Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Shout! Studios (and Scream Factory!) Blu-ray Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The One and Only Shout! Studios (and Scream Factory!) Blu-ray Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
re: The One and Only Shout! Studios (and Scream Factory!) Blu-ray Thread

I already own this films on DVD but I hope the Paul Naschy Collection gets solid treatment!

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...chy-collection
Old 03-09-17, 11:43 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Can't. One of my family members already opened it when it came in last week.
have you viewed it? so there is no new remaster or anything? did you see the 70m doc? worth it?
Old 03-10-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Didn't see this mentioned yet, but they've got a pretty nice set of extras for the very underrated VIRUS:

• NEW Eye Of The Storm – An Interview With Director John Bruno
• NEW Science & Fiction – An Interview With Writer Dennis Feldman
• NEW Into The Woods – An Interview With Actor Marshall Bell
• NEW Men, Monsters And Machines: The Special Effects Of VIRUS Featuring Interviews With Robotics Effects Designers Steve Johnson And Eric Allard, Special Makeup Effects Artist Joel Harlow And Special Makeup Effects Supervisor: Second Unit Vincent J. Guastini
• NEW Audio Commentary With Director John Bruno And Writer Dennis Feldman
• Audio Commentary With Director John Bruno And Actor Marshall Bell
• Vintage featurette – Virus: Ghost In The Machine
• Vintage Featurette – Interviews With Cast And Crew
• Deleted Scenes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery
Old 03-10-17, 06:56 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

see now why couldn't they get something from Jaime Lee or Billy Baldwin? i can't stand these new extras without principal cast. i like Bell, don't get me wrong, am i right?
Old 03-10-17, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Curtis barely wants to continue talking about Halloween, you think she gives two shits about a new edition of Virus, one of her widely-panned features?
Old 03-19-17, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Amazon shipped my copies of Robocop 2 and Robocop 3. Looking forward to getting and watching them. I know they're not as good as the original but they're guilty pleasures.
Old 03-22-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Just announced on the Scream Factory facebook page, Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too will be getting new bluray releases. It didn't mention anything else except the blurays are coming this summer.
Old 03-22-17, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Wow, Teen Wolf is a nice surprise. It's cheesy 80's fun.

Considering Michael J. Fox's recent health issues, I'm curious if he would be able to participate in any bonus content. Watching him speak on camera is kind of uncomfortable to be honest.

I remember Teen Wolf was a Paramount movie back in the 80's, however it looks like it changed distribution a few times over the years. Looks like MGM was the last one to release it on DVD.

Never saw the sequel with Jason Bateman. Heard it's terrible though. Considering Bateman's status now as a pretty big comedy movie star, I doubt Shout will be able to get him.

$20-25 is kind of steep for some of these schlocky titles. I really doubt anyone would want to pay that much for Teen Wolf Too.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-22-17 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-23-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool to see Shout releasing Mr. Mom and Teen Wolf. I'll probably grab both eventually. Teen Wolf Too is likely a pass though.
Old 03-23-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

I just hope they improve the audio. I want to hear "Win in the End" in 5.1 audio. The oringial bluray was trash, and it had a lower tone to the audio that didn't match with how it sounded on dvd. I ended up ditching it and still have the dvd instead. A double feature would have made more sense to buy both of them.
Old 03-23-17, 01:46 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

They'd be much better off selling Teen Wolf/Too as a two pack. Who'd pay their prices for Too?
Old 03-23-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Who'd pay anything for "Too"? I'm perplexed by this decision. A double feature on two discs should've been a no-brainer.
Old 03-23-17, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah a double feature would have made more sense for the Teen Wolf films. Even the first one isn't an all time favorite but it's enough of a guilty pleasure movie for me and I'm a Michael J. Fox fan so I'll get it.
Old 03-23-17, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
They'd be much better off selling Teen Wolf/Too as a two pack. Who'd pay their prices for Too?
I thought the same thing about Robocop 3. But apparently that one is selling, so they probably are doing the right thing as strange as it is to post.
Old 03-23-17, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno I would think the overall fanbase for Robocop is bigger though. Even with the third film being the least popular I bet a lot of people bought it simply to complete the set and because of the new features. I don't really think that the Teen Wolf films have that big of a diehard fanbase who want both. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Old 03-23-17, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

A lot of these like Poltergeist 2 &3 , Jeppers Creepers & Jeepers Creepers 2, and Robocop 2 & 3, probably should have been double features, but since they're making full SEs they probably want to spread the cost among single releases.

