Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Does anyone know of a good indepth website that covers all the WWF/WWE DVD releases with easter eggs, match listings, extras, etc?
Old 05-30-07, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Quack
Does anyone know of a good indepth website that covers all the WWF/WWE DVD releases with easter eggs, match listings, extras, etc?
www.pwinsider.com . They have an in-depth section of easter eggs. As for match listings and extras, well you got me. Probably a good dvd e-talier like dvdempire.com.
Old 05-30-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

try www.highspots.com
Old 05-30-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the help dx, worked well.
Old 05-30-07, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is one coming soon, for all wrestling DVD's.

Do we have any TNA Collectors out there that can help with that portion of the site?
Old 05-30-07, 09:39 PM
Suspended

for reference & exclusive WWE DVD's check clarkie's WWEDVDINFO.CO.UK. too bad the site & forum are dead already. I used to head & moderate the wwe Region 1 exclusives Information on that site.

Originally Posted by afcchamp88
Keep in mind if your Blockbuster doesn't have a copy, you can just order a copy and it'll be there in a couple of days. Everyone's driving around, people were having other people pick them up a copy of the Rumble because their local one didn't have it. Pretty easy solution. It still comes from Blockbuster, it still has the bonus disc.
Dude It only applies with wide release DVDs. Sadly Limited Exclusive DVDs like the 2007 Blockbuster WWE PPV releases is excluded from it w/c is odd IMO.

sad but true...

Last edited by throwback; 05-30-07 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-30-07, 10:19 PM

Someone has a sealed copy of the 2 disc Blockbuster No Way Out starting at $70 on that internet auction website that DVD Talk Forum HATES us to mention. I saw one of those myself tonight when I went out and bought the exclusive Backlash. I may go buy that and sit on it for a while.
Old 05-30-07, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Like i said on my last post blockbuster exclusive wwe dvd's are hard to come by anyways here's My New Pickup: BlockBuster Exclusive Backlash 2007

Originally Posted by sg2386
what was the bonus on the 3rd disc of Wrestlemania X8 DVD??? never seen the 3 disc version of WMX8
Wrestlemania X8 3 Disk Edition Reference Pic:

Of course no matter how good that wrestlemania was, But this said OOP DVD's by far the greatest IMO:
Old 05-30-07, 11:22 PM

What's up with the back of the Backlash dvd? I thought I got a messed up one because the color was so awful, but yours looks the same. Looks like they ran out of red ink. It might be the worst back I've ever seen.
Old 05-31-07, 12:07 AM

Throwback, you are indeed right. Blockbuster does not reserve or order if the stock/s they have on hand is/are of limited quantity (past examples were: AVP bust, Disney TIN Cars, Evil Dead THX, Over the Hedge TIN - and all are limited). I dont know why other members still tries to mislead others to think that there is an "easy solution???" where reality is none.

Originally Posted by throwback
Keep in mind if your Blockbuster doesn't have a copy, you can just order a copy and it'll be there in a couple of days. Everyone's driving around, people were having other people pick them up a copy of the Rumble because their local one didn't have it. Pretty easy solution. It still comes from Blockbuster, it still has the bonus disc.
Dude It only applies with wide release DVDs. Sadly Limited Exclusive DVDs like the 2007 Blockbuster WWE PPV releases is excluded from it w/c is odd IMO.

sad but true...

Like what I posted, this is the first time I noticed that Blockbuster Corporate and franchisee chains sells at most only "1" per store for the following list below:

Originally Posted by xage
This had been going on since the re-instatement of WWE PayPerView Rental (which was absent by the way for more than 3yrs) in Blockbuster Video Chains...

Blockbuster Corporate initiated the move on promoting a chase version to "brand new items" some corporate outlets do not carry more than "5" sealed and most carry only "1" sealed DVDs.

Most Blockbuster Franchisee dont even have a "Sealed" with Security Sticker Copies for sale as all are for rent.

around 10copies for rent in Corporates and around 5copies for rent in franchisees.

That is why for serious "collectors" .. the following are valuable & RARE if "SEALED" and "with Security Stickers" (below is the partial listing and information - soon to follow).

