Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Your Blu-ray wish list / "When will _______ be on Blu-ray?"

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Your Blu-ray wish list / "When will _______ be on Blu-ray?"

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 02:56 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Any word on Halloween:II comming to Bluray....

Probably a slim-line version. Anchor Bay (they still hold rights I think) really needs to do Halloween 4 and 5, and Weinstein with the few they have.
Old 08-25-09, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love it if anchor bay would give us part 4 or5 , i would think it wouldnt be to much work for them since the last dvd releases they did of them were the divimax releases with transfers that were remasterd in HD, Iam sure there would be some work to do but surely no more than anywork than they did on the orginal halloween
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Probably a slim-line version. Anchor Bay (they still hold rights I think) really needs to do Halloween 4 and 5, and Weinstein with the few they have.
Old 08-25-09, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think any companies holding the rights to any of these films would have started to release something before Rob Zombie's H2 or even after. Let's say there was a Halloween 4/5 plan. Why not release 4 now, and then 5 when H2 hits Blu? Why isn't anyone taking the opportunity to release H6, or H20, or even H2 for that matter now?

Ah well.
Old 08-25-09, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think that was only Inglorious that they got the home video rights to, but in anycase universal clearly has the better of the two halloween II's lol

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
To be fair, Zombie's remake of the original should have clued you into what the sequel would be like (although it didn't feature Myers's mother's ghost walking around). While I think the remake is watchable as an exploitation flick if you pretend Carpenter's movie never existed, I really don't have an interest in seeing the sequel (although one of my best friends is a huge Halloween fanatic, so she might drag me).

As far as whether Universal will release a Blu-Ray version of II, I wouldn't hold my breath, since this is the same company that ended up releasing a barebones version of the movie instead of the planned SE w/ the original cut.

Although don't they have the video rights to the remake? If so, I could MAYBE see them doing a tie-in when the Zombie's H2 gets released on DVD/Blu, like they're doing with Drag Me To Hell and Army Of Darkness.
Old 08-25-09, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

This is a special edition I have been waiting for a long time.

There is a lot of extra footage, some of which is used in the horribly edited TV version on AMC as well as other footage that was cut out.

Apparently Universal didn't like Rick Rosthenthal's original cut of the film which was supposed to be similar to the original film which was built on characters and suspense and less on gore.

Here's a segment written on Wilkelpedia. Don't know if it's true or not, though...

"A Special Edition from Lions Gate & Universal Home Video is coming. For years fans have been waiting for a true special edition. What will excite Halloween fans is this will be yet another alternate version. This new version is the complete resurrection of Rick Rosenthal's original version. Some of this footage is alternate takes but the majority of the footage is scenes being restored to their original length. It is not known if production photos taken by Kim Gottlieb will be included. The biggest draw for the fans will be the resurrection of two or three cut scenes that have never been seen by the public, even in the TV editions. This will most likely will be release in 2010. Universal will release the movie in USA/CANADA and Lions Gate has all international rights."
Old 08-25-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well that's pretty sweet. Although, characters and suspense in Halloween 2? We only really had Laurie Strode in Halloween 2 as the only worthwhile character, and Lumis. Everyone else pretty much ended up being typical horror movie throwaway characters. I think the movie was fairly suspenseful and eerie at times, I like Halloween 2 (the old one, haven't seen Zombie's yet).
Old 08-25-09, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
You would think any companies holding the rights to any of these films would have started to release something before Rob Zombie's H2 or even after. Let's say there was a Halloween 4/5 plan. Why not release 4 now, and then 5 when H2 hits Blu? Why isn't anyone taking the opportunity to release H6, or H20, or even H2 for that matter now?

Ah well.
Anchor Bay only recently seems to have gotten back on the Blu train. They made pretty big waves in 2007 with Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Evil Dead II etc. and then disappeared. Blue Underground has (thankfully) filled the horror field there and maybe AB is just now starting to give a shit (Children of the Corn, Hellraiser etc.). But yes, they should have released 4 and 5 on BD already (not only got a H2 tie-in, but Halloween coming up). I believe Universal has the rights to the original again as well.
Old 08-25-09, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Better late than never I guess, I hope they get on it soon. For a company that has acquired the rights to a veritable treasure trove of horror classics, they sure don't know how to pimp anything other than the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness bandwagon, do they?
Old 08-27-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Moved the movie chatter to the existing Zombie's Halloween II thread.
Old 08-27-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True Lies.

For the love of god, True Lies.
Old 08-27-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Your Blu-ray wish list / "When will _______ be on Blu-ray?"

I'll take Night of the Comet on blu.

