Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One & Only DOCTOR WHO DVD Thread (8th Incarnation)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The One & Only DOCTOR WHO DVD Thread (8th Incarnation)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
R1 News: The Time Warrior & Planet of Evil - 4/1/08

From TVShowsonDVD.com:

Doctor Who - Studio Announces R1 Releases for The Time Warrior & for Planet of Evil

It's No April Fools' Joke; Both Arrive on April 1st!
Posted by David Lambert

As we reported a week and a half ago, Warner Home Video and the BBC are planning a DVD release in North America for Doctor Who - Story #070: The Time Warrior. This is based on a trailer included on recent releases of Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity.

This morning the studios confirmed this by formally announcing the April 1st release of Time Warrior, starring Jon Pertwee's as the 3rd Doctor, and introducing Elisabeth Sladen as new companion Sarah Jane Smith. Additionally, they will also be releasing Doctor Who - Story #081: Planet of Evil, starring Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane. Planet of Evil is described by Warner's announcement thusly: "When a distress call draws the Doctor and Sarah Jane to a scientific outpost at the end of the Universe, the Doctor suspects dark planetary forces are behind a series of sinister deaths."

These two releases will come directly on the heels of the March 4th release of The Complete Davros Collection. That package compiles a number of Dalek-related stories into one set, including of Doctor Who - Story #104: Destiny of the Daleks and Doctor Who - Story #152: Remembrance of the Daleks: Special Edition. Both of those will also be available separately on the same date as the Davros box set.

Each of the April releases are planned to sell separately for $24.98 SRP. In our previous report we described the bonus material expected on The Time Warrior. The extras on Planet of Evil are going to include a Commentary Track by actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen and Prentis Hancock, and producer Philip Hinchcliffe. Featurettes consist of "A Darker Side" (the making of this serial) and "Planetary Performance" (a look at the production from the actors' point of view). "Studio Scene" will have the only surviving behind-the-scenes footage from the story. And there will be the usual Photo Gallery, Production Notes, CD-ROM material, continuity announcements and repeat trailer. Plus a "coming soon" trailer for a future Doctor Who DVD release.

Package art is not available yet for these two April 1st releases, but stay tuned and we'll update you as soon as possible.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doc...t-of-Evil/8519

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews/Doctor/4939

Copyright 2001-2007 TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 11-30-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From TVShowsonDVD:

Last edited by The Valeyard; 12-01-07 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-03-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

R2 News: 2Entertain 2008 1st Quarter Releases

Someone on the Gally boards got a gander of 2Entertains catalogue for the first quarter of 2008. Here's what he found:

Hi Everyone,
I've just had a look at the new 2|E catalogue at the place where I work and there are 5 Titles due be be released between January and March.
I know the first few are known to us, but I thought the info might be of interest.

14th Jan 08
Doctor Who: Beneath the surface
Cat No. BBCDVD2438
5 DVD Box TBC
RRP £39.99

Background
-All 3 Silurians / Sea Devils stories in one box set
-Two classic stories starring Jon Pertwee as the third Doctor PLUS a third story starring Peter Davison as the fifth Doctor

Viewing figures
TX:1970 / 1972/ 1984

Forecast
Week 1: 12k, Month 1: 15k, Year 1: 30k

Comparatives
New Beginnings - Week 1: 13k, Month 1: 18k, Year 1: N/A, To Date: 27k
The Beginning - Week 1: 11k, Month 1: 15k, Year 1: 26k, To Date: 32k

Running Time
7 hours and 5 Minutes
Silurians: 7 x 25, Sea Devils: 6 x 25, Warriors 4 x 25

Extras
3 x Commentaries, Isolated Music, Photo Galleries, Subtitles, Subtitle production notes, Radio Times Billings, Plus trailers, "making of" Documentaries - Special effects / Music / Location / Restoration featurettes

11th Feb 08
The Time meddler
Cat No. BBCDVD2331
Single DVD
RRP £12.99 TBC

Background
-Stars William Hartnell as the first Doctor
-The first story to feature another Time Lord (The Monk)

Viewing Figures
TX - 1965

Forecast
Week 1: 6k, Month 1: 9k, Year 1: 18k

Comparatives
Web planet - Week 1: 5k, Month 1: 7.5k, Year 1:12.5k, To Date: 17.5k
Sontaran Experiment - Week 1: 9.5k, Month 1: 15k, Year 1:23k, To Date: 23k
Timelash - Week 1: 9k, Month 1: 13k, Year 1:N/A, To Date: 15.5k

Running time
100 minutes, 4 x 25 minute episodes

Extras
As per previous £12.99 releases slightly fewer extras than £19.99 releases

