released.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 09-28-10 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-28-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alamo Drafthouse has some damn fine digital projection on their screens at their Village location... Sony 4k all the way. They have a whole "Digital Classics" series there where they show 4k remasters.

That said, they try to show 35mm revivals as much as possible. Just had a newly struck print of Big Trouble in Little China last month and it was glorious.

The AMC at Barton Creek Mall is showing it here... I expect it to be wholely disappointing, so I'll skip it and wait for the BDs.

Oh and I see Harry Knowles on an almost weekly basis either at Best Buy or at the Drafthouse ... it's funny to watch him surrounded by nerd minions walking around like god-o-cinema. That said ... I owe that dude something for all the great screenings I've been able to attend

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Sony hot ticket events are a different story though, sony is the one that handles every aspect of those engagements, and they are done at quite a few chains and thousands of screens. this is being shown only on 147 AMC theatres.

And the Alamo Drafthouse is not just a run of the mill multiplex, its a independent theatre that works directly with the studios for the screenings that are held there, same as my example of the Fine Arts theatre in beverly hills bluray premiere last year of Ghostbusters.(not to mention the alamo drafthouse have people like Robert Rodriguez, Eli Roth, Harry Knowles who push for only the best on those screenings.), They are known for the excellent presentations at that theatre, thats why they draw people from all over the world who pay to fly out there and watch the screenings held there.

Again hope i am wrong but based on the prior examples of oz, and bluesbrothers which were sattelite feeds, and keep in mind the oz screenings last year were held the same week the bluray was released.
Old 09-29-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Oh and I see Harry Knowles on an almost weekly basis either at Best Buy or at the Drafthouse ... it's funny to watch him surrounded by nerd minions walking around like god-o-cinema. That said ... I owe that dude something for all the great screenings I've been able to attend
I hope you don't ever get stuck sitting behind him at a movie.
Old 09-29-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Z
I just assumed Knowles sat in the aisle, despite it being a fire code violation.
Old 09-29-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
I really dont mean to be negative nelly about this Iam just giving a heads up based on previous screening like these held at AMC and other Fathom/NCM, live nation etc equiped theatres.
I don't want to sound like a dick or nothing, but all you've listed in your examples are Fathom-based events which are done practically at every theater chain that uses CineMedia and their Christie-based projectors. There hasn't been an "AMC Exclusive" screening yet for this or any film, or until Hatchet II comes out on Friday, but you're going by only one company's examples.

Sony's Hot Ticket, which you immediately blew off, were "one-night only" (or two, three and/or possibly four) events that were not satellite based, but an actual 2K projection file. Based upon the theater list, there's a gigantic possibility that these 158 screens AMC are already digital-equipped and AMC will be projecting a 2K or 4K file especially since CineMedia is nowhere to be had with this event.

Spoiler:
ATLANTA
AMC Avenue Forsyth 12
AMC Barrett Commons 24
AMC Discover Mills 18

AMC Mansell Crossing 14
AMC Parkway Pointe 15
AMC Phipps Plaza 14
AMC Southlake 24
AMC Stonecrest 16

AUSTIN
AMC Barton Creek Square 14

BALTIMORE
AMC Columbia 14
AMC Owings Mills 17
AMC Loews White Marsh 16

BOSTON
AMC Loews Boston Common 19
AMC Framingham 16
AMC Harvard Square 5
AMC Liberty Tree Mall 20
AMC Loews Methuen 20

CHAMPAIGN
AMC Showplace Springfield 12

CHARLOTTE
AMC Concord Mills 24
AMC Northlake 14

CHICAGO
AMC South Barrington 30
AMC Loews Crestwood 18
AMC Showplace Naperville 16
AMC Northbrook Court 14
AMC Loews Quarry Cinemas 14
AMC River East 21
AMC Showplace Schereville 12
AMC Loews Streets of Woodfield 20
AMC Showplace Village Crossing 18
AMC Loews Woodridge 18
AMC Yorktown 17

DALLAS
AMC Firewheel 18
AMC Highland Village 12
AMC Mesquite 30
AMC Northpark 15
AMC The Parks At Arlington 18
AMC Stonebriar 24

DENVER
AMC Highlands Ranch 24
AMC Orchard 12
AMC Westminster Promenade 24

DETROIT
AMC Star Fairlane 21
AMC Forum 30
AMC Star Gratiot 21
AMC Star Great Lakes 25
AMC Livonia 20
AMC Star Southfield 20

HOUSTON
AMC First Colony 24
AMC Gulf Pointe 30
AMC Katy Mills 20
AMC Studio 30
AMC Willowbrook 24

