Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hills Have Eyes Rated and Unrated DVD June 20th

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of the exclusive would be greatly appreciated. I have the regular unrated version, but now I am curious about what I do not have.

I am excited about watching this again tonight. I really loved it in the theater, and think it will be greatly served by adding in the bits of extra violence.
Old 06-20-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Take A Close Look at the left side (that is the bloodpack slipcase)

Originally Posted by onebyone
Pictures of the exclusive would be greatly appreciated. I have the regular unrated version, but now I am curious about what I do not have.

I am excited about watching this again tonight. I really loved it in the theater, and think it will be greatly served by adding in the bits of extra violence.
Old 06-20-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Saw and kind of liked the bloodpack from Best Buy but got it at CC with the Omen instead. I actually like the plain slipcover, as it has raised lettering and the blood really looks smeared, nice packing imho.
Old 06-20-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks xage for solving the mystery of the exclusive packaging. I don't think I like it enough to get another copy, but my, it is tempting as it does look good. I am a sucker for gimmick packaging.
Old 06-20-06, 04:57 PM
Banned

I don't think the pictures do the case justice, especially with that damn BB sticker! It is a very cool effect to smear the blood over the case. I For one am glad to have it, if not just for the cache value.

Glad to be aboard, finally, here at the Talk.
Old 06-20-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Welcome, Zombies!

You're arrival at this time is very apropos.
Old 06-20-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
was i the only one who didn't like emilie de raven as the lead heroine? My main problem with her was that because of watching the past 2 seasons of Lost, even though she does a decent american accent, you can still hear a little bit of an aussie in there too.
When i saw the movie in theaters opening night, i heard some people to tell her to shut up with all of the screaming and yelling throughout the second half of the flick. what kind of disturbed me about this was that i don't think those people realized that she was just raped in the trailer. its probably because alot of it was cut out of the R rated version, but still a tad disturbing.
Old 06-20-06, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Welcome, Zombies!

You're arrival at this time is very apropos.
Thanks Tom. I read this section was a new addition to the Talk family, I guess they knew I was coming!

ps) for anyone who didn't know 'Zombies' was an original, obviously unused title for George A.'s 'Dawn of the Dead'.
Old 06-20-06, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
was i the only one who didn't like emilie de raven as the lead heroine? My main problem with her was that because of watching the past 2 seasons of Lost, even though she does a decent american accent, you can still hear a little bit of an aussie in there too.
When i saw the movie in theaters opening night, i heard some people to tell her to shut up with all of the screaming and yelling throughout the second half of the flick. what kind of disturbed me about this was that i don't think those people realized that she was just raped in the trailer. its probably because alot of it was cut out of the R rated version, but still a tad disturbing.
That's not disturbing, it's just an example of censorship done poorly. Hell, even in the unrated version it's still implied. I was honestly disappointed in the unrated version. I guess I've come to expect too much from these, but I read somewhere that Aja had to cut 8 minutes to get an R, so where the hell is that footage? We get like a second here, a second there, etc, which doesn't really make any difference at all.
Old 06-20-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Thanks xage for solving the mystery of the exclusive packaging. I don't think I like it enough to get another copy, but my, it is tempting as it does look good. I am a sucker for gimmick packaging.
Same here. As soon as I started playing with the blood, I had to have it. It'll go well with my Saw blood cover and my Hellsing blood bag.
Old 06-20-06, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
yeah, that happened to me as well. i tried to peel off from others, but none were budging. i got off the top layer and the residue remained. my most tried and true method is to use the security sticker and dot the residue with it. it should come off after many dots and a few minutes and i think better than goo gone bc goo gone can sometimes ruin the surface. it doesn't work with all kinds of surfaces and if you pick the wrong one it will be ruined.
I happened to have a spray can of automotive sticker remover in the garage and sprayed a tiny bit on a rag, wiped the residue, and it immediately came off. I then wiped the spot with a damp rag and it is crystal clear. Didn't hurt the surface at all.
Old 06-21-06, 12:15 AM

Your welcome... I got the same dillemma...
Old 06-21-06, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by natevines
That's not disturbing, it's just an example of censorship done poorly. Hell, even in the unrated version it's still implied. I was honestly disappointed in the unrated version. I guess I've come to expect too much from these, but I read somewhere that Aja had to cut 8 minutes to get an R, so where the hell is that footage? We get like a second here, a second there, etc, which doesn't really make any difference at all.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I guess I've become too desensitized because I didn't think the trailer scene was that bad. I was expecting so much worse I guess. I was actually more disturbed by some of the scenes in Haute Tension.
Old 06-21-06, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I saw that as well. A bit disappointing for an "exclusive" cover if you ask me.

But your disappointment was based on the art shown at the Bestbuy Weekly Ad. Now that it was bloodpack , still disappointed with its exclusive packaging?
Old 06-21-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Yeah, I feel the same way. I guess I've become too desensitized because I didn't think the trailer scene was that bad. I was expecting so much worse I guess. I was actually more disturbed by some of the scenes in Haute Tension.