But on the other hand, some of these like Teen Wolf 2, Robocop 3, and Poltergeist 3, are lackluster sequels and people might be picking up one and not the other so they could be leaving money on the table by not forcing people to get the one they don't want with the one they do.
Old 03-23-17, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would imagine it's a very tricky decision. Do you pair a very less that worthy sequel with the primary movie that people want, jack up the price, and hope fans will still buy it? Or do you load the less than worthy sequel up with enticing extras, release it separately for approximately the same price, and hope enough completests will buy both separately. Tough call, but I think they made the right choice. I wouldn't buy a set that includes these inferior sequels for a jacked up price. I always prefer to buy only the one movie(s) I like, and pass on the sequels, when they are as bad as Teen Wolf 2, Robocop 3, and Poltergeist 3. In the case of Robocop and Poltergeist that is exactly the reason I always stayed clear of the trilogy box sets on DVD.
Old 03-24-17, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me to see a Teen Wolf double-feature show up as a Walmart exclusive, possibly stripped of special features. That is how Shout Factory handled Bill & Ted's combo release.
Old 03-27-17, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Shout announced the Streets of Fire extras today.

Some decent content with a new 2K remaster:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/ac...ctor-s-edition

Bonus Features

DISC ONE:

NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive

DISC TWO:

NEW SHOTGUNS & SIX STRINGS: The Making Of A Rock N Roll Fable – A Feature-Length Documentary Featuring Interviews With Director/Co-writer Walter Hill, Producer Lawrence Gordon, Actors Michael Paré, Deborah Van Valkenburgh, Richard Lawson, Elizabeth Daily, Lee Ving, Screenwriter Larry Gross, Editor Freeman Davies, Associate Producer Mae Woods, Art Director James Allen, Costume Designer Marilyn Vance, Assistant Director David Sosna, Choreographer Jeffrey Hornaday, Sound Editor Richard Anderson, Music Producer Kenny Vance And Many More... (100 minutes)
RUMBLE ON THE LOT: Walter Hill's Streets Of Fire Revisited – A Feature-Length Documentary Featuring Interviews With Director/Co-writer Walter Hill, Actor Michael Paré, Amy Madigan And Art Director James Allen (82 minutes)
Vintage Featurettes: Rock And Roll Fable, Exaggerated Realism, Choreographing The Crowd, Creating The Costumes, From The Ground Up
Music Videos
Theatrical Trailer
On Air Promos
Still Gallery
Old 03-28-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

So tonight I went ahead and pre-ordered Streets of Fire, Trespass, The Naked Cage and the 2 new Bruce Lee titles off the Shout website.

They have a sale for 15% off orders of $80 or more plus free shipping. Came out to $97 & change total with tax included.

Shout's shipping is amazingly fast and I figured with the sale price & free shipping, why the hell not? I'll be able to get and watch Streets of Fire in late April/early May instead of last street date. The sale price is about the same as Amazon. The other titles end up being close to, if not cheaper than Amazon.
Old 03-28-17, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Are Robocop 2 and 3 any good? I've never seen either (or I've completely forgotten both).

People say Robocop 2 & 3 are terrible, with 3 being the worst. But people say the same thing about Terminator 3,4,5 and I still enjoy them.

I can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on them for this sale.
Old 03-28-17, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I love Robo 2. Its just a mean violent sequel without remorse. Robo 3 has some good ideas, but the PG-13 rating hurts it.

The Shout discs are great. I haven't watched the films yet, but the special features on both are great. Lots of details on how both films were going to bring Orion out of bankruptcy, the break neck pace they were filmed, studio meddling, etc. Also great behind the scenes of the stop motion and special effects.
Old 03-28-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The Robocop 2 BD is fantastic. I barreled through the special features last week. Tom Noonan is hilarious.
Old 03-28-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly both of the Robocop sequels are guilty pleasure movies for me. Robocop 2 is actually pretty decent for a sequel in my opinion. The third film is a lot more iffy but I don't really hate it. There's a lot of cheese in it but overall its a fairly fun film even though it isn't as good the other two. The discs by Shout/Scream are definitely worth getting from the perspective of having good video/audio and more features than would ever be expected.
Old 03-28-17, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally I consider Robocop 2 to one of the better sci-fi sequels ever made. Not as great as the original, but still a great movie on it's own. Noonan is awesome as the villain and the effects are great. Looking forward to checking out my copy of the Scream! version when it arrives.

I've seen Robocop 3 once, and that was enough for one lifetime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.