DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Hills Have Eyes Rated and Unrated DVD June 20th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/461743-hills-have-eyes-rated-unrated-dvd-june-20th.html)

GameGenie 04-09-06 01:05 PM

Hills Have Eyes Rated and Unrated DVD June 20th

Taken from Davisdvd.com

The Hills Have Eyes

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will release the excellent remake of The Hills Have Eyes in two flavors on June 20th. The theatrical R-rated edition arrives with both 2.35:1 anamorphic and fullscreen transfers, Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 tracks. The Unrated edition ("the version to die for") will be available in widescreen-only. Extras will include an audio commentary with director Alexandre Aja, screenwriter Gregory Levasseur and producer Marianne Maddalena, multiple featurettes forming a behind-the-scenes documentary, a music video and trailers. Retail is $29.98.

Sounds like a great release. Ever since i saw this in the theater i have been dying to see the unrated cut of the film. I thought this was a really good horror movie and im definently picking it up.

Willh51 04-09-06 01:49 PM

I'll get it but I hate the cover with UNRATED all over it, the image behind is great though.

Rammsteinfan 04-09-06 02:04 PM

Eh, the cover isnt too bad but the unrated is a bit much.

http://myweb.cableone.net/patches46/hills.jpg

EdTheRipper 04-09-06 02:18 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

cerial442 04-09-06 02:28 PM

I might pick this up down the road. It was a good movie until towards the end, where it became too much like the TCM remake.

Peep 04-09-06 05:17 PM

The unrated version has the original ending: all the mutants were a lie made up by some crazy French chick.

Mr. Cinema 04-09-06 06:36 PM

Wow. Very quick release. I thought Fox would do like Universal did when they released Dawn of the Dead and hold the dvd until a little closer to Halloween. Nevertheless, I saw this twice in theaters and loved it both times. This will be mine.

Julie Walker 04-09-06 07:10 PM

I can't wait to pick this up:D

AdamComic2 04-09-06 07:14 PM

The unrated version has the original ending: all the mutants were a lie made up by some crazy French chick.
Actually, the French chick IS the mutants.

OldBoy 04-09-06 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by cerial442
I might pick this up down the road. It was a good movie until towards the end, where it became too much like the TCM remake.

i didn't know Turner Classic Movies did a remake :hscratch:

AnonomusBob15 04-09-06 07:49 PM

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

cerial442 04-09-06 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
i didn't know Turner Classic Movies did a remake :hscratch:

Originally Posted by AnonomusBob15
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Yeah thats what I ment.

alfonsosoriano 04-10-06 08:33 AM

Great movie, I can't wait for this.

DonnachaOne 04-10-06 11:27 AM

Well, that's a fun cover.

"The version to die for"?

BravesMG 04-10-06 12:14 PM

Any word how much longer the unrated cut is? I know Aja said he had to scale it down quite a bit for an R, I didn't know how much. Thought it was pretty good, I'd probably pick up the unrated for a good price.

pdjennings 04-10-06 12:46 PM

ugh... horrid cover. why why why why have they altered the original poster image?! -- she's NOT supposed to be screaming ... the whole point of that particular scene in the film is that she stays still and quiet as he touches her face.

http://www.impawards.com/2006/hills_have_eyes.html

The Monkees 04-10-06 12:59 PM

No Craven commentary :(

I'll still get it though

critterdvd 04-10-06 09:31 PM

No Craven commentary
I wasn't really expecting a craven commentary since his involvement was mostly clerical.

And with the cover art... I'm glad it is a derivitative of the poster, but the unrated one is a bit too much with the older sister screaming... (but it does fit with this movie)....

This will definately be a purchase for me since it was the first movie in a really long time I had to watch over 50% of through my sweatshirt...

Captain Jackal 04-10-06 11:46 PM

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this movie a lot. Can't wait to pick this one up!!

Julie Walker 04-11-06 12:04 AM

I like the unrated cover. Since it is honest with how brutal,unpleasent and disturbing this film really is. The bloody finger print smeared unrated tag suits the film beautifully. While most unrated versions hype themselves as being 'more extreme' than the rated version. This is one that will actually deliver and the cover is the perfect warning for those unprepared...or willing to take the risk and view it.

And the other reason the cover is altered slightly is because the original poster art is used on the rated release. And this is a good way of telling them apart than simply stating 'unrated' on the cover.

As for what has been cut and how much. I recall Aja stating he had to cut 2 minutes of graphic material from numerous sequences. The rape scene was cut the heaviest,along with most of the trailer attack sequence. So expect more graphic unpleasent carnage in many scenes throughout the film. Such as impact shots,brain splatter,blood splatter,numerous slicing and dicing and general ickiness.

June 20th,this will be mine:D

mdc3000 04-11-06 08:22 AM

I'll be picking this up for sure....hopefully that big UNRATED bloody lettering is on a clear plastic slipcover that can be ditched, other than that, I think the cover art is pretty wicked.

MATT

candyrocket786 04-11-06 10:02 AM

Wow! That was fast.

Looking forward to picking this one up.

matome 04-11-06 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Wow! That was fast.

Looking forward to picking this one up.

I love these quick DVD releases :up::up:

vice86 04-11-06 10:06 AM

i hope there's a lot more gore....like they did for Land of the Dead UNRATED...HHE was disturbing enough already in theaters...the Unrated DVD should be great.

asianxcore 04-18-06 05:01 AM

really excited this film is getting such a quick release to DVD.

that unrated artwork has to go though. terrible. as stupid as it sounds I might have to see the covers of the DVD in other regions to make my final decision. yes, it's that bad :)