Includes Commentary, Photo gallery, Subtitle production notes, Subtitles, PDF files of Radio Times Billings and Piccolo book “ The making of Doctor Who”, plus “The Lost Twelve Seconds” - 12 lost seconds recreated using off-air audio recording and the script

3rd March
The Five Doctors - Special edition
Cat No. BBCDVD2450
RRP £19.99
2 disc DVD

Background
-This 20th Anniversary story stars Peter Davison as the fifth Doctor
-Guest stars the first four Doctors (Tom Baker - old footage only)
-Numerous ex-companions and enemies of the Doctor also appear
-The first Doctor Who DVD release from 1999, released with an odd-one-out sleeve and very limited extras, it has already sold 61k

Viewing figures
TX - 1983

Forecast
Week 1: 10k, Month 1: 15k, Year 1: 25k

Comparitives
Timeflight / Arc of Infinity - Week 1: 6.7k, Month 1: 10k, Year 1: N/A To Date : 12k
Eathshock - Week 1: 5k, Month 1: 8k, Year 1: 11.5k, To Date: 44k
The Five Doctors (‘99) - Week 1: N/A, Month 1: N/A, Year 1: 5k, To Date: 61k
Genesis of the Daleks - Week 1: 17k, Month 1: 30k, Year 1: 71k, To Date: 81k

Running time
100 Minutes

Extras
Standard TX Edition (New to DVD) and Special Extended Edition.
Includes the best Doctor Who Easter Egg ever!, 2 Commentaries, 2 Documentaries, Isolated score and raw footage from the gallery, Coming soon on DVD Trailer, Photo Gallery, Radio Times billings, Programme Subtitles and Subtitle production notes.

10th March
The Voyage of the Damned
Cat No. BBCDVD2604
RRP £15.99
Single DVD

Background
-This year’s Christmas special takes place on the Titanic
-Guest star Kylie Minogue joins David Tennant
-Previous Christmas specials have been ratings winners (average viewers 9.5 million / 41 % share)

Viewing Figures
TX - 7pm Christmas Day 2007 (TBC)

Forecast
Week 1: 20k, Month 1: 40k, Year 1: 80k

Comparatives
The Runaway Bride - Week 1: 20k, Month 1: 37k, Year 1: N/A, To Date: 66k

Running Time
75 Minutes

Extras
TBC
(Similar to Music and Monsters feature from Runaway Bride)

17th March
Sarah Jane Adventures
Revenge of the Slitheen & Eye of the Gorgon
Cat No. BBCDVD2456
RRP £12.99
Single disc

Background
-Doctor Who Spin off
-2nd Launch from the Sarah Jane Brand
-Penguin launched book range in November

Viewing figures
-TX September 2007
-1.2 million - BBC1
-10 x 30 minute episodes

Forecast
Week 1: 10k, Month 1: 30k

Running Time
Over 2 Hours

Extras
-Character, Props & Alien Profiles
-Trailers from CBBC
-TV spots form TMI, Blue Peter etc
-Quiz
Old 12-05-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No Davros in March:

From TVShowsonDVD.com:

Doctor Who - EXTERMINATE! Major Reshuffle of the Upcoming Classic Who Schedule Takes Out Davros, Adds Timelash

Classic Releases Juggled: Planet of Evil Moved In The Process
Posted by David Lambert

This morning we've confirmed with the BBC Home Video that there will be major changes to the previously announced DVD schedule for classic Doctor Who titles in North America. The announced schedules for March 4th and April 1st will see these switch-arounds:

Doctor Who - The Complete Davros Collection was scheduled for March 4th, but is now off the schedule.
Doctor Who - Story #152: Remembrance of the Daleks: Special Edition was scheduled for March 4th, but is now also off the schedule.
Doctor Who - Story #104: Destiny of the Daleks remains ON the schedule for March 4th.
Doctor Who - Story #081: Planet of Evil was scheduled for April 1st, but is moved to March 4th.
Doctor Who - Story #142: Timelash will now be added to the schedule for April 1st .
Doctor Who - Story #070: The Time Warrior remains on the schedule for April 1st .

This means that the March and April schedules are as follows:

March 4th : Destiny of the Daleks and Planet of Evil (both Tom Baker stories)
April 1st : The Time Warrior and Timelash (Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker)

At this time the BBC has no word yet on when The Complete Davros Collection and Remembrance of the Daleks: Special Edition will return to the schedule. We'll update you on that as soon as we know more.

