Reload this Page >

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 7

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 7

Old 09-01-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anali...

I need to chime in and agree - very well thought out and executed! I'm still in the dreaming stages - the real room I want will have to wait until we build our house next year. The plan is ever changing so who knows what will happen then. I owe a semi-decent picture to the group of my current set-up - I have the same out of space woe that you do!
Old 09-02-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anali,
Great stuff, would love to see the equipment. The color issue is probably just your white balance. You could probably correct it in Photoshop or other software.
Old 09-02-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, now that I have some pics, I might as well post in one of these threads. This still isn't finished, so there are some ugly things going on.

Old TV is still sitting in the middle of the floor. Probably going to fix that this weekend. View from the chair:

Better shot of my sub and speakers, and I've now hidden that IR sensor in the top of the screen, it was too distracting:

PJ:

Some DVDs, I really need to work out a decent storage system now that I've topped 200 movies/seasons. Not to mention clean the damn place!

This rack is MUCH less dusty now. Plus the overexposure to see the black components makes it look worse than it really was. I still need to retake this pic on a tripod or something, it's all blurred:

This is what I mean by unfinished, although it is also better now. About half of this is now properly wired, hopefully I'll finish the rest very soon:

I wish I had a dedicated room, but I treat this end of the basement like it is one. No swordplay or dodgeball, that kind of thing. I hope to change into some HT/DVD decorations, as well. I have nada at this point.
Old 09-02-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spiky, I am pretty sure that is an SVS sub. What model is it?
Old 09-02-05, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
This rack is MUCH less dusty now. Plus the overexposure to see the black components makes it look worse than it really was. I still need to retake this pic on a tripod or something, it's all blurred:
I imagine you have some sort of autofocus on your camera; just make sure it doesn't focus on that cloth in the lower right next time.
Old 09-04-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SVS PB2, nka PB12 Plus/2. I used to have a 2039PC+, but it was too tall to fit under the screen, and it has to be up front. Sold it and bought a used sub. Ended up with an upgrade even though I didn't need it. It is one big, big sub. I've barely even pushed this one, it is ridiculously capable.

Hogfat,
The AF didn't work properly for that shot, and I haven't bothered to retake it. Now that I finally got myself the correct flash, AF in the dark will work better with an assist light. Actually, I may have MFed that shot, can't remember. MF in the dark doesn't work well, either. I'd have to take the black cabinet with black components out into the sun to get easy AF without an assist, there just isn't enough light in my basement to pull it off. There's a reason marketing shots are done in a white studio. Esp for black things.

I must say, I expected someone to rip me a new one for the Kenny Rogers LP!!
Old 09-05-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Spiky, SVS= !!! That's my next major purchase.
Old 09-05-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Simply amazing Anali, I absolutely love the library look and feel to your home theatre. My two favorite things are libraries/books and movies - in that room, I'd never want to leave....that with a nice bowl of popcorn and a Coke Zero - my family would know to not bother me
Old 09-05-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Spiky...Is that the Denon 2900 player? If so, I have the same one.
Old 09-05-05, 03:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Angel Pagan
Opinions and suggestions are encouraged. :-D

Angel:

You have a sweet equipment set-up, but I think the overall decor clashes with what the room is supposed to be used for.
Old 09-05-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeeKay
Anali, if you could answer some quick questions:

What are the rough dimensions of your room?
How big is your DVD collection?
Is that a love seat or a couch you have in your pictures?

Reason I'm so nosy is that I think I'd like to copy, a bit, your design and want to see if it will fit in my tiny "home theatre" area.
i thought we all knew it was stricly verboten to discuss the copying of another's DVD collection.

god i love using new smileys.
Old 09-05-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Spiky...Is that the Denon 2900 player? If so, I have the same one.
Yep, Denon 2900. Best all around player ever made. Under $3000. So happy....

My projector is going in AGAIN. I've had it less than 1/2 a year and this is the second trip back to Toshiba for it, just died Sunday night. I will be pushing for a replacement instead. Not happy about this. I plugged my 27" back in, it's sitting on the floor. So I can watch the US Open.

buckee,
When you do, send Ron & Tom a diagram of your room. They'll recommend the right sub. They never oversell, they don't have to!!
Old 09-05-05, 11:03 PM

Here's my stuff. I need to buy another shelf because all the CDs and DVDs don't fit on the current one I have. And I also have a bunch of PS/PS2 games that could go on them.

Top and first shelf:

Second shelf, TV sets, VHS, and CDs:
Old 09-05-05, 11:15 PM

SVS PB2, nka PB12 Plus/2. I used to have a 2039PC+, but it was too tall to fit under the screen, and it has to be up front. Sold it and bought a used sub. Ended up with an upgrade even though I didn't need it. It is one big, big sub. I've barely even pushed this one, it is ridiculously capable.
That is what I thought it was. Nice! One day hope to upgrade to that monster.

