Spiderman 3 ----> 10/30/07

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Spiderman 3 ----> 10/30/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-07, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMV here in Canada have been know to get some Target exclusives.. They got recent Family Guy season, Devil Wears Prada and Dreamgirls.. On hmv.ca, they list a 3 disc Spiderman 3 edition, so keep an eye out on Tues for us canucks up here..
Later
Old 10-28-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any type of fancy packaging sold in Canada will be ruined by that bilingual crap. No thanks, I'll stick to the standard U.S. 2 disc from Amazon. Hell it's cheaper to buy it that way now because of the exchange rates anyway.
Old 10-28-07, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Target is getting a 3-discer...

I saw that in Today's flyer, looks like that will be the version i pick up. I like the cover art much better than the standard two-disc version.
Old 10-28-07, 11:52 AM

MINE!!! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-28-07, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Target is getting a 3-discer...
Judging from its description in the flyer, that bonus 3rd disc doesn't sound like much. I'm on the fence about the artwork.
Old 10-28-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
I'm in for the 3 discer. Counting all the other releases and bonus discs, I'll have 11 discs relating to all 3 movies. Yikes.
Old 10-28-07, 09:51 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by JibbaJab
Judging from its description in the flyer, that bonus 3rd disc doesn't sound like much. I'm on the fence about the artwork.
Yeah, the cover art is nice but I don't really care about YouTube-esque clips of people playing with Spider-Man toys. I'll probably buy it anyways though.

Last edited by TRC; 10-28-07 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-29-07, 09:05 AM

Actually, I forgot. Best Buy has a Spider-Man mask as their exclusive. I want that for my improv troupe. "My name is Peter Par...er, I mean Spider-Man"
Old 10-29-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Any type of fancy packaging sold in Canada will be ruined by that bilingual crap. No thanks, I'll stick to the standard U.S. 2 disc from Amazon. Hell it's cheaper to buy it that way now because of the exchange rates anyway.
Yeah, the Future Shop Spider-Man 3 steelbook is the first one I've seen that actually has bilingual text on it. Up till now it was all English only. I guess the Honeymoon is over ...

I'll still end up picking up the steelbook though. The coverart is miles above the standard 2-disc, with its red, webbed border and all.
Old 10-29-07, 12:58 PM

I called a HMV and they confirm they will have a 3 disc edition.. For $32.99 CDN though.. I guess I'll be driving down to US this week to get it at Target..
Later
Old 10-29-07, 01:42 PM

A quick question regarding the Wal Mart exclusive: is there any possible way I can buy it, keep the comic book and return the single edition? I heard some people did that with the Hot Fuzz exclusive (the whole debate between fullscreen and widescreen). I would really love to have the comic and not have to buy the single disc edition. Help would be greatly appreciated. And does anyone have any more detailed info on the Target set? Thanks again.
Old 10-29-07, 02:52 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
does anyone have a close-up pic of the bilingualness on the Futureshop steelbook?
Old 10-29-07, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
Yeah, the Future Shop Spider-Man 3 steelbook is the first one I've seen that actually has bilingual text on it. Up till now it was all English only. I guess the Honeymoon is over ...

I'll still end up picking up the steelbook though. The coverart is miles above the standard 2-disc, with its red, webbed border and all.
One would think it would be easier and better for fans to keep the english-only case (judging from my RoboCop steelbook, the case is american-made) and add on that paper bilingual insert that looks like the steelbook back cover but isn't stuck to it. But no...bastards.

One thing I'm curious to find out is if the extras (like the "science of sound" featurette) are in 5.1, since they are in 5.1 on the Blu-Ray version according to reviews.
Old 10-29-07, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
One would think it would be easier and better for fans to keep the english-only case (judging from my RoboCop steelbook, the case is american-made) and add on that paper bilingual insert that looks like the steelbook back cover but isn't stuck to it. But no...bastards.

