Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 11

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 11

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-07, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some photos of my collection. I'm only 18, so it's not quite as big as some I have seen. I'm starting to focus more on completing some of the TV series that I have started. Anyway, here is my collection

Old 10-06-07, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why people here have such small crappy speaker systems, what's the use watching 5.1 with such crappy speakers.
Old 10-06-07, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

undr: Thanks for the pics!
Old 10-06-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ALEXEYKA,
thanks for the info. I looked at your home theater pictures, very nice and impressive as well. For all the political problems that Russia and former Soviet Republics have been through, I remember when I left Russia in year 2000 that I was very impressed that the home theater trend caught on and started in Russia before it started in the rest of Western Europe. I live in Switzerland now and they are extremely behind with home theaters/HDTVs/HDTV programming.

Also, when you order DVDs online from different countries, do you get them delivered fast? When I lived in Moscow in 2000 (credit cards were also rarely used at this time), I don't think I would trust the international mail system unless I was using FedEx or some other expensive tracking mail service. But since recently being in Moscow, and seeing how everything has greatly improved with an extremely positive make-over, I'm curious if it's easier to order things online living in Russia or Ukraine?

The only negative of buying Hollywood DVDs in Russia (maybe the same in Ukraine?) is that they usually have just the Russian dub and not the original English language. I suppose it has to do with Russia getting Hollywood DVDs months in advance before USA gets them on DVD so that people don't buy Hollywood DVDs from Russia. I know that the Dubbing is a lot better now and more professional (no more Goblin), but still it's hard to understand people not wanting to watch a movie in the original language and actually prefering the Russian dub.
Old 10-06-07, 08:54 AM

toddly6666

Last years bank services in Russia and Ukraine have risen on a high level. Post began to work well, there were services the express train of delivery. Already there is more than year Ukrainians and Russians can through PayPal buy DVD on Ebay. Therefore purchase import DVD became possible.

Struggle against piracy manufacture DVD has led to that official publications began to appear in a month after show at cinemas. But these DVD very bad quality also haven't original audiotrack. DVD with original audio appear very seldom and consequently fans qualitative DVD get import editions, which are perfectly issued, have many extras.

Last edited by alexeyka; 10-06-07 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-06-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ALEXEYKA,
where do you usually buy your Hollywood Region 1 DVDs from? Amazon.com? And do any of your friends question why you buy these DVDs online instead of buying the typical dvd bootleg from a polotka? I hope they don't think you are strange for doing so.

How do you feel about Ukranians/Russians prefering to watch foreign films with Russian dubs, instead of original language with Ukranian/Russian subtitles? It's interesting how each country is different. I know for sure in Russia, France, and Switzerland, most foreign movies are dubbed. In Holland theaters, all non-Dutch films have Dutch subtitles (awesome country by the way). And in USA, at least the Region 1 DVD always has many language/subtitle options.

I love the Night Watch/Day Watch movies - is the author's other movie, AZIRIS NUNA really that bad? My other favorite Russian movies are Barber of Siberia, Deja Vu, The Stroll, The Wedding, and the animated Karlik Nose. I hated The Return, Brats 1 & 2, 9th Company, The Sword Bearer.

You know how people were waiting for the Lord of the Rings movies? Well, that's how I feel with someone making a good cinema adaptation of MASTER AND MARGERITA. I was not impressed with the recent TV movie series of Master and Margerita. It had its moments, but it was just overall bad and amateurish. The director played it safe by following the book exactly. That's not how one should adapt a novel into a movie. I assume the director feared disappointing the fans of the book, so he just put everything from the book into the movie. In turn, that's not a smart way of making a movie from a book. If Peter Jackson would have done that the same way with the Lord of the Rings books, the movies would have been a poorly flowing, endless mess.

Last edited by toddly6666; 10-06-07 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Knives
Why people here have such small crappy speaker systems, what's the use watching 5.1 with such crappy speakers.
Heh, I don't even have a sound system. I rock those HD-DVDs and their monster soundtracks with TV speakers! And by "rock," I mean "keep at a low to moderate volume."

...Stupid paper-thin apartment walls.
Old 10-06-07, 01:54 PM

undrwrldangel24 - Cool collection! It's always good to see a fellow Virginian on the boards.
Old 10-06-07, 11:31 PM

Here's my set up and collection. My walls aren't decorated because I'm moving soon. Kinda boring to look at, I don't have the cool collector's sets like most of you all do.

Old 10-06-07, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

vcuram: Great pics, I love your shelving!
Old 10-07-07, 08:05 PM

Very nice collection, vcuram
Old 10-07-07, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Here's My WWE DVD Collection 5.5ft Glass Cabinet

2nd Cabinet

Old 10-08-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

throw: Those belts are awesome! Where did you get them from?
Old 10-15-07, 12:13 AM

Bump to my favorite thread. I'm currently holding on to new purchases with the help of Netflix.

Old 10-15-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Your ape's hair needs some brushing
Old 10-15-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^Alphabetical right to left...interesting. Any particular reason why?
Old 10-15-07, 07:07 AM

Throw...Damn sweet dude!!! Love the set up. I wish I could get me something like that but my wife would cut me up and dis-own me!!!
Old 10-15-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I've got a few updated pics, with a couple new black leather Berkline HT seats. My butt loves me

There's still quite a few things I want to add to my theatre including:
  • Black or red shag carpet rug
  • The remainder of my posters framed and mounted (about 12 of them)
  • Hiding equipment in closet
  • Ceiling mount screen
  • More stuff I can't remember

Old 10-15-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 362 Likes on 305 Posts
Nice setups to both onabudget and Steebo.

Just a question, how big are your respective HT screens?
Old 10-15-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been reading these threads for almost a year now, but never posted any pics. Here are some quick pictures I took the other day. I'll take more pictures once I clean up some more

I know, I know... the one on top is super crooked.

Old 10-15-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice setup Abe. It looks like your components are really close together, though. Does it get as super hot as I think it does? The X-Box HD-DVD drive on top of the X-Box doesn't look like such a great idea, either. It looks like you may be cramped for space, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a bigger TV stand/component rack. Also, are those VHS tapes in clamshell cases on the bottom shelf next to your TV stand? Otherwise, nice stuff.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 10-15-07, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
Your ape's hair needs some brushing
You're right (BTW, I got a lot of funny come backs for that one but I'll save them for some other time... )

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
^^Alphabetical right to left...interesting. Any particular reason why?
Maybe it came about because my gear is next to the DVD rack. But then, why are the kids DVDs lined up the other way?

Originally Posted by asianxcore

Thanks. I got an 88" Carada. I was gonna go bigger but then I ran out of wall space in my small apartment
Old 10-16-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by asianxcore

Thanks dude. I'm rockin a 110" Stewart screen, but for some reason it looks way smaller in the pics.
Old 10-16-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steebo777
Thanks dude. I'm rockin a 110" Stewart screen, but for some reason it looks way smaller in the pics.
That's what I tell women all the time. About my HT. Seriously.
Old 10-18-07, 08:39 AM

I thought for my first post id post my collection the way its displayed is quite involved

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.