Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 11

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-07, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-28-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cosmic Bus,

Awesome collection. Question: I really love the tv stand. Mind letting me know where you purchased it?

Thanks!
Old 09-28-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mijorico,

Very comfy and classy! What's playing tonight and do you want me to bring anything? Great job!
Old 09-28-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OMG! i didn't know about the Knocked Up boxset.is it the bestbuy exclusive? does it come with the slipcase?
Old 09-28-07, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by buckee1
Mijorico,

Very comfy and classy! What's playing tonight and do you want me to bring anything? Great job!
Thanks. I've only had it about 3 months, so I'm still kinda giddy.

Originally Posted by animatedude
OMG! i didn't know about the Knocked Up boxset.is it the bestbuy exclusive? does it come with the slipcase?
Yeah, it's the Best Buy set with the deck of cards. No, it doesn't come with the slipcase. To tell you the truth, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to keep the box. It takes up a lot of space for containing only one DVD case and a deck of cards.
Old 09-28-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

mijorico - Great set up!
Old 09-28-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mijorico: I love your posters! Great set-up
Old 09-28-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great set ups everyone ... very!!

Hey cosmic ... what region is that Naruse set that you have?? Eureka .. French? Thanks in advance ...
Old 09-28-07, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by animatedude
which version of Volver do you have?
It's the Edko R3 disc.

Originally Posted by conscience
Awesome collection. Question: I really love the tv stand. Mind letting me know where you purchased it?
Thanks for the compliment. The stand, believe it or not, is build-it-yourself one from Wal-Mart. There's nowhere nice to buy furniture here (not that my lousy apartment demands quality furnishings) so I was surprised to find such a heavy and sturdy piece at Wally World.

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Hey cosmic ... what region is that Naruse set that you have?? Eureka .. French? Thanks in advance ...
Part of the Masters of Cinema collection from R2; they're like the Criterion of the UK.
Old 09-29-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Part of the Masters of Cinema collection from R2; they're like the Criterion of the UK.
ewww, appears OOP.. oh well. What's even more disconcerting is that link has the looks that kill ....a wallet. Oyy. Thank again.
Old 09-29-07, 12:20 AM

The Naruse set isn't out of print; that page just doesn't show the box itself, instead listing the contents: Repast, Flowing, and Sound of the Mountain.
Old 10-01-07, 03:45 AM

Well I finally completed my home cinema room (well almost).

I’ve been a member here for a good while but post rarely. I hope you don’t mind me jumping in now with this ..

The screen is 50 inch HD plasma and I also have an Infocus 76 HD projector. I have what I would call a mid range set up as most of my budget goes on the memorabilia collection in the room

My collection is very much focused on genuine production used items worn or used in my favourite movies. Below you will see images of Clint Eastwood’s live firing Colt Walker from The Outlaw Josey Wales and his rubber stunt shotgun from Unforgiven. I also have the original painting that went to make the one sheet for High Plains Drifter. Above the plasma is the Dread Pirate Roberts sword from The Princess Bride. The other wall has an original wallet from Pulp Fiction and Legolas’ bow from The Lord of the Rings. I still have items to frame and add but at least I’m getting to watch all my DVD’s in a dedicated room.

My DVD collection (950+ titles) has been condensed down into plastic sleeves. I am happy with this although I appreciate it might be considered horrific by some.

Initially it was going to be a display room with home theatre added. As the project progressed it very much focused on being a cinema first and display room second.

Old 10-01-07, 03:47 AM

Thats a great job mijorico! A great atmosphere you have created.
Old 10-01-07, 10:24 AM

Mijorico, very nice clean & comfy look, you’re HT room has.

Excellent lighting, palooka.
Old 10-01-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by palooka
Is this really the best fan you can afford Palooka? I bet it doesn't even oscilate. Why would you invest thousands and thousands of dollars on a home theatre and DVDs then sit in an uncomfortably hot room, with a toy fan. If you want to impress anyone, at least get a decent fan dude.