One thing I'm curious to find out is if the extras (like the "science of sound" featurette) are in 5.1, since they are in 5.1 on the Blu-Ray version according to reviews.
That featurette is in Dolby 5.1 on my region 3 dvd.
I don't think it will be any different on the region 1 release. All the other featurettes are in dolby 2.0

there is also an easter eggs on the making of a gag music track that was in the deleted scenes reel.
Old 10-29-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Yavin

Hi Yavin,

Are you referring the front cover of the Steelbook or the loose paper insert on the back?

300 is English on the front cover and spline. Loose paper insert is bilingual.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer did have a French sticker on the shrink wrap, English on the spline and a bilingual loose insert.

Superman Returns is bilingual on the front and rear cover, spline and the loose paper insert.
Old 10-29-07, 07:37 PM

If the promotional pictures floating around are any indication, then it's a bilingual steelbook, not the (best for all) paper back cover insert.
Old 10-30-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone please post pics and/or a description of the Target set? Thanks.
Old 10-30-07, 08:24 AM

Btw...there is a $3 off coupon from Papa John's if you buy one of their pizza's.
Old 10-30-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
Hi Yavin,

Are you referring the front cover of the Steelbook or the loose paper insert on the back?

300 is English on the front cover and spline. Loose paper insert is bilingual.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer did have a French sticker on the shrink wrap, English on the spline and a bilingual loose insert.

Superman Returns is bilingual on the front and rear cover, spline and the loose paper insert.
As Nick Martin also pointed out above, the images of the steelbook in the Future Shop flyer, online, and in stores all indicate that the bilingual text is actually printed on the front cover of the steelbook. I don't know about the text on the spine, as I believe all the promotional images have only featured head-on shots of the case. We'll find out today.
Old 10-30-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, anyone know what's on the 3rd disc of the 3-disc set from HMV?
Old 10-30-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Can someone please post pics and/or a description of the Target set? Thanks.
You get the widescreen two-disc set with slipcover - the third disc is crammed inside the case stuck to one of those stupid "blister cards" like the one Target used for their Surf's Up exclusive - and a 46-page booklet, both inside a five-sided box. The third disc is not what you could call impressive; the "On The Set" featurette (29:07) is heavy on clips from the movie and the first half uses some of the same footage as Wal-Mart's 2.1 exclusive "Villains of Spider-Man 3" DVD - at least this time the footage is 16:9. The "Spin Your Own Webisode" entries...not to piss on what was a labor of love for some of these guys, but I could only make it through one of them and even then I had to fast-forward. One's Spider-Man goofing around on his day off, one's a "Behind the Music" spoof, some are animated (and I use that term loosely), you get the idea. The booklet has about 20 pages of info you've heard before, 14 pictures and a lot of filler that anyone could have moused up from the IMDB. For $22.99, I wish I had gone with the regular version, but as long as my kids enjoy it I'll hang onto it.
Old 10-30-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Luther Heggs
For $22.99, I wish I had gone with the regular version, but as long as my kids enjoy it I'll hang onto it.
It would have been $22.99 if you got the regular two disc version...unless you mean you'd have gone with the single disc.
Old 10-30-07, 10:43 AM
Banned

Another day of low expectation exclusives, when will we ever learn? Personally I bought the regular 2 disk set and that's enough for me. Let the others go buy the 2 different spiderman masks at BB (what junk they were), lame cd bonus at CC and whatever else trash stores are passing off as exclusives. I am growing very tired of all this exclusive crap, especially the toys.
Old 10-30-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Willh51
It would have been $22.99 if you got the regular two disc version...unless you mean you'd have gone with the single disc.
No, I mean the 3-disc version was $22.99, and if I'd known the extras were so unimpressive, I'd have gone with the 2-disc set.
Old 10-30-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Luther Heggs
No, I mean the 3-disc version was $22.99, and if I'd known the extras were so unimpressive, I'd have gone with the 2-disc set.
Um...the 2-Disc set is selling for $22.99-$24.99 at most places. So, the Target 3-Disc set, with the better looking cover, book, and bonus disc, is a better deal, anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.