Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

So my girlfriend gave me her brother's WWE Smackdown vs. Raw special edition PS3 set the other day. I know the game is garbage and the case is pretty to look at but worthless, but is the Blu-Ray included worth anything? It's "Best Of Smackdown vs. Raw" with a bunch of random matches from 2008. It's still sealed. Worth anything decent, or should I crack it open and watch it?
Old 10-21-10, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crack it open and watch it. I was able to pick one up recently for $15 on the bay. Nice Blu-Ray to add to the collection.
Old 10-21-10, 01:02 AM
Cool New Member

According to the ad in the new WWE magazine The John Cena Experience Blu-ray will have two bonus matches, Wrestlemania XXVI (that would be Batista) and 2009 Tribute to the Troops (I believe that would be against Jericho). Plus a never before seen Q&A from the Wrestlemania XXVI Fan Axxess.

And if you buy the DVD at FYE you can some Cena dog tags. Seriously, has anyone ever gotten excited about the inclusion of wrestling dog tags to a WWE DVD?
Old 10-21-10, 09:56 AM

This set is aimed at kids 6-14, so yeah I'd assume they enjoy the dog tags.
Old 10-21-10, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
So my girlfriend gave me her brother's WWE Smackdown vs. Raw special edition PS3 set the other day. I know the game is garbage and the case is pretty to look at but worthless, but is the Blu-Ray included worth anything? It's "Best Of Smackdown vs. Raw" with a bunch of random matches from 2008. It's still sealed. Worth anything decent, or should I crack it open and watch it?
These were selling on amazon about a month ago for $9 new so as far as $$$ goes, I doubt its worth alot but if you wanna sell it I would buy it for $10 shipped
Old 10-21-10, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
These were selling on amazon about a month ago for $9 new so as far as $$$ goes, I doubt its worth alot but if you wanna sell it I would buy it for $10 shipped
The Europe version is only £2 or so on Amazon UK if your intersted.
Old 10-22-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to let you guys know ROHWrestling is have a 40% off sale...

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tak...ff-your-order/

Ordered:

Champions' Challenge
Tag Wars 2010
Hardcore Justice (according to their site they have in stock ready to ship...official release is Nov. 2)
Old 10-22-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
Just to let you guys know ROHWrestling is have a 40% off sale...

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tak...ff-your-order/

Ordered:

Champions' Challenge
Tag Wars 2010
Hardcore Justice (according to their site they have in stock ready to ship...official release is Nov. 2)
I'd been waiting for a sale like that for a while. I ordered the same items you did plus the last 5 PWG shows they've got available. Total after discount came to $91.
Old 10-22-10, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I'd been waiting for a sale like that for a while. I ordered the same items you did plus the last 5 PWG shows they've got available. Total after discount came to $91.
Yes me too. Gotta catch up on my Kayfabe Commentaries titles. It seems like forever since they had a 40 or 50% off sale doesn't it?
Old 10-22-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Yes me too. Gotta catch up on my Kayfabe Commentaries titles. It seems like forever since they had a 40 or 50% off sale doesn't it?
It really does. I'm all caught up on ROH shows and all of the PWG shows they sell so the frequency doesn't bug me as much as it used to. Their sales in general have been a bit lacking recently, to be honest. I used to place 2 or 3 orders a month, but am now down to 1 a month.
Old 10-24-10, 10:09 AM

Anyone have any of the "... In Japan" dvds that are sold at Highspots? I"m thinking of making a nice purchase, getting the Hogan, Flair, Hall and NWA Title In Japan DVDs there. Eventually I'll get the rest of them, including the Bulldogs, Hart Family, Road Warriors, Vader, Sting, and Hansen.