I didn't find the scene to be that bad either. The way some people were describing it, I expected it to be one of the most gory and disturbing scenes in cinema history.
Old 06-21-06, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Take A Close Look at the left side (that is the bloodpack slipcase)

The problem with other members is that. They think they know already what the final product is.. Concluding this, Concluding that... Just wait till you see and dont put erroneus, stupid conclusions..

- What the? A word JO? it shows that your minds are just plain air..

-Then there is the word "Jerk Off" for the J.O. , Yeah Right.. Hahaha.. probably the member's seminal blood was used 9after jerking off) to fill up the bloodpack of the Bestbuy exclusive package

- Then there are those who highly doubt? What doubt? Doubt about Bestbuy Exclusive offers? or simply a doubt that ends up on you...

- And lastly.. those who feel safe.. carrying the Hills Have Eyes/OMEN $10off offer of Circuit City... Geez guys, if you are going to make an excuse like that put some more strength to it.. Add something like "Click DVD exclusive preview Disc free ths week at Circuit City when you buy DVD at them"

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
That's what I thought upon first seeing it. Biggest dvd mystery of the year? Guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday. I can't decide whether or not I want the exclusive slipcover, or the $10 dollar deal at CC with The Omen.

I highly doubt it's fluid blook like Saw Unrated, that would be a little too much for an exclusive. Just looks like more randomly placed blood to me.
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Damn that is stupid and pointless.

If another store has a better price on the film,I'm skipping Best Buy!

Oh and I'm sure J.O. stands for jerkoff,which is a good observation on this marketing tactic.
Originally Posted by Seantn
What does "JO" mean?

Originally Posted by Willh51
Can anyone confirm if the regular unrated versions have slipcovers and if Best Buys' exclusive really only has "JO" which I don't recall the significance of?
Old 06-21-06, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Just wondering if it looked like Best Buy would have enough of these to last all week? I want be able to get to BB till this weekend. Didn't want to make a special trip for this if it was a limited supply. Thanks
Old 06-21-06, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tacos
Just wondering if it looked like Best Buy would have enough of these to last all week? I want be able to get to BB till this weekend. Didn't want to make a special trip for this if it was a limited supply. Thanks
I think it is limited as I saw even Unrated with normal slipcases. They had quite a few blood paks, but not enough to last for an extended period of time.
Old 06-21-06, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Ok Thanks for the response. I think I may just go with the CC deal then.
Old 06-21-06, 05:08 PM

I went to best buy to check it out, but the exclusive blood filled slip cover wasn't enough to persuade me to buy it immediately. I'll be waiting till it drops in price, if it was a blood filled jewel case like saw I would have jumped on it but that is probably a little too crazy for just a best buy exclusive.
Old 06-21-06, 08:12 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Lets see, what I rather have a 'blood bag' slipcase, or lenticul (sp?) one? Hmm, I'll go with bloodbag.
Old 06-21-06, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by supfool!
I went to best buy to check it out, but the exclusive blood filled slip cover wasn't enough to persuade me to buy it immediately. I'll be waiting till it drops in price, if it was a blood filled jewel case like saw I would have jumped on it but that is probably a little too crazy for just a best buy exclusive.
If you wait, you probably won't get one. Even the Saw with pak is discontinued I believe. To each his own though. I for one am glad I got it and does fit nicely with a DVD of this caliber.
Old 06-22-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xage
The problem with other members is that. They think they know already what the final product is.. Concluding this, Concluding that... Just wait till you see and dont put erroneus, stupid conclusions..

- What the? A word JO? it shows that your minds are just plain air..

-Then there is the word "Jerk Off" for the J.O. , Yeah Right.. Hahaha.. probably the member's seminal blood was used 9after jerking off) to fill up the bloodpack of the Bestbuy exclusive package

- Then there are those who highly doubt? What doubt? Doubt about Bestbuy Exclusive offers? or simply a doubt that ends up on you...
I have to tell you, I have absolutely no fucking IDEA what it is you're talking about, this post seems to make zero sense....I guess this was some sort of rant.

Anyhow, picked up the bloodpak cover and love it. Awesome exclusive and well worth picking up the DVD at Future Shop (in Canada FS has this, not BB). Watched the film last night and thought it was even better this time around. The 5.1 mix was pretty damn good, with great use of the surrounds and the extra bits of gore here and there were awesome, made the film even more unrelenting. Still hate the final shot, but other than that, definitely glad I picked it up now instead of waiting for a PV'd copy.

MATT
Old 06-22-06, 01:04 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I have to tell you, I have absolutely no fucking IDEA what it is you're talking about, this post seems to make zero sense....I guess this was some sort of rant.

MATT
He is talking about the idiocy of many of the board members who posted all of those ridiculous quotes. I believe the intent was to say: if you don't have something intelligent or factual to say, quit speculating or whining and shut the fuck up.
Old 06-22-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was kinda dissapointed with the unrated as well. Don't get me wrong, this is still an intense ride, but when you slap "unrated" to a Aja film, I expect more than a second here and there.

Still a good disc. when I began watching the documentary, I thought '10 mins.' and to my surprise it was 50 mins!

Audio commentaries will be heard much later though. Solid 5.1 though, I always enjoyed the score in this.

I didn't go for the blood packaging. I have SAW but didn't think it was cool. I'm actually worried it might leak...in some way, I dunno.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.