INDIANAPOLIS
AMC Castleton Square 14
AMC Showplace Indianapolis 17

JACKSONVILLE
AMC Orange Park 24
AMC Regency 24

KANSAS CITY
AMC BarryWoods 24
AMC Independence Commons 20
AMC Mainstreet 6
AMC Studio 30
AMC Town Center 20

LOS ANGELES
AMC 30 At The Block
AMC Burbank 16
AMC Universal Citywalk Stadium 19
AMC Covina 30
AMC Del Amo 18
AMC Downtown Disney District 12
AMC South Bay Galleria 16
AMC Loews Marina 6
AMC Marina Pacifica 12
AMC Norwalk 20
AMC Ontario Mills 30
AMC Puente Hills 20
AMC Rolling Hills 20
AMC Tustin 14 @ The District
AMC Tyler Galleria 16
AMC Victoria Gardens 12

MIAMI
AMC Aventura 24
AMC Sunset Place 24

MILWAUKEE
AMC Mayfair Mall 18

MINNEAPOLIS
AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18
AMC Rosedale 14
AMC Southdale 16

MONTREAL
AMC Forum 22

NEW ORLEANS
AMC Clearview Palace 12
AMC Elmwood Palace 20
AMC Houma Palace 10
AMC Westbank Palace 16

NEW YORK
AMC Loews 34th Street 14
AMC Bay Plaza Cinema 13
AMC Clifton Commons 16
AMC Loews Danbury 16
AMC Empire 25
AMC Loews Freehold Metroplex 14
AMC Garden State 16
AMC Loews Jersey Gardens 20
AMC Loews Kips Bay 15
AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9
AMC Loews Monmouth Mall 15
AMC Loews New Brunswick 18
AMC Loews Palisades Center 21
AMC Loews Port Chester 14
AMC Loews Raceway 10
AMC Rockaway 16
AMC Loews Stony Brook 17
AMC Loews Village 7
AMC Loews Wayne 14

OKLAHOMA CITY
AMC Quail Springs Mall 24

ORLANDO
AMC Altamonte Mall 18
AMC Pleasure Island 24
AMC Universal Cineplex 20

OTTAWA
AMC Kanata 24

PHILADELPHIA
AMC 309 Cinema 9
AMC Loews Cherry Hill 24
AMC Deptford 8
AMC Franklin Mills Mall 14
AMC Hamilton 24
AMC Marple 10
AMC Neshaminy 24
AMC Plymouth Meeting Mall 12

PHOENIX
AMC Ahwatukee 24
AMC Deer Valley 30
AMC Desert Ridge 18
AMC Mesa Grand 24
AMC Westgate 20

PITTSBURGH
AMC Loews Waterfront 22

SACRAMENTO
AMC Showplace Manteca 16

SAN ANTONIO
AMC Huebner Oaks 24

SAN DIEGO
AMC Fashion Valley 18
AMC Palm Promenade 24

SAN FRANCISCO
AMC Mercado 20
AMC Loews Metreon 16
AMC Saratoga 14
AMC Van Ness 14

SEATTLE
AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16
AMC Pacific Place 11
AMC Southcenter 16

SPOKANE
AMC River Park Square 20

ST. LOUIS
AMC Chesterfield 14

TALLAHASSEE
AMC Tallahassee Mall 20

TAMPA
AMC The Regency 20
AMC Veterans 24
AMC West Shore 14
AMC Woodlands Square 20

TORONTO
AMC Courtney Park 16
AMC Interchange 30
AMC Kennedy Commons 20
AMC Whitby 24
AMC Winston Churchill 24
AMC Yonge & Dundas 24

TUCSON
AMC Loews Foothills 15

TULSA
AMC Southroads 20

WASHINGTON DC
AMC Loews Georgetown 14
AMC Hoffman Center 22
AMC Magic Johnson Capital Center 12
AMC Potomac Mills 18
AMC Loews Rio Cinemas 18
AMC Tysons Corner 16
Old 09-30-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got to see all 3 Back to the Future movies last Sunday as part of a Trilogy series that my theater is doing. $9 to see 3 movies is a great deal, especially the first movie since I was only 6 when it came out in theaters and I didn't see it then.
Old 09-30-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
especially the first movie since I was only 6 when it came out in theaters and I didn't see it then.
<------26 and my last year of singlehood, got married in 86. Saw that with my fiance' now wife.
Old 10-01-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Anyone know if the BTTF screenings are going to be a projected DVD/Blu-Ray or will it be actual film?
Old 10-03-10, 10:47 PM

It Oct. Where can we get the best deal on this? I pre ordered it at Amazon, it shipped earlier and earlier to prevent me get other deal.
Old 10-03-10, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
<------26 and my last year of singlehood, got married in 86. Saw that with my fiance' now wife.
Tell us more Grandpa.

j/k
Old 10-03-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
Anyone know if the BTTF screenings are going to be a projected DVD/Blu-Ray or will it be actual film?
I don't think standard cinemas like AMC are equipped to project DVD or Blu-ray (I may be wrong) but I read this will be an all-digital projection based off of the new print for the Blu-ray.
Old 10-03-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SACRAMENTO
AMC Showplace Manteca 16
We only have Cinemark and Regal theaters here in Sac. This is like an 1+hr away from here. Kind of unfair they list it as that since I have to drive that far just to see it.
Old 10-04-10, 09:54 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Unless you sit on the front row, this is never an issue since he's in a wheelchair all the time. Been to a few of his screenings (Social Network being most recent), and he's always down on the floor.