Next question, what speakers are you running? I know they are Klipsch, but are they the reference 7 series?
Old 09-06-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

jonjj7: I like how neatly aligned everything is on your shelving!
Old 09-06-05, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Yep, Denon 2900. Best all around player ever made. Under $3000. So happy....
Actually, I would hope that you paid under ONE thousand, since that's what it listed for. Mine was right at list price.
Old 09-06-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Infidel,
I meant because the Denon 5910 has finally surpassed it and is MSRP $3500. I paid $900 the first month it was available. There are some esoteric ones that aren't bad, too. But who has 10 or 80 grand laying around for a DVDp?

Big Worms,
Ref 3 series, all around. 7 series would be really big. And out of budget. Took me 4 years to get this setup as it is.
Old 09-06-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jonjj7, where did you get your shelves and how many dvds does it hold? Thanks.
Old 09-06-05, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
jonjj7, where did you get your shelves and how many dvds does it hold? Thanks.
I got it at Target. I think it can hold 200 DVDs if I were to reorganize the shelves. I went back recently because I wanted to get another, but it doesn't look like they carry them anymore. They were pretty cheap, too....
Old 09-06-05, 09:02 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=metalhead212]Here is what I have right now. This is the melding of both mine and my girlfriends movies and videogame systems.

One Xbox is modded to take the place of my broken DVD player, the one on the bottom is basically a table for it. Gamecube, PS2, had a surround system but it didn't work right with the DVD player (when it worked) so we took it back.

The area that everything is in was custom cut to house a complete entertainment system, but the actuall unit was cut wrong by almost an inch so we are still waiting on it. When it is finished it will hold the TV the systems, 600 dvd's, a total surround sound system, and a working DVD player. The Hanzo swords will go on top .

I have that same exact TV. How do you like it?

Last edited by SINGLE104; 09-06-05 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-06-05, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by anali
Here's our cave. The photos are rather dark, since there wasn't sufficient lighting in the room, and when I tried using the flash on my camera, the light just bounced horribly on the plastic amaray cases. We had the shelves custom-built, circling the room, while also adding storage cabinets for all those loose cables and electronic junk. To solve the problem with the windows, we covered them up with thick curtains that had a layer of blackout material on the back, thus rendering the room pitch-black. The color scheme of the room is actually grey-blue, but somehow the colors came out wrong on camera and they now look strangely periwinkle! And if you don't see our little tv on the photos, it's because we're currently saving up for a bigger one.

Not only you have an impressive HT, but a beautiful home as well.
Old 09-06-05, 09:13 PM
Banned

Angel, If there were a contest for the best HT, you would win hands down.
Old 09-06-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is Kevin Smith's DVD collection (he posted it on his board).
http://silentbobspeaks.com/?m=20050905

Its all alphabetized. This is everything except T-Z according to him:

Old 09-06-05, 10:00 PM

@Angel: In your collection pictures, there is one that has a shelf (and a fifth) dedicated to 24, Alias, Angel, Buffy, [?], Millennium, nip/tuck, NYPD Blue, Smallville and The X-Files. Are these all out-of-region, or are they customs? If they're customs, is there any way I could get the 24, Angel, Buffy, and X-Files covers? Thank you, in advance.

Amazing collections, so far, everyone. My collection doesn't even deserve a picture.
Old 09-06-05, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Angel:

You have a sweet equipment set-up, but I think the overall decor clashes with what the room is supposed to be used for.
I've gotta admit, I don't even notice it anymore. It wasn't until I took the pictures that I noticed exactly how pink the room was. But, in the end, it'll motivate me to move faster towards getting a dedicated HT room.

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
Angel, If there were a contest for the best HT, you would win hands down.
I would doubt that but thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by John_Shil
@Angel: In your collection pictures, there is one that has a shelf (and a fifth) dedicated to 24, Alias, Angel, Buffy, [?], Millennium, nip/tuck, NYPD Blue, Smallville and The X-Files. Are these all out-of-region, or are they customs? If they're customs, is there any way I could get the 24, Angel, Buffy, and X-Files covers? Thank you, in advance.
These are custom covers for the R1 sets that I've acquired from various cover sites. Let me get your e-mail and I'll send them your way. The one between Buffy and Millennium is Dark Angel. I've recently added Dead Zone S1 and Monk S1.

Would like to mention that these covers that you speak of were created by Scaramanga and you can see them over at this thread.

Last edited by Angel Pagan; 09-06-05 at 11:31 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.