- Royal Rumble 2007 (UPC:651191946105 Spine/Security Sticker #WWE94610)
- No Way Out 2007 (UPC:651191946112 Spine/Security Sticker #WWE94611)
- Wrestlemania 23 (UPC:651191946136 - Spine/Security Sticker #WWE9613)
- Backlash 2007 (UPC: 651191946143 - Spine/Security Sticker #WWE9614)

If you may, were the sealed copies for sale from your Blockbuster for the said Exclusive DVDs only and if not limited to "1"?

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
Someone has a sealed copy of the 2 disc Blockbuster No Way Out starting at $70 on that internet auction website that DVD Talk Forum HATES us to mention. I saw one of those myself tonight when I went out and bought the exclusive Backlash. I may go buy that and sit on it for a while.

I would highly appreciate if there are other members here who can put corrections to my findings.

Last edited by xage; 05-31-07 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 02:09 AM

Talk of the FYE Trish DVD w/ bobblehead reminded me that I purchased a dvd from Sam Goody about 4 years ago that came packaged with a Hollywood Hogan bobblehead. For the life of me I can not remember which dvd it was, but I am 90% sure it was Rebellion 2002. It came packaged in a clear blister pack and then shrink-wrapped to the the dvd. The photo of the bobblehead is below, its about 4 inches tall. It bothers me that I cant remember which dvd it came with!

Old 05-31-07, 02:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
Talk of the FYE Trish DVD w/ bobblehead reminded me that I purchased a dvd from Sam Goody about 4 years ago that came packaged with a Hollywood Hogan bobblehead. For the life of me I can not remember which dvd it was, but I am 90% sure it was Rebellion 2002. It came packaged in a clear blister pack and then shrink-wrapped to the the dvd. The photo of the bobblehead is below, its about 4 inches tall. It bothers me that I cant remember which dvd it came with!

Almost sure it was the Hulk Still Rules DVD.
Old 05-31-07, 02:28 AM
Suspended

It's Hulk Hogan Hulk Still rules 2 Disc w/ Forceable Entry CD Sampler bought it also at Sam goody.

I Posted reference pictures a couple years ago on my WFIGS & WWEDVDINFO collection thread this will help you l8nerduke.

Pic Reference:
Hulk Still Rules (SamGoody Store Exclusive Bobblehead)

@Xage: you are right dude i travelled to 5 blockbuster videos to get a royal rumble dvd last february, no wonder those exclusive dvd's are scarce since they're 1 per F'N store & their not easy to come by IMHO.

Last edited by throwback; 05-31-07 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 04:29 AM

It's Hulk Hogan Hulk Still rules 2 Disc w/ Forceable Entry CD Sampler bought it also at Sam goody.

I Posted reference pictures a couple years ago on my WFIGS & WWEDVDINFO collection thread this will help you l8nerduke.

Pic Reference:
Hulk Still Rules (SamGoody Store Exclusive Bobblehead)

@Xage: you are right dude i travelled to 5 blockbuster videos to get a royal rumble dvd last february, no wonder those exclusive dvd's are scarce since they're 1 per F'N store & their not easy to come by IMHO.
Wow, what is that Hulk Hogan, The Man, The Myth, The Legend?

Your collection is very impressive Throwback. I am curious, do you keep everything sealed? Or do you purchase two of everything?

Also, do you have a photo of the Trish DVD with the bonus DVD and bobble head?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-07, 07:21 AM
Banned

I just looked at the ladder match listings and I was suprised to find out that Bret was in a ladder match, I never knew Bret was in a ladder match
Old 05-31-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Hulk Hogan bobblehead came attached to a couple different WWE DVDs in the Sam Goody I used to buy my DVDs from. Their was also a Rock bobblehead that was
attached to a couple of different DVDs. You can see it next to my monitor in this picture.

Bob
Old 05-31-07, 08:13 AM

If onpack WWE DVD exclusive is concern nothing can beat the 2004 Bestbuy Exclusive of The Rise & Fall of ECW

Old pic I have of the said Limited Set:

Originally Posted by thejakeb
i dont think ive ever seen this dvd posted on here before

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...3/IMG_1878.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...3/IMG_1885.jpg

http://www.wfigs.proboards48.com/ind...e=1#1177278001

this is the only info i could find about them

They only avaible in Europe.
The DVD's are from Silvervision
RVD at Jakks (not sure, but they show RVD all figures from him, and they show how to make a figure (with Real-Scan and others.)
Promos (Mr.Kennedy, Benoit and many many more.
Matches ( RR 2006 Cruiserweight Challenge and more)
Old 05-31-07, 08:27 AM

sad but true...
The lady at my store couldn't find any Backlashes yesterday, so I asked if I could order one, and it if the bonus disc would come with it, she said yes, she had ordered a No Way Out for someone after they had sold out of them and it did come with it. But the other manager overheard us and knew where the Backlashes were (they were in a different part of the store than normal) and got me one, so I didn't put it to the test.