About the new title: Doctor Who - Story #142: Timelash is a 2-part story featuring Colin Baker as the 6th Doctor. He and companion Peri travel to the future, to a planet called Karfel, "an oppressed world ruled by a cruel tyrant, Borad. When the Doctor arrives on Karfel, Borad forces him to search for a young woman, Vena, who has disappeared into the Timelash - a space-time tunnel leading to the past of an alien world. The Doctor’s search takes him to 19th century Earth! Accidentally bringing back Herbert, a young man holidaying in Scotland, as well as Vena, the Doctor returns to Karfel to face the mysterious Borad." Don't miss this classic adventure where the Time Lord meets H.G. Wells, in a story written as a tribute to the famous author's works. It will also include these extras:

Commentary with actors Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and Paul Darrow.
Featurette: "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" -This new documentary looks at the making of Timelash
A "Coming Soon" trailer for an upcoming classic Doctor Who release
Photo Gallery
Easter Egg
DVD-ROM Content
Production Notes
Price should be $24.98 for a single-disc release running about 90 minutes.

On a final note, it's worth mentioning here to Doctor Who fans that the 10th actor to play the Time Lord, David Tennant, will be making a guest appearance in the upcoming holiday special Extras - The Extra Special Series Finale. He's rumored to be in costume as The Doctor here, and it airs on HBO Dec. 16th (and on the BBC in the U.K. on Dec. 25th), and then will be on DVD in North America this coming January 15th. It might be worth looking out for.

Copyright 2001-2007 TVShowsOnDVD.com

Last edited by The Valeyard; 12-05-07 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-06-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

First three posts are fully updated!
Old 12-08-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just reading the review for Arc of INfinity on this webs ite and it said there is no commentary! Surely this is a mistake.

Also... what is different about the Rememberance of the Daleks special edition?
Old 12-08-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by turborobb
Also... what is different about the Rememberance of the Daleks special edition?

Doctor Who - Story #152: Remembrance of the Daleks: Special Edition is coming out with the support of the Doctor Who Restoration Team, who saw the previous release as, quote, "a bit of an albatross around the Restoration Team's collective neck, owing to an error we made during the remastering of the story which meant that a small number of video effects were missing from the first two episodes." That *mainly* pertains to the Region 2 release, but Region 1 is affected because for this Special Edition they went back and remastered the episode from scratch! Also, the extras package on the previous release was quite a bit lighter than on other Doctor Who DVDs. So now they are releasing a new Special Edition that includes all the old extras (commentary tracks, production notes, CD-ROM, etc.), plus two new featurettes called "Remembrances" and "Back to School". There are enhance- ments to the Extended and Deleted Scenes, to the Multi-Angle Sequences, and to the Photo Gallery as well. Plus there is a brand new 5.1 Audio Mix on this re-release, including an Isolated Music track. Unfortunately the music from The Beatles that was on the original broadcast will not be present on this disc in the Region 1 area; it could not be licensed for areas outside of Region 2. Cost is $24.98 SRP.
Old 12-08-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was just reading the review for Arc of INfinity on this webs ite and it said there is no commentary! Surely this is a mistake.
The packaging doesn't list it but there is a menu option for a commentary on the disc.
Old 12-10-07, 01:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
on the Restoration Team website, it lists this for Arc of Infinity:

The commentary features actors Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Colin Baker.
Old 12-31-07, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been buying the Doctor Who DVDs on the first day they came out starting Sept 11 2001 (yes, that was the first day the first R1 Doctor Who DVDs came out) but in the past year I've gotten behind a little and just bought the Keeper of Traken/Logopolis/Castrovalva DVD set for my own christmas present! It's awesome! Love all the extras. I haven't seen these stories in years and forgot how good it was! A+

I still need to buy Robot, Time Flight, Arc of Infinity and Survival to catch up!

I have a girlfriend that works at Barnes and Nobles and can get them for me at discount... which one of those should I get next?
Old 12-31-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah! The first three Who releases on 9-11. I remember being SO EXCITED on 9-10 and couldn't wait for Best Buy to open the next day. I literally couldn't sleep that night (I'm a geek, alright!).

I never made it to Best Buy that morning. I felt too funky and even selfish for wanting to get a DVD. I eventually went the Friday and picked up The Five Doctors & Spearhead From Space. Watching both that weekend really made me feel like a kid again and took my mind off everything. I got Robots of Death the next week and have been pretty good about getting each title as soon as their released.

However because of my DVD backlog (I have about 50 unwatched DVDs - including 4 Original Who titles & Series 3), I haven't picked up Robot, Survival, Time-Flight or Arc of Infinity myself. Heh.

My plan was to finish off the titles I have left and pick up Survival next. It has more bang for the buck (2-Discs with gobs of good extras). Then Robot & the two Davison stories.

Also depends on how much you like a particular story.
Old 01-02-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember buying Spearhead From Space the night before at midnight at the Virgin Megatore. For some reason, that was the only one of the 3 they had out. The next day I went to Best Buy early to pick up the other two and they said they were closing early because the terrorists are coming and I was like WTF?

