Twin Peaks Series Two???

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Twin Peaks Series Two???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops, I just realized that I misspoke. I said "The Spanish DVD set is much to be desired." I meant to say "The Spanish DVD set LEAVES much to be desired." As in, the quality is bad, not good.
Old 04-16-06, 04:45 PM

I really wish season 2 would come out! I've never seen it and have been hanging in limbo since season 1 was released.
Old 04-16-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by tboogie
I really wish season 2 would come out! I've never seen it and have been hanging in limbo since season 1 was released.
Same here. I worry that it will be spoiled in a thread or something before i ever get to watch it for myself.
Old 04-16-06, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Same here. I worry that it will be spoiled in a thread or something before i ever get to watch it for myself.
That's funny, I keep worrying about that too!
Old 04-17-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw it on TV. So I couldn't remember enough to spoil anything. Doubt many people would... considering anyone who DOES remember probably respects the show enough not to spoil it.

So anyway - WHERE ARE THESE DVDS!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-17-06, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I saw it on TV. So I couldn't remember enough to spoil anything. Doubt many people would... considering anyone who DOES remember probably respects the show enough not to spoil it.
On the topic of respect for the show, have any of you heard of the Twin Peaks Fest? It takes place in Washington state where they filmed the show, and every year they actually get like 6 actors that were on the show a year to show up.

Of course, I'm sure you wouldn't want to go to the fest if you haven't even seen the whole show. I wonder if attendance will go up after the season 2 dvds come out.
Old 04-17-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well the main thing i am worried about having spoiled is who the person who killed Laura was, i'm sure most people would have to remember that.
Old 04-17-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Being worried about having the show spoiled reminds me of when Kyle Maclaughlin hosted Saturday Night Live right before season 2 started airing.

MAN IN AUDIENCE: Hi Kyle. I'm a really huge Twin Peaks fan, and I'm wondering if this season we're gonna find out who killed Laura Palmer?

KYLE: Yes. It's Shelly the waitress, and we're gonna reveal that in the last episode.

MAN: Oh, ah... Thanks.
Old 04-17-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well the main thing i am worried about having spoiled is who the person who killed Laura was, i'm sure most people would have to remember that.
By the end of the second season, that is really not as important as you might think it is right now... IIRC.

I want me some Agt. Cooper's cross-dressing FBI partner, NOW!

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-17-06 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-17-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want me some Agt. Cooper's cross-dressing FBI partner, NOW! ;-)
Moving to mature.
Old 04-17-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the old VHS versions of the show outta print? After Season 1 came out on disc, I picked up the remaing episodes on the cheap...I guess they figured they would not sell once Season 2 was produced.

It was really depressing to watch the 1st season on disc...all cleaned up with kick-assed sound, then having to pop in a tape (super "muddied" with shit sound) to watch the remainder.
Old 04-18-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Same here. I have DVD-R copies of Season 2 that are sourced from the old grundgy VHS tapes. God, would I love to send those to the trash bin. Come on Paramount, let's get a move on!
Old 04-18-06, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Being worried about having the show spoiled reminds me of when Kyle Maclaughlin hosted Saturday Night Live right before season 2 started airing.

MAN IN AUDIENCE: Hi Kyle. I'm a really huge Twin Peaks fan, and I'm wondering if this season we're gonna find out who killed Laura Palmer?

KYLE: Yes. It's Shelly the waitress, and we're gonna reveal that in the last episode.

MAN: Oh, ah... Thanks.
Oh how about that skit with Chris Farley as Leo and Conan O'Brien as Deputy Andy?

"I DID IT!!! GEEZ!!!"
Old 05-30-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
I know this is not the news that people are seeking but:
An interview is up with Lynch on Amazon.com where he states that he has not mixed the audio or done color transfers for Season 2 yet. He does not know when the set will be released.

Damn!
Old 05-31-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
[arnold]You Son of a Bitch![/arnold]
Old 05-31-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
I know this is not the news that people are seeking but:
An interview is up with Lynch on Amazon.com where he states that he has not mixed the audio or done color transfers for Season 2 yet. He does not know when the set will be released.

Damn!
Old 06-15-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200606...vd_announ.html

Season 2 accounced!
11/2 in Australia, and possibly a little sooner for us.
Old 06-15-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200606...vd_announ.html

Season 2 accounced!
11/2 in Australia, and possibly a little sooner for us.
jippy's body has just hit the ground. Please stand back and give him room to breathe. He'll be okay.
Old 06-15-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dugpa.com is expressing some doubt about this rumor; I think nothing official from Paramount yet (but would love to be proved wrong).

Originally Posted by www.dugpa.com
June 14th 2006
Twin Peaks Season 2 Update
Moviehole and theDigitalBits have recently posted on their site that Twin Peaks Season 2 will be released by Paramount on DVD on November 2nd 2006. I did some digging and got word back from a reliable source that while Paramount is "working on it" no release date has been set as of yet. Based on the recent interview Lynch did with Amazon.com last month, I would be willing to bet that we won't see Season 2 on DVD until 2007 at the earliest. In addition, I have heard from sources that Lynch has not even begun to start working on the transfers. Below is a transcript of the interview with Lynch:

"Interviewer: Another set that fans are very excited about is Twin Peaks: Season 2.
David Lynch: Right.
Interviewer: Can you give us some insight on the involvement you've had on that project?
David Lynch: Well, it's ongoing because we're going to do the 5.1 remix in the room and that hasn't been done yet. So I'm not sure when their release date is but we haven't done the 5.1 remix and I'm going to be involved in the timing and color correction so that it lives in the same world as the Pilot lived in, all throughout the series."

To be completely honest, this release has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Paramount had the rights to release Season 2 as of November of last year. They have treated this release with such a low priority. They could have easily done the transfers way before the rights reverted back to them in order to have released this set last year. I'll save more for another rant. As to whether or not Australia will be getting Season 2 in November, I'm a bit skeptical, but then again, I've been wrong before. Rest assured that as soon as I get any solid information, I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited by Ginwen; 06-15-06 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-15-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fina-frickin'-ly. Looks like I'll be having a Christmastime Peaks marathon.
Old 06-15-06, 12:16 PM

Well it's hopeful news at least. Thanks.
Old 06-15-06, 01:28 PM

I will side with dugpa.com on this one for now. Seems to good to be true going by the Lynch interview. It is of course possible, and I will be hopeful, but I am not going to get those hopes too high yet.
Old 06-15-06, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
This is either really good news or it sucks.

How sad is that almost every lame television series that's ever been procuded gets released to DVD but when it comes to Twin Peaks everyone just sits around with their thumb up their ass. I mean, Jesus, I can go out and boy the complete Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard, but one of the biggest cult series of all time is MIA. Just give me Twin Peaks Season Two and Max Headroom, and I'll shut up. You can release My Mother the Car and I won't mock you.
Old 06-15-06, 03:31 PM

Well, at least Lynch has some involvement in the production of the DVD. He said "so it exists in the same world as the pilot". I HOPE that means that the pilot will finally have a worthy release!
Old 06-15-06, 04:58 PM

If this does come to fruition, I wonder if the new Paramount Season 1 set will carry over all the extras from the Artisan set. And does anyone know if Lynch is planning on remastering the Pilot (I guess for release via Malaysia again)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.