If you go to Blockbuster online, add Backlash to your cart to buy:
http://www.blockbuster.com/catalog/m...ditions/342783
it says 2 discs. I haven't ordered it from them, because I haven't needed to, but there's nothing from my conversation with the manager and trying to order it through the website that leads me to think you can't. Where did you hear you couldn't?
Old 05-31-07, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I just looked at the ladder match listings and I was suprised to find out that Bret was in a ladder match, I never knew Bret was in a ladder match
It's a pretty good match, it's for the IC title, it was on Smack 'Em Whack 'Em Coliseum tape that featured a segment on Bret that included his title win over Flair. According to Bret, he brought the idea of the ladder to Vince, as they had done them in Calgary a lot (one from Calgary is the opening match on the set). Bret was of the understanding that he would be in the first high profile one, but was misled when Shawn, having done the one with Bret convinced Vince to make it him and Razor. That's all according to Bret, so it could be BS.

Last edited by afcchamp88; 05-31-07 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 08:57 AM
Banned

It's a pretty good match, it's for the IC title, it was on Smack 'Em Whack 'Em Coliseum tape that featured a segment on Bret that included his title win over Flair. According to Bret, he brought the idea of the ladder to Vince, as they had done them in Calgary a lot (one from Calgary is the opening match on the set). Bret was of the understanding that he would be in the first high profile one, but was misled when Shawn, having done the one with Bret convinced Vince to make it him and Razor. That's all according to Bret, so it could be BS.
Very interesting, thanks
Old 05-31-07, 10:42 AM

Does anyone want to share any pics of the actual second discs of these Blockbuster PPV exclusive releases?…any screen shots of the second disc menus would also be greatly appreciated. Just interested to see how these things look…

also for anyone who has the two disc version of WrestleMania 23 …did they split up the event the same way they did on the Ultimate Version, with just the Cena/Michaels match on the second disc. Just curious…

Last edited by fyebonusdisc; 05-31-07 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i want to buy the No Way Out 2007 blockbuster exclusive DVD but i don't think its worth to spend $50 on it. Someone on that auction site (i am not if i am allowed to say it) has a brand new sealed No Way Out 2007 blockbuster DVD with a starting bid of 49.99, the seller even has the price sticker on it saying 14.99, which is a pretty big turn off for me, also another seller is listing it for $70.

I haven't seen the Royal Rumble 07 Blockbuster exclusive (saw it one time with a price of $90), WM23 and Backlash one on that auction site either.
Old 05-31-07, 01:01 PM

If they can't order more of thos Backlash dvd's for Blockbuster, someone is going to be pissed. I went there last night looking for it and they had none for sale out on the floor. One of the clerks checked their computer's inventory and said they had one listed in stock. He goes back and opens a cupboard behind the counter and finds it. An employee had it held back for themselves. The clerk I was dealing with told me the situation and said he was going to just sell it to me. That employee may be a bit pissed.
Old 05-31-07, 01:17 PM

Here's a question for you collector's I am curious about.

When you purchase a set, do you open it or keep it seeled? And to follow up on that do you just collect it for the purpose of collecting? How do you watch it if you keep them seeled?
Old 05-31-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get why these WWE Blockbuster exclusive DVDs apply to Canada as well?!?!

I went to like 4 Blockbusters last week and they had none and the clerks knew nothing about it. Its funny that out of the 4 Blockbusters i saw like 1-2 WWE dvds in each store, and all of them included Backlash 2006, the blockbusters here have the worst selection of WWE dvds.

I remember they used to have a great number of sealed WWF DVDs back in 2001-2002, and i used to buy them from there, since other stores like Best Buy stopped carrying WWF dvds right after the name change (probably WWE told them to destroy them) but blockbuster kept selling them until like a year after the WWE name change.

Now they have a terrible selection, and in some stores they have none.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.