Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ever buy Full Screen because of price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
When were Batman and Batman Returns only available fullscreen?
dunno? when i bought batman and batman returns years ago, i was only able to find fullscreen versions in snapcases.

doesn't matter now since i bought the anthology set last year.
Old 12-11-06, 12:14 PM

My brother requests that all movies bought as gifts for him and his family be fullscreen. They hate the lines on the top and bottom. They have a square TV too, so when they come over and watch my widescreen, they complain that it is too weird. The very first DVD I ever bought 6 years ago was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, it was fullscreen. I always pick up widescreen when possible, but some TV shows are fullscreen, and I buy alot of TV on DVD.
Old 12-12-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guess i'm in the minority here, but only done it on a few of the movies for the little one that were on sale for BF last year: Shark Tale, Shrek 2, Ice Age, Incedibles, otherwise always widescreen.
Old 12-13-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awwwww, they've got a discount for retards. isn't that nice of them.
Old 12-13-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by costanza
awwwww, they've got a discount for retards. isn't that nice of them.

No, but I've done the opposite: I've bought WS versions for $26 when the FS version was $10.
Old 12-31-06, 05:54 PM

I bought Ali G Indahouse in fullscreen today. I usually get widescreen simply because it's the cool thing to do, but at the time I didn't know crap about the movie, all I saw was fullscreen and it was in fine print, so I figured it only came in fullscreen. Then I got home and saw on Amazon that it comes in both. Too late now, it's open and I don't feel like taking it back when I doubt they even have widescreen.

Oh well. It was only $5. I have a square TV and I can't see myself getting a widescreen, or any HDTV in the future. Hell, I lived my life watching VHS movies which were 95% fullscreen anyway and on a square TV. If 15 years from now I'm forced to get a widescreen TV, I may repurchase the DVD in widescreen if DVDs are even still around then.