DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Shield complete series boxset?

Old 12-15-09, 06:31 AM

Re: The Shield complete series boxset?

I received my replacement sent yesterday. All discs are in perfect condition. The replacement sets now have a slip that covers each disc while in the page slot. Each slip unfolds (opens) so that you can not scratch the disc while placing it back in the book sleeve. Sorry, I'm at work so i can't post a picture.
Old 12-15-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I got it back too. They didn't change the box at all - like Mark says, they just put little taco-like paper sleeves around the discs that slide into their spots.
Old 12-18-09, 08:48 PM

I got mine back last week. All the discs were in perfect shape...except for the ones that got put in upside down. Those were trashed. Also one of the pages was torn when two of the discs were inserted incorrectly.

This really does suck.
Old 12-19-09, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mark Z View Post
I received my replacement sent yesterday. All discs are in perfect condition. The replacement sets now have a slip that covers each disc while in the page slot. Each slip unfolds (opens) so that you can not scratch the disc while placing it back in the book sleeve. Sorry, I'm at work so i can't post a picture.
Did you send in your entire box-set, or just the damaged discs?
Old 12-21-09, 07:01 AM

I sent in the entire box and they shipped a brand new set.
Old 12-21-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting. Has anyone heard if they're planning to start shipping new, corrected boxes to stores soon?
Old 12-25-09, 08:57 PM

Got a copy for Xmas, opened it to find every. single. disc scratched in some way. I got to the second disc, which froze and I've found adhesive on all but about 3 discs and huge scratches on a number. I emailed them about it, and hopefully they just send me a new set with the protective sleeves, because it would be more trouble than it's worth to send out all 28 discs without just putting them in a new package. Fuck, that's annoying. I actually (to my knowledge -- still only two seasons in after getting the set last year) didn't have a problem with my Sopranos complete series, but then at least that didn't completely surrond the discs and make them impossible to slip in and out of the case.
Old 01-10-10, 10:42 AM

I just picked up The Shield Complete Series set last night at Best Buy. The set I got came with the "taco" paper around each disc. Kind of annoying but necessary I guess.
Old 01-10-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by salami_sincere View Post
I just picked up The Shield Complete Series set last night at Best Buy. The set I got came with the "taco" paper around each disc. Kind of annoying but necessary I guess.
Seems like they must already have the new sets in stores. That's good for consumers who don't know any better.
Old 01-10-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is good news, though I wish there was a way to determine if the box set in store is part of a "new batch" of revised sets.
Old 01-11-10, 11:11 AM

Finally just got my replacement set from Fedex today. About a three week turnaround from the day I sent it back to them. Not bad. I was just starting to wonder when they'd finally get it back to me though.
Old 01-11-10, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006 View Post
This is good news, though I wish there was a way to determine if the box set in store is part of a "new batch" of revised sets.
Just noticed this, but inside of the shrinkwrap, there was a new UPC sticker over the top of the old UPC on the case. Thinking that could be a sign of the new versions? No guarantee of that though, just a theory.
Old 01-23-10, 09:41 PM

I sent them an email a little while back, they said they'd send me an email with info on how to send it back, and then I'll have to wait 3-5 weeks for a replacement.

They never emailed me back. so I sent them another email today. Is there any way to have them send it back in less than 3-5 weeks? That's pretty ridiculous.
Old 01-23-10, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by w211 beast View Post
I sent them an email a little while back, they said they'd send me an email with info on how to send it back, and then I'll have to wait 3-5 weeks for a replacement.

They never emailed me back. so I sent them another email today. Is there any way to have them send it back in less than 3-5 weeks? That's pretty ridiculous.
It's insane. It's 2010 and these goddamn companies STILL can't do any better? You can trade games to Amazon by mail and have your credit in under a week in most cases but a company as big as Sony can't manage REASONABLE turnaround times on remedying their constant packaging fuckups? If I were you, I'd be demanding the individual box sets or a refund so you can get them because they actually have proper packaging. The complete series set is a joke. This is half the reason I refuse to buy the complete box for MacGyver even though it's the only way to get the damn TV movies--the other half being that I already own the individual sets.

These companies should have to start doing recalls when they screw up discs and packaging. I'm tired of being afraid to buy certain titles because it's impossible to know if you're getting the fixed version or the original release. The stores should also take a degree a responsibility and send their entire lots back to demand fixed releases once they have to put up with so many customers returning the same thing for the same reason.

I still say anyone that waits for these companies' crazy turnaround times needs their head examined. Go back to the store you got it from and demand a refund. Get the store manager/director or the goddamn district manager if they give you trouble. Then either find the individual sets cheap or wait for them to go on sale. Either way, it's better than waiting on Sony.
Old 01-26-10, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For anyone interested, Amazon.com has fixed this issue. I got my set in the mail today.