Before anyone loses their mind... I'm kidding! Don't want this to happen to this thread too.

I'm sick jealous Palooka. Sick jealous.

Out of curiosity, how do they authenticate things like movie props. In other words, how do you know these are authentic?
Old 10-01-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Palooka, your movie memorabilia is definitly awesome! I too am jealous..
Old 10-01-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice set-up. Although, I cried a little at the thought of my DVDs being put into plastic sleeves
Old 10-01-07, 01:28 PM

mijorico, very nice. I've seen your setup before (over at HT Forum?). Like the Oppo! I really like mine.
Old 10-01-07, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
mijorico, very nice. I've seen your setup before (over at HT Forum?). Like the Oppo! I really like mine.
This was actually the first time I've taken and posted pictures. Haven't posted any at HT Forum.

Thanks everyone for all of the kind comments.
Old 10-01-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 452 Likes on 317 Posts
I don't usually go in for movie prop collections, but those are some cool pieces of memorabilia.
Old 10-01-07, 06:07 PM

Sorry these are a bit dark.

Old 10-01-07, 08:47 PM

I love your set up very nice indeed! About your DVD sleeves, where did you get them?

Thanks

[QUOTE=palooka]Well I finally completed my home cinema room (well almost).

I’ve been a member here for a good while but post rarely. I hope you don’t mind me jumping in now with this ..

The screen is 50 inch HD plasma and I also have an Infocus 76 HD projector. I have what I would call a mid range set up as most of my budget goes on the memorabilia collection in the room

My collection is very much focused on genuine production used items worn or used in my favourite movies. Below you will see images of Clint Eastwood’s live firing Colt Walker from The Outlaw Josey Wales and his rubber stunt shotgun from Unforgiven. I also have the original painting that went to make the one sheet for High Plains Drifter. Above the plasma is the Dread Pirate Roberts sword from The Princess Bride. The other wall has an original wallet from Pulp Fiction and Legolas’ bow from The Lord of the Rings. I still have items to frame and add but at least I’m getting to watch all my DVD’s in a dedicated room.

My DVD collection (950+ titles) has been condensed down into plastic sleeves. I am happy with this although I appreciate it might be considered horrific by some.

Initially it was going to be a display room with home theatre added. As the project progressed it very much focused on being a cinema first and display room second.

QUOTE]
Old 10-02-07, 02:04 AM

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'll be happy to post more pictures as further displays are completed.

I love your set up very nice indeed! About your DVD sleeves, where did you get them?
The decision to move my DVD's into these wallets was simply forced by the amount of space they were taking up. I keep all the snapper cases and boxed set sleeves for a good while but I am so pleased with the way this system works all that cardbord ultimately went into the bin. I often look at the really nice rows of DVD's in peoples collections but I am so pleased at the space I have regained - or I should say the space my wife has reclaimed!

I looked around a long time for an affordable "system" and settled on these ..
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal...B48&pr=Q2H&N=2
These work great and are really cheap.

Out of curiosity, how do they authenticate things like movie props. In other words, how do you know these are authentic?
A good question and the one I must hear most of all. I've been collecting this stuff for 20 years. I'm lucky enough to do this for a living. *Shameless plug www.propstore.com shameless plug * There is no short answer, but its mainly a question of doing research and only buying from reputable sources. I'd be delighted to answer any questions on the memorabilia element of my cinema room but didn't really want to derail the thread or start a sales pitch.

Tim

EDIT spelling
Old 10-02-07, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by buckee1

Thanks
You can also try DiscSox DVD Pro
Old 10-02-07, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by mijorico
This was actually the first time I've taken and posted pictures. Haven't posted any at HT Forum.

Thanks everyone for all of the kind comments.
Guess you're setup is almost identical to someone else's. And by the looks of it, that's not a bad thing in this case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.