Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 05-15-16, 06:10 PM
  #3526  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,433
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Remember, the only thing that's different between the two sets are just the cover arts as the contents to both series sets are still the same.
rmw650 is offline  
Old 05-16-16, 01:39 PM
  #3527  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy View Post
Best Buy puts all the wrestling Blus/DVDs at the end of the Action section, at least that's what they did at the store I go to.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out again later this week. I'll probably hit 1 or 2 other stores that are local.
GenericDVDs is offline  
Old 05-16-16, 01:41 PM
  #3528  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
Remember, the only thing that's different between the two sets are just the cover arts as the contents to both series sets are still the same.
Yeah. It's ok, I'm not going to open it anyway, I already have the blu ray. I'm a collector so I definitely need the variant.
GenericDVDs is offline  
Old 05-21-16, 12:48 PM
  #3529  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy View Post
Best Buy puts all the wrestling Blus/DVDs at the end of the Action section, at least that's what they did at the store I go to.
I wanna thank you for letting me know this, I was able to find the wrestling section in the 2nd store I went to, and I was able to pick up the Owen "deleted" dvd. Thanks!
GenericDVDs is offline  
Old 05-21-16, 03:22 PM
  #3530  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 366
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by GenericDVDs View Post
I wanna thank you for letting me know this, I was able to find the wrestling section in the 2nd store I went to, and I was able to pick up the Owen "deleted" dvd. Thanks!
No problemo. Glad I was able to help.
rhpsozzy is offline  
Old 06-06-16, 01:38 PM
  #3531  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,487
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The History of the WWE Hardcore Championship is coming on Sept 6th, very excited since these were some of my favorite matches and characters from the Attitude Era. I know there is supposed to be a bluray, but Amazon doesn't have the preorder up for it yet.
http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/114750/
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-History-Ha...af49fd745ca472
Bluelitespecial is offline  
Old 06-06-16, 07:29 PM
  #3532  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,433
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
The History of the WWE Hardcore Championship is coming on Sept 6th, very excited since these were some of my favorite matches and characters from the Attitude Era. I know there is supposed to be a bluray, but Amazon doesn't have the preorder up for it yet.
http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/114750/
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-History-Ha...af49fd745ca472
Looking forward to getting this myself when it comes out and the WWE should bring this title back as part of the new brand split happening next month.
rmw650 is offline  
Old 06-07-16, 04:45 PM
  #3533  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,487
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I don't know why the belt couldn't be brought back. I alway thought the violence was more cartoonish than realistic it could fit in with still being PG.
Bluelitespecial is offline  
Old 09-07-16, 05:18 PM
  #3534  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 7,487
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The history of the WWE hardcore championship is now out, I'll be getting my copy on bluray in the next few days. Also did anyone pickup the Attitude Era vol. 3? I have thought about it because I have the other two volumes, but reviews have said its mostly dark matches which I am not sure if I want to buy it.
Bluelitespecial is offline  
Old 09-07-16, 11:01 PM
  #3535  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,433
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
The history of the WWE hardcore championship is now out, I'll be getting my copy on bluray in the next few days. Also did anyone pickup the Attitude Era vol. 3? I have thought about it because I have the other two volumes, but reviews have said its mostly dark matches which I am not sure if I want to buy it.
If memory served me correctly, most of the matches were of hard camera angles and no commentary with the exception of one match throughout the entire DVD set, but it was nice to see stuff not airing on the TV in ages, despite the goofy camera angles these matches were shot in, but in some instances, that's probably what only exists of a wide range of these matches.
rmw650 is offline  
Old 01-16-17, 04:29 PM
  #3536  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 14,456
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

For anyone still interested in physical media, ROH is currently having their biggest sale ever. All ROH dvds are 50% off. For Ringside members, they are marked down to 65% off. I ordered 31 dvds, all of the shows released from 2016 to this point, for a total of $195. Impossible to pass that up.
EdTheRipper is offline  
Old 01-16-17, 07:44 PM
  #3537  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,433
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Just wanted to also say the new DDP DVD Set is now slated for release on 4/4/2017 and the RAW After Wrestlemania will be released on March 14th, according to wrestlingdvdnetwork.com and Kurt Angle has been announced as the first inductee to this year's HOF class of 2017
rmw650 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.