Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread

Old 05-23-07, 09:58 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
Nahh, I think they would still sell more. Walmart's offer with its Wrestlemania23 aint that different with their offer of Wrestlemania22 last year when they have Rey 619 DVD in-packed with it.

at $19.99 havine 4 disc inside for WM23/HBK Vault.. thats satisfactory deal already
Why would anyone who already has those discs want to repurchase them through Wal Mart? If anything, its more of a turn off.
ThomaMon is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 10:22 AM
  #27  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,974
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think is even stupid to produce 2 different versions of a wrestling DVD, specially of such a big event as Wrestlemania. Right now, the wrestling fanbase is the rabid, loyal fans and they'll buy the best version available of the DVD.
dx23 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 10:23 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
So is the Royal Rumble Anthology out of print now? Do we know for SURE that they're going to split it up into groups?
I couldn't say for certain. But, I would be surprised if they didn't. Each individual volume has it's own bar code printed on the back just like the Wrestlemania volumes.
lastofthewild1s is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 12:17 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They'd be crazy not to get the Rumble Anthology back out there by Christmas time...especially in the individual sets.
dadaluholla is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 12:24 PM
  #30  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
I think is even stupid to produce 2 different versions of a wrestling DVD, specially of such a big event as Wrestlemania. Right now, the wrestling fanbase is the rabid, loyal fans and they'll buy the best version available of the DVD.
Are you kidding me? Wrestling zombies will be EVERY version that comes out, have you seen the post with like 5 versions one person bought? There are people who buy everything and the WWE knows this....IMO it is a waste of money, buy one set and be happy....And OPEN it and enjoy it!
Wildo1966 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 12:41 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish Canadian blockbusters carry the exclusive DVDs like Royal Rumble 2007, No Way Out 2007, and WM23. Can't find any of them here.
sg2386 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 12:44 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Are you kidding me? Wrestling zombies will be EVERY version that comes out, have you seen the post with like 5 versions one person bought? There are people who buy everything and the WWE knows this....IMO it is a waste of money, buy one set and be happy....And OPEN it and enjoy it!
I have to agree. It reminds me of the comic book market back in the early 90's. When people were buying multiple copies of every slightly different cover variation they could find, bagged with trading cards, posters, etc...and we all know where those early 90's comics are now. In the bargain bins.

I guess we all have our obsessions though, so if you need to own a couple hundred dollars worth of one dvd release, then go for it!
dadaluholla is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 01:20 PM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 499
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just say.. loving the new thread!

Nice to know we can discuss TNA,ROH and other DVDs also.
bodomnet is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 01:33 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since TNA Turning Point 2006 is a Best Buy exclusive, are they still selling it??? I noticed on ebay that sellers are listing it at $40+, and saying it hard to find now, were Best Buy just selling it on release date and now its out of print??
sg2386 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 03:29 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,934
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by throwback
Here for your reference dude.


IMO it's exactly the same senitype look that was packaged w/ the Anthology box sets,but this one's different since it's WM3 piper & adonis match.
Thanks!! It's pretty cool. This should make the CC one the best version (I already have the Vault DVD and it's autographed by HBK).
Class316 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 03:48 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 7,061
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that guy was such a little bitch for deleting that thread.
Quack is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 04:23 PM
  #37  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: tennessee
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to anyone that has the wal mart special with the shawn michaels dvd, is it pretty entertaining? i've never been keen on buying specialty dvd's just about a certain wrestler. although shawn is a favorite of mine, i still usually get bored with all of the dialogue that comes with these dvds.
egotistical is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 04:36 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,516
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by sg2386
since TNA Turning Point 2006 is a Best Buy exclusive, are they still selling it??? I noticed on ebay that sellers are listing it at $40+, and saying it hard to find now, were Best Buy just selling it on release date and now its out of print??
I saw that on Ebay myself. Best Buy is still offering this disc on their website for $14.99 so it's out there.
EdTheRipper is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 06:42 PM
  #39  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by egotistical
to anyone that has the wal mart special with the shawn michaels dvd, is it pretty entertaining? i've never been keen on buying specialty dvd's just about a certain wrestler. although shawn is a favorite of mine, i still usually get bored with all of the dialogue that comes with these dvds.
The matches on the HBK dvd are awesome. (Wrestling Observer ratings)

1. The Rockers vs. Doug Somers & Buddy Rose (AWA 9/2/1986)
2. HBK vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match - Mania X) (*****)
3. HBK vs. Bret (Marathon Match - Mania XII) (**** 1/4)
4. HBK vs. Diesel (No Holds Barred - IYH7) (**** 1/2)
5. HBK vs. Mankind (IYH10) (**** 3/4)
6. HBK vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell - IYH18) (*****)
7. HBK vs. HHH (Street Fight - Slam02) (**** 1/2)