On the BTTF topic, I'm with Rob since I'm in Austin. One of the worst theaters here is showing the revival, so I'll wait for the BD - or wait until the Drafthouse shows it.
Old 10-04-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Tell us more Grandpa.

j/k
Actually I have kids the same age as a bunch of you but fortunately I'm not a grandfather yet.
Old 10-04-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re read what i wrote, did not blow off hot ticket, quite the opposite in fact. Isaid sony hot tickets is another story all togeather, sony doesnt use a sattelite feed. They download through a hard drive delivered via technicolor. SONY demands a higher quality presentation hence why they dont do downloads.

As for Hatchet 2 its being presented in digital and film.
My venue has it on 2 screens one 35mm and one DLP.

I don't want to sound like a dick or nothing, but all you've listed in your examples are Fathom-based events which are done practically at every theater chain that uses CineMedia and their Christie-based projectors. There hasn't been an "AMC Exclusive" screening yet for this or any film, or until Hatchet II comes out on Friday, but you're going by only one company's examples.

Sony's Hot Ticket, which you immediately blew off, were "one-night only" (or two, three and/or possibly four) events that were not satellite based, but an actual 2K projection file. Based upon the theater list, there's a gigantic possibility that these 158 screens AMC are already digital-equipped and AMC will be projecting a 2K or 4K file especially since CineMedia is nowhere to be had with this event.

Spoiler:
ATLANTA
AMC Avenue Forsyth 12
AMC Barrett Commons 24
AMC Discover Mills 18

AMC Mansell Crossing 14
AMC Parkway Pointe 15
AMC Phipps Plaza 14
AMC Southlake 24
AMC Stonecrest 16

AUSTIN
AMC Barton Creek Square 14

BALTIMORE
AMC Columbia 14
AMC Owings Mills 17
AMC Loews White Marsh 16

BOSTON
AMC Loews Boston Common 19
AMC Framingham 16
AMC Harvard Square 5
AMC Liberty Tree Mall 20
AMC Loews Methuen 20

CHAMPAIGN
AMC Showplace Springfield 12

CHARLOTTE
AMC Concord Mills 24
AMC Northlake 14

CHICAGO
AMC South Barrington 30
AMC Loews Crestwood 18
AMC Showplace Naperville 16
AMC Northbrook Court 14
AMC Loews Quarry Cinemas 14
AMC River East 21
AMC Showplace Schereville 12
AMC Loews Streets of Woodfield 20
AMC Showplace Village Crossing 18
AMC Loews Woodridge 18
AMC Yorktown 17

DALLAS
AMC Firewheel 18
AMC Highland Village 12
AMC Mesquite 30
AMC Northpark 15
AMC The Parks At Arlington 18
AMC Stonebriar 24

DENVER
AMC Highlands Ranch 24
AMC Orchard 12
AMC Westminster Promenade 24

DETROIT
AMC Star Fairlane 21
AMC Forum 30
AMC Star Gratiot 21
AMC Star Great Lakes 25
AMC Livonia 20
AMC Star Southfield 20

HOUSTON
AMC First Colony 24
AMC Gulf Pointe 30
AMC Katy Mills 20
AMC Studio 30
AMC Willowbrook 24

INDIANAPOLIS
AMC Castleton Square 14
AMC Showplace Indianapolis 17

JACKSONVILLE
AMC Orange Park 24
AMC Regency 24

KANSAS CITY
AMC BarryWoods 24
AMC Independence Commons 20
AMC Mainstreet 6
AMC Studio 30
AMC Town Center 20

LOS ANGELES
AMC 30 At The Block
AMC Burbank 16
AMC Universal Citywalk Stadium 19
AMC Covina 30
AMC Del Amo 18
AMC Downtown Disney District 12
AMC South Bay Galleria 16
AMC Loews Marina 6
AMC Marina Pacifica 12
AMC Norwalk 20
AMC Ontario Mills 30
AMC Puente Hills 20
AMC Rolling Hills 20
AMC Tustin 14 @ The District
AMC Tyler Galleria 16
AMC Victoria Gardens 12

