Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received The Rock: Just Bring It! 2 disc Collector's Edition factory sealed and it didn't have an insert, strange since it was released in 2002 and every DVD released that year had one, but this didn't, and it also had the security seals so it wasn't opened and reshrinkwrapped or anything.

For anyone that has the dvd, did any of yours have an insert??

Last edited by sg2386; 05-24-07 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-24-07, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
I just received The Rock: Just Bring It! 2 disc Collector's Edition factory sealed and it didn't have an insert, strange since it was released in 2002 and every DVD released that year had one, but this didn't, and it also had the security seals so it wasn't opened and reshrinkwrapped or anything.

For anyone that has the dvd, did any of yours have an insert??
I just got mine from HighSpots last week without an insert, however I think they reshrink wrapped it. Not 100% on that tho.
Old 05-24-07, 01:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I got mine yesterday from highspots. I wonder why there is a sudden run...

Anyhow, in their description, is states:
Resealed- This DVD was opened by the manufacturer, insert taken out and resealed. The DVD and Cover are original. It was re-shrinkwrapped.
Old 05-24-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by seltzer77
I got mine yesterday from highspots. I wonder why there is a sudden run...

Anyhow, in their description, is states:
Resealed- This DVD was opened by the manufacturer, insert taken out and resealed. The DVD and Cover are original. It was re-shrinkwrapped.
I got mine from ebay and it stated it was factory sealed and it arrived today with all the security seals and when i opened there was no insert.

O well, not really a big deal, just was curious since all of the 2002 WWE dvds included inserts (except No Way Out 2002)
Old 05-24-07, 01:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the insterts were taken out because they might've had the old WWF scratch logo on them.
Old 05-24-07, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
I got mine from ebay and it stated it was factory sealed and it arrived today with all the security seals and when i opened there was no insert.

O well, not really a big deal, just was curious since all of the 2002 WWE dvds included inserts (except No Way Out 2002)
Mine had Security Seals too!
Old 05-24-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by throwback
That's not it that's the match listing paper insert. Here's the lenticular card inserted on HBK: From the Vault DVD for your reference & xage too

Sweet Looking. I can't for the life of me remember a lenticular being offered. What store was that exclusive too?
Old 05-24-07, 05:11 PM

Speaking on the Rock Just Bring It! 2 dvd set. i just checked mine. i bought it the day it was released and it DOES HAVE an insert.
Old 05-24-07, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by egotistical
my girlfriend went to wal mart last night, i told her to buy me the wrestlemania 23 set with the shawn michaels dvd. she got there and called me, said there was no shawn michaels dvd with it. i will not be buying wrestlemania 23 at wal mart...
I just came home from Wal-Mart and they had the 2 disc set packaged by it's self for $19.96 and they also had the 2 disc set packaged with the Shawn Michaels dvd for $19.96. The 3 disc set was $27.96. Kind of steep for the 3 disc, but I'll be getting it.
Old 05-24-07, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Sweet Looking. I can't for the life of me remember a lenticular being offered. What store was that exclusive too?
Bought it at FYE dude a couple years ago when it was released, Also This Post will Cemented me as a Wrestling Zombie...My Newest Pickup:

WWEShop Exclusive Limited Edition Wrestlemania Anthology Leather DVD Box Set

Vince Signing the DVD Boxset

Limited Edition to 1000, Autographed by: Vince Mcmahon & C.O.A. by Linda Mcmahon

WM X-7 Film Cel Senitype Autographed by: Triple H

Two of My Precious Gem from my Collection: Autographed Wrestlemania Anthology Boxsets

Last edited by throwback; 05-24-07 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-24-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Very, VERY cool throwback...

Quick question, i'm just now going through my 2003 DVD PPV collection and everything aside from the 2003 Royal Rumble is missing an insert. (i'm up to July) A couple of them have an advertisement for other DVD's but no match or special feature listing. I bought all these when they were discounted to $12.99 at FYE last fall...were these a second run minus an insert?
Old 05-24-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by throwback
Ah, The Ltd Leather Bound Mania Anthology. Not a week goes by without me cursing myself for passing that sum-bitch up. No idea why I did, but I did. To later find out they also had the senitype autographed w/o advertising it on the site, did not help matters.
Old 05-25-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Before you raise a topic, please may I ask.. try to research.

Look at this statement, do you think you are believable stating that the Walmart exclusive is a turn off?

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
Why would anyone who already has those discs want to repurchase them through Wal Mart? If anything, its more of a turn off.
And, look how you backed it up.. 95%? of WWE DVD Collectors? Would you happen to have a basis for that? 95% is a huge percentage.

I would bet 95% of WWE DVD Collectors have the Vault DVD, especially long . Something more exclusive would definitely get more people to go to Wal Mart to purchase it. I purchased the Best Buy Ultimate Edition, because I wanted an Ultimate Edition with all the extra's. I also purchased the Blockbuster two disc edition for the extra's on that. If Wal Mart offered something more exclusive then a previously released DVD, I would have easily went there for the ultimate edition, or 2 disc edition or purchased it in addition to my other two purchases.
Now, dont tell me the 95% of wrestling DVD collectors is as dumbfounded as you not knowing what the insert is? I mean it was previously stated that there was a Lenticular insert for the HBK Vault DVD.

Is that the insert with the listings of what is on the disc? If so, let me know and I'll take a photo of it and post it.

See... how you closed your statement. Do you you think with your four consecutive "inconsistent" statement make your posts believable/credible in terms of your findings in the world of Wrestling DVD collection?

Um, mine does not have that! I wonder why, quite upset now!

To close... is this your collection? 95% of which has no actual photos

http://www.digitizethis.net/phpdvdpr...p?collection=0

anyways..