I've heard that an HD version has been playing on TV, but I have not caught it. I've also read that the director & actors have expressed that they are more than willing to participate in supplements.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

My most wanted

-Back To The Future
-Jurassic Park (with updated cg. Always thought the movie would look better if the dinosaurs were holding walkie talkies)
-Teen Wolf
-Bubba Ho-tep
Old 09-03-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by freshticles
My most wanted

-Jurassic Park (with updated cg. Always thought the movie would look better if the dinosaurs were holding walkie talkies)
Ah like ET! Everyone knows FBI agents don't carry guns.

In an effort to make the films more politically correct, the kids are being CGI'd so that one is now African American the other Asian. Jeff Goldblum's character Ian Malcolm is now named Jeff Goldblumsteinberg so everyone knows he's Jewish. Instead of guns, the guards carry large butterfly nets. Instead of running away, they now try to reason with the dinosaurs and tell them they understand why they are angry and that it's society's fault. Because the only obese person was Dennis Nedry was portrayed negatively, they now have a disclaimer at the beginning apologizing for any hurt feelings and letting people know that fat people have no more chance of getting eaten by dinosaurs than skinny people. Dr's Grant and Sattler are happily married and not living in sin anymore. The dinosaurs now speak in English like Land Before Time so that people can empathize with them more. Tia Leone turns around full frontal when she takes her shirt off in PIII. (OK so I made that one up)

OK back to the real purpose of the thread:

JP films are day 1 purchases for me.
Old 09-03-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Ah like ET! Everyone knows FBI agents don't carry guns.

In an effort to make the films more politically correct, the kids are being CGI'd so that one is now African American the other Asian. Jeff Goldblum's character Ian Malcolm is now named Jeff Goldblumsteinberg so everyone knows he's Jewish. Instead of guns, the guards carry large butterfly nets. Instead of running away, they now try to reason with the dinosaurs and tell them they understand why they are angry and that it's society's fault. Because the only obese person was Dennis Nedry was portrayed negatively, they now have a disclaimer at the beginning apologizing for any hurt feelings and letting people know that fat people have no more chance of getting eaten by dinosaurs than skinny people. Dr's Grant and Sattler are happily married and not living in sin anymore. The dinosaurs now speak in English like Land Before Time so that people can empathize with them more. Tia Leone turns around full frontal when she takes her shirt off in PIII. (OK so I made that one up)

OK back to the real purpose of the thread:

JP films are day 1 purchases for me.
I'm into it.
Old 09-05-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone think there will a 15th anniversary edition of The Usual Suspects next year?
Old 09-13-09, 03:06 AM

My most wanted includes:

Movies:
Back to the Future I, II & (I guess - not a huge fan of) III
E.T. the Extra Terrestrial
Jaws
Schindler's List
Alladin
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story I & II

TV:
Voyagers! (I would be happy even if it was released on just DVD)
Old 09-13-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by freshticles
My most wanted

-Back To The Future
-Teen Wolf
-Bubba Ho-tep
-Bruno
I like that list.
Old 09-13-09, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Bloodsport
Black Eagle
No Retreat No Surrender
Lionheart
Old 09-16-09, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Boogie Nights.

the day this title is announced, i'm going blu. this or Magnolia.
Old 09-16-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

M. Night Shyamalan's The Village is my most wanted Blu-ray at the moment. Still no announcement.

I also can't believe James Cameron's The Abyss and True Lies haven't been put on on Blu-ray. Neither of those even got anamorphic DVD's. What gives?
Old 09-16-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GenPion

I also can't believe James Cameron's The Abyss and True Lies haven't been put on on Blu-ray. Neither of those even got anamorphic DVD's. What gives?
True Lies - when it was released it was supposed to be an SE and ended up being a bare-bones non-anamorphic POS. Then a 5 star version was promised the following year and never showed up. After 9/11 all talk of doing anything with the movie including sequels disappeared.

One of my most wanted simply because it's a great flick that has never gotten a decent release.
Old 09-16-09, 03:16 PM

I would seriously murder for these-

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair
Once Upon a Time in the West
the Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood trilogy (packaged in 1 set)
Old 09-16-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Abyss apparently has an HD master that has been waiting for Cameron's approval. I guess when he's finished with Avatar he'll take a look at it. So, it's possible it could come out next year if he's satisfied.
Old 09-16-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drexl
The Abyss apparently has an HD master that has been waiting for Cameron's approval. I guess when he's finished with Avatar he'll take a look at it. So, it's possible it could come out next year if he's satisfied.
Let's hope so!
Old 09-18-09, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Timsterino
My most wanted includes:

TV:
Voyagers! (I would be happy even if it was released on just DVD)
Then, be happy now!

It was released on 7/17/07. Currently at $16.49.

http://www.amazon.com/Voyagers-Compl...3255161&sr=8-2

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.