MIAMI
AMC Aventura 24
AMC Sunset Place 24

MILWAUKEE
AMC Mayfair Mall 18

MINNEAPOLIS
AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18
AMC Rosedale 14
AMC Southdale 16

MONTREAL
AMC Forum 22

NEW ORLEANS
AMC Clearview Palace 12
AMC Elmwood Palace 20
AMC Houma Palace 10
AMC Westbank Palace 16

NEW YORK
AMC Loews 34th Street 14
AMC Bay Plaza Cinema 13
AMC Clifton Commons 16
AMC Loews Danbury 16
AMC Empire 25
AMC Loews Freehold Metroplex 14
AMC Garden State 16
AMC Loews Jersey Gardens 20
AMC Loews Kips Bay 15
AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9
AMC Loews Monmouth Mall 15
AMC Loews New Brunswick 18
AMC Loews Palisades Center 21
AMC Loews Port Chester 14
AMC Loews Raceway 10
AMC Rockaway 16
AMC Loews Stony Brook 17
AMC Loews Village 7
AMC Loews Wayne 14

OKLAHOMA CITY
AMC Quail Springs Mall 24

ORLANDO
AMC Altamonte Mall 18
AMC Pleasure Island 24
AMC Universal Cineplex 20

OTTAWA
AMC Kanata 24

PHILADELPHIA
AMC 309 Cinema 9
AMC Loews Cherry Hill 24
AMC Deptford 8
AMC Franklin Mills Mall 14
AMC Hamilton 24
AMC Marple 10
AMC Neshaminy 24
AMC Plymouth Meeting Mall 12

PHOENIX
AMC Ahwatukee 24
AMC Deer Valley 30
AMC Desert Ridge 18
AMC Mesa Grand 24
AMC Westgate 20

PITTSBURGH
AMC Loews Waterfront 22

SACRAMENTO
AMC Showplace Manteca 16

SAN ANTONIO
AMC Huebner Oaks 24

SAN DIEGO
AMC Fashion Valley 18
AMC Palm Promenade 24

SAN FRANCISCO
AMC Mercado 20
AMC Loews Metreon 16
AMC Saratoga 14
AMC Van Ness 14

SEATTLE
AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16
AMC Pacific Place 11
AMC Southcenter 16

SPOKANE
AMC River Park Square 20

ST. LOUIS
AMC Chesterfield 14

TALLAHASSEE
AMC Tallahassee Mall 20

TAMPA
AMC The Regency 20
AMC Veterans 24
AMC West Shore 14
AMC Woodlands Square 20

TORONTO
AMC Courtney Park 16
AMC Interchange 30
AMC Kennedy Commons 20
AMC Whitby 24
AMC Winston Churchill 24
AMC Yonge & Dundas 24

TUCSON
AMC Loews Foothills 15

TULSA
AMC Southroads 20

WASHINGTON DC
AMC Loews Georgetown 14
AMC Hoffman Center 22
AMC Magic Johnson Capital Center 12
AMC Potomac Mills 18
AMC Loews Rio Cinemas 18
AMC Tysons Corner 16
Ree
Old 10-04-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Unless you sit on the front row, this is never an issue since he's in a wheelchair all the time. Been to a few of his screenings (Social Network being most recent), and he's always down on the floor.

On the BTTF topic, I'm with Rob since I'm in Austin. One of the worst theaters here is showing the revival, so I'll wait for the BD - or wait until the Drafthouse shows it.
I missed it (had to work) but 1-2 months back the Alamo @ The Ritz had a film feast with all 3 movies at the same time featuring special guest Christopher Lloyd.

Yeah, and true about Knowles being immobile.

I cringe thinking about going to AMC... I'm spoiled with Alamo Drafthouses' policy of "if you talk during the movie... we'll kick your ass out" and 18+ age policy. Last time I went to the AMC Barton Square (where the movie was showing) I wanted to KILL everyone in the theater. Talking, cell phones, kids running around. Don't have the worry about kids at the Alamo... they're not allowed!
Old 10-04-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I cringe thinking about going to AMC... I'm spoiled with Alamo Drafthouses' policy of "if you talk during the movie... we'll kick your ass out" and 18+ age policy. Last time I went to the AMC Barton Square (where the movie was showing) I wanted to KILL everyone in the theater. Talking, cell phones, kids running around. Don't have the worry about kids at the Alamo... they're not allowed!
Cool
Old 10-04-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

1-2 months back the Alamo @ The Ritz had a film feast with all 3 movies at the same time featuring special guest Christopher Lloyd.
Damnit! Why does this happen everywhere BUT here?? In Chicago we only ever get a screening of the first film. I'd love to see parts 2 and 3 in the theater again. I remember seeing them back in 89 and 90, but I was only 5 and 6 years old, so I only vaguely remember it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.