Oh... I hope the 95% wrestling dvd collectors backed you up
Old 05-25-07, 01:27 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I don't think it was exclusive to anyone - the original commercial for that DVD had a quick snippet advertising the lenticular card. I purchased mine though BestBuy.com at its release and got the card.

The original run had an insert - purchased mine at Sam Goody in January of '03 and got the insert. It's very plain and I would guess it's using the same template as the one-disc release, but adding a sidebar where the Disc 2 extras were listed.

Last edited by bravesfan; 05-25-07 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-25-07, 07:29 AM

Dude, we're all here for good fun and good conversation on Wrestling DVD's. Excuse me for speaking my opinion on the Wal Mart pack, and I'll stand by it because that's how I feel. They would get more people buying their release, if it was with a previously unreleased DVD.

And I was not nearly as serious in collecting WWF/E DVD's the way I am now, when the From the Vault disc was released. I wasn't on top of the exclusives and all that sort of stuff back then. Which is why for the last year or so I've been trying to catch up on some early releases. And if I recall, I didn't purchase the From the Vault as soon as it came out, I think I waited and received it for Christmas.

Originally Posted by xage

Look at this statement, do you think you are believable stating that the Walmart exclusive is a turn off?

And, look how you backed it up.. 95%? of WWE DVD Collectors? Would you happen to have a basis for that? 95% is a huge percentage.

Now, dont tell me the 95% of wrestling DVD collectors is as dumbfounded as you not knowing what the insert is? I mean it was previously stated that there was a Lenticular insert for the HBK Vault DVD.

See... how you closed your statement. Do you you think with your four consecutive "inconsistent" statement make your posts believable/credible in terms of your findings in the world of Wrestling DVD collection?

anyways..

Last edited by ThomaMon; 05-25-07 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-25-07, 07:30 AM

No actual photos? That's a program I use to catalog all of my DVD's, and I just went through and randomly clicked on a bunch of DVD's, and each one that I did came up with a photo.

I'm sorry I upset you, again I'm just hear for the great conversation and discussion on this hobby of mine. I'm not really sure why your attacking my opinion like this, but if I did something to offend you or upset you, I'm truly sorry.

And I never claimed to be an expert, just a collector.

EDIT: I just went through the site where my collection is posted, and clicked starting at the top. I never really paid attention to how many images were or were not there. I dind't realize so many weren't there, I may have to start scanning and fix that now.

Last edited by ThomaMon; 05-25-07 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-25-07, 09:29 AM

anyways...

I wonder if discussions on stamp collecting forums get this heated. Maybe us wrestling fans are just macho testosterone fueled madmen.
Old 05-25-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95% of people on this forum really didn't care, xage.

= J
Old 05-25-07, 10:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tarantino
95% of people on this forum really didn't care, xage.

= J
Absolutely right....I wish some people would just go away and crawl back under their rock...
Old 05-25-07, 10:59 AM
Banned

OK people. This is why the other guy who started the last thread got pissed and deleted it. I'm not going to do the same, but i'm going to report to the mods if somebody gets the discussion out of topic again. This is for wrestling DVD discussion, not a pissing match. Xage, you have been a longtime contributor to the thread, so please stop it there. The same goes to ThomaMon.

Now, back to our schedule programing.
Old 05-25-07, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
OK people. This is why the other guy who started the last thread got pissed and deleted it. I'm not going to do the same, but i'm going to report to the mods if somebody gets the discussion out of topic again. This is for wrestling DVD discussion, not a pissing match. Xage, you have been a longtime contributor to the thread, so please stop it there. The same goes to ThomaMon.

Now, back to our schedule programing.
I didn't start it, I was just answering his comments after he decided to over analyze everything I said. As I said in my previous post, I enjoy this thread for what it is and have no clue why he attacked me. But no problem here, I was just responding because I didn't appreciate his comments towards me. As far as I am concerned, it is dropped(And never should of started in the first place).

I wouldn't of posted this here, but I found no way to contact you privately about the matter. And it really bugged me, that I was attacked and answered in a fair, un-attacking response only to be warned for it. Anyway, I am done and you won't hear from me again on the subject now that it is off my chest.
Old 05-25-07, 11:25 AM

just stop it!

now on topic, anybody seen the 2001 viewers choice dvd? is it worth?
Old 05-25-07, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JAROTO
just stop it!

now on topic, anybody seen the 2001 viewers choice dvd? is it worth?
Very good question, I just recently missed purchasing one through Amazon for $60.00. By the time I had the money, I guess the seller selling it had already sold it.

Here is the match listing, but I think you've already seen it

Royal Rumble Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match (Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho).

No Way Out 2-Out-Of-3 Falls Match (Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Triple H).

Wrestlemania X-7 TLC 2 Match (Edge & Christian vs Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz)

Wrestlemania X-7 (Triple H vs Undertaker).

Wrestlemania X-7 Championship Match (The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin).

Raw May 21 Tag Team Championship Match (Stone Cold Steve Austin & Triple H vs Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit).

King Of The Ring Street Fight (Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon)

Invasion Hardcore Championship (Jeff Hardy vs Rob Van Dam)

No Mercy 1st Ever Lingerie Match (Torrie Wilson vs Stacy Keibler).

Survivor Series Winner - Take - All Elimination Match (Team WWF vs Team Alliance)
Old 05-25-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is a question that is on the topic of wrestling DVDs. With something like the Viewer's Choice DVD mentioned above or the up-coming Ladder Match DVD, that is a comp of matches that for the most part have aired on a PPV or TV, if you have all the matches already do you still buy the DVD just to have it? Or do you only buy DVDs that have matches you don't already have?

Bob
Old 05-25-07, 01:02 PM

anyone here into ring of honor?
i got almost all of their dvd's.
some of the best wrestling around!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.