Yeah any feedback is appreciated
Old 10-26-10, 10:35 PM

Picked up the Best of Smackdown 2009-2010 BD today, I was at Best Buy when it opened and they only ordered 2 copies. Yes, you read that right...TWO copies. Sadly WWE is keeping up the trend of not having any inserts in these sets, so no match listing of any kind. PQ & AQ is what you would expect from a WWE BD, so fantastic.
Old 10-26-10, 11:49 PM

Unfortunately no insert in the DVD set either.
Old 10-27-10, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Picked up the Best of Smackdown 2009-2010 BD today, I was at Best Buy when it opened and they only ordered 2 copies. Yes, you read that right...TWO copies. Sadly WWE is keeping up the trend of not having any inserts in these sets, so no match listing of any kind. PQ & AQ is what you would expect from a WWE BD, so fantastic.

Same here. I stopped after work at about 6 and saw only 2 copies. It is going to get to the point where the only place to find WWE DVDs is on Amazon.
Old 10-27-10, 07:19 AM

My Best Buy had like 4 copies of the DVD, and 6-7 BD's believe it or not. I buy sets like this to keep my collection complete, I'm really not a huge fan of the "Best of Raw/Smackdown" insert year here sets, that's why I bought the DVD and not Blu-Ray.

Here's November 2010's dvd release list
Nov 2nd:
WWE Hell In A Cell
TNA Hard(Core) Justice (2 disc)
Nov 16th:
John Cena Experience on DVD & BD
TNA Victory Road/No Surrender
Nov 23rd:
WWE Bragging Rights
Old 10-27-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered my copy of the Smackdown set from Wal-Mart. Them, Amazon and ROH are really the only wrestling dvd options left.
Old 10-28-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Walmart will be getting another exclusive DVD like with Legendary Moments, this time tied with Knucklehead:

When Knucklehead is released on DVD, it will be packaged in Wal-Mart with a second one hour DVD titled "WWE's Biggest Knuckleheads", which will feature "some of the WWE's biggest superstar bloopers and mishaps."

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/521...-news.html?p=1
Old 10-28-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's going on with these latest DVD sets not having inserts now? Is WWE cutting back?
Old 10-28-10, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No insert = no sale!
Old 10-28-10, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If the 2-pack of Knucklehead is $13 like Legendary was then I will pick it up and give the movie away as a gift and throw the bonus disc in my Blu-ray case of the movie like I did with the Legendary Moments DVD
Old 10-28-10, 08:24 PM

didn't you know, the mcmahon's are spending ten's of millions on a campaign there not going to win, instead of making great dvd's, signing big names for wrestlemania, and the list goes on
can everybody please stop watching wwe programming until vince starts focusing on his product, the guy doesn't even care anymore yet fans continue to watch what i think is the worst wwe's been in since i remember
Old 10-28-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
didn't you know, the mcmahon's are spending ten's of millions on a campaign there not going to win, instead of making great dvd's, signing big names for wrestlemania, and the list goes on
can everybody please stop watching wwe programming until vince starts focusing on his product, the guy doesn't even care anymore yet fans continue to watch what i think is the worst wwe's been in since i remember
If you'd pay any attention to the wrestling thread posted in the sports forum, you'd see that there are a lot of people who have essentially given up on the product. Again, I ask you to go there if you'd like to continue discussing the product.
Old 10-29-10, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
If you'd pay any attention to the wrestling thread posted in the sports forum, you'd see that there are a lot of people who have essentially given up on the product. Again, I ask you to go there if you'd like to continue discussing the product.
Whilst I agree with what you said, he was answering a question as to why WWE are cutting back by getting rid of the DVD inserts at the beggining of the post though. I guess he just got off track.
Old 10-29-10, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dillkid
Whilst I agree with what you said, he was answering a question as to why WWE are cutting back by getting rid of the DVD inserts at the beggining of the post though. I guess he just got off track.
No, I know that was his intention at the start. It's just every.single.post. he makes winds up leading to badmouthing the product. It's pretty much threadcrapping and I'm kind of burned out on his continuing to do it in this particular thread.
Old 10-29-10, 12:16 PM
Cool New Member

Hopefully the person that did the custom High Flyers inserts will do the same for the SmackDown/Cena sets.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.