In terms of match quality, it might be the greatest DVD ever produced.
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 06:46 PM
  #40  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,705
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afcchamp88
The matches on the HBK dvd are awesome. (Wrestling Observer ratings)

1. The Rockers vs. Doug Somers & Buddy Rose (AWA 9/2/1986)
2. HBK vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match - Mania X) (*****)
3. HBK vs. Bret (Marathon Match - Mania XII) (**** 1/4)
4. HBK vs. Diesel (No Holds Barred - IYH7) (**** 1/2)
5. HBK vs. Mankind (IYH10) (**** 3/4)
6. HBK vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell - IYH18) (*****)
7. HBK vs. HHH (Street Fight - Slam02) (**** 1/2)

In terms of match quality, it might be the greatest DVD ever produced.
Sorry, I disagree with it since they will producing another Shawn Michaels set in the UK that will come here and it could be the greatest DVD ever produced for Shawn Michaels
DVDFreaker is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 06:47 PM
  #41  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this in the other thread, no one responded or gave any feedback, but this is what I use to keep track of matches and releases. It also has a checklist. It is 95% complete, any help would be great. It is a several sheet spreadsheet. I like it, you probably will too if you actually download it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fj1jwn
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:01 PM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Sorry, I disagree with it since they will producing another Shawn Michaels set in the UK that will come here and it could be the greatest DVD ever produced for Shawn Michaels
If they do, great. But it's not out yet, therefore I stand by my comment. We can revisit this topic when we get a matchlist ;-)
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:06 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afcchamp88
I posted this in the other thread, no one responded or gave any feedback, but this is what I use to keep track of matches and releases. It also has a checklist. It is 95% complete, any help would be great. It is a several sheet spreadsheet. I like it, you probably will too if you actually download it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fj1jwn
I notice your missing the Best of 2001 DVD.
ThomaMon is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:09 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afcchamp88
I posted this in the other thread, no one responded or gave any feedback, but this is what I use to keep track of matches and releases. It also has a checklist. It is 95% complete, any help would be great. It is a several sheet spreadsheet. I like it, you probably will too if you actually download it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fj1jwn
Also, your release date for the Hogan Anthology is wrong, and you don't have the Piper DVD listed.
ThomaMon is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:09 PM
  #45  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomaMon
I notice your missing the Best of 2001 DVD.
I have it on the list, but I don't have a match breakdown for a lot of the exclusives yet. The exclusives match breakdown section needs work. I need to know which matches are complete and which are jip for the Best of 2001, because, unfortunately, I don't have it.
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:11 PM
  #46  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomaMon
Also, your release date for the Hogan Anthology is wrong, and you don't have the Piper DVD listed.
I need to get Piper, the AWA and the Extreme Rules added to the matchlist. What is the anthology release date?
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:27 PM
  #47  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are these all the Exclusives that have bonus footage? (??? Means I don't know where they came from). What all is on the Trish bonus disc?

Best of 2001 - Viewer's Choice (???)
Wrestlemania X8 (3 disc ???)
Judgment Day 2002 (Shopzone)
Vengeance 2002 (Shopzone)
Trish Stratus bonus disc (???)
Triple H - That Damn Good (Media Play)
WWE Salute to the Troops (WM & FYE)
$250,000 RAW Diva Search (FYE)
$1,000,000 Tough Enough (FYE)
RAW Homecoming (WM)
Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior: CE (FYE)
D-Generation X (BB & Shopzone)
Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology: Bonus disc of matches (WM)
Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology: Bonus disc of Hogan Knows Best (???)
Born to Controversy - Roddy Piper Story: Bonus disc of Pits (CC)
Kane - Journey to Hell (FYE)
Royal Rumble 2007 (BBV)
No Way Out 2007 (BBV)
Wrestlemania 23 (BBV)
afcchamp88 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:55 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,325
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sg2386
since TNA Turning Point 2006 is a Best Buy exclusive, are they still selling it??? I noticed on ebay that sellers are listing it at $40+, and saying it hard to find now, were Best Buy just selling it on release date and now its out of print??
I went today to pick up Wrestlemania and my Best Buy had one copy for $14.99 so I picked it up. The TNA wrestling online store doesn't have it listed. I would just check around random Best Buys.
cerial442 is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 07:56 PM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afcchamp88
I have it on the list, but I don't have a match breakdown for a lot of the exclusives yet. The exclusives match breakdown section needs work. I need to know which matches are complete and which are jip for the Best of 2001, because, unfortunately, I don't have it.
Sorry, must've missed it!
ThomaMon is offline  
Old 05-23-07, 08:00 PM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afcchamp88
I need to get Piper, the AWA and the Extreme Rules added to the matchlist. What is the anthology release date?
I must be wrong, I've looked it up in 3 places and they all have the same date. I do not remember it coming out a month before Piper's. My memory is really going. Sorry about that.
ThomaMon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.