My interest has slowed down this year, I used to rush out early every morning a new Who DVD came out. I think I'm going to pick up Time Flight next, I know it's not a classic, but I'm watching the Master stories, just finished Castrovalva
Old 01-11-08, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From Outpost Gallifrey:

Information posted on the British Board of Film Classification official website has reveled the identity of two new UK DVD releases. The first is the 1982 Peter Davison two part story, Black Orchid. The extras for this release have been cleared and include a number of deleted scenes as well as clips from Blue Peter and Points of View. There is also a documentary looking at the locations of Black Orchid.

One other extra listed is a trail for another release, the 1978 Tom Baker story, The Invasion of Time. This story, set on Gallifrey featured the return of The Sontarans and the departure of Louise Jameson from the series.

In addition a posting on Colin Baker's website mentions that he was recently due to record a commentary for the complete Trial of a TimeLord season, for future DVD release.
The Trial of a Time Lord!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Arc of Infinity is the R1 DVD that doesn't mention the commentary on the back of the box, but it's on there.

Edit: Which Kevin M. Dean mentioned over a month ago....

Last edited by evenswr; 01-12-08 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-12-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by evenswr
I think Arc of Infinity is the R1 DVD that doesn't mention the commentary on the back of the box, but it's on there.

Edit: Which Kevin M. Dean mentioned over a month ago....
Actually, I just jumped in my Tardis, went back to over a month ago and posted based on what I just read here. Thanks.
Old 01-13-08, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
From Outpost Gallifrey:

The Trial of a Time Lord!!!!!!!!

Valeyard,

Does your quoted article imply that INVASION OF TIME is also among the next few stories to be released? I hope so, it's one of my top 5 favorite episodes. Tom Baker's performance in this one is exceptional. Plus, I can free up some much needed shelf space by replacing that very bulky double-tape box of the VHS release.
Old 01-14-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. The implication is definitely there. Especially with the Sontarans appearance in Series 4 this year.
Old 01-19-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From TVShowsonDVD.com:

Doctor Who - Official BBC Details & Box for North American DVDs of Timelash

Classic Colin Baker Story Confirmed for Release on April 1st
Posted by David Lambert

It's been about a month-and-a-half since we first reported on the re-shuffle of BBC Video's March/April schedule of classic Doctor Who releases in North America. At the time we were told by the studio to expect the already-announced title Planet of Evil to move from April 1st to March 4th, covering the hole left when the Davros release (and a related special edition of Remembrance of the Daleks) was pulled due to clearance issues. Since this move would pair Planet of Evil with the previously announced March release of Destiny of the Daleks, the BBC said they'd shortly announce that the other scheduled April title, The Time Warrior, would instead be joined by the Colin Baker story Timelash.

While we're still waiting on word from distributor Warner Bros., we have now gotten from the folks at BBC Video the official details and package art for the Region 1 release of Doctor Who - Story #142: Timelash, starring Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor. They've confirmed the release date of April 1st, and the cost of $24.98 SRP (however, you can pre-order it right now from Amazon for just $16.99).

This single-disc release contains two episodes running a total of 90 minutes, and is meant to appeal to fans of (and be a tribute to) the works of famous classic science fiction book author H.G. Wells (The Time Machine, The Island of Doctor Moreau, The Invisible Man, The War of the Worlds). Paul Darrow of Blake's 7 guest stars in this two-part story, and keep a sharp eye out for a mural of the face of the Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee). Here is the studio's description, followed by the official list of bonus material and our very first look at the Timelash North American box art!
The TARDIS gets caught in the Timelash, a powerful time corridor that brings the Doctor and Peri to the troubled planet of Karfel. The planet is on the brink of war and ruled by an insane and much feared dictator, who punishes Karfelons by throwing them into the Timelash. But why is their leader never seen in person? And what links Karfel with 19th-century Scotland and a young writer named Herbert? The Doctor arrives just in time to find out...

Special Features:
Audio Commentary by actors Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and Paul Darrow
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A new Making Of documentary (25 mins)
Easter egg (1 min)
Photo gallery (8 mins)
DVD-ROM feature: Radio Times listings
Production Notes Subtitle Option
Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Timelash/8813

All news for this show:

Copyright 2001-2008 TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 01-28-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From Outpost Gallifrey:

Time Meddler and Five Doctors DVD Updates

The Restoration Team has updated its website with details about the forthcoming DVD releases of The Time Meddler and The Five Doctors - 25th Anniversary Edition in the UK.

In it, Steve Roberts reveals why VidFIRE hasn't been employed on The Time Meddler. The process is normally used to give a video look to film recordings so that episodes appear as they did on transmission.

As previously reported by Outpost Gallifrey, extras on that disc will include a feature examining the comic strip adventures of the First Doctor, as well as a piece using audio recordings and the script to place in context the 12 seconds that are still missing from Checkmate - the final episode of the 1965 story - after they were cut by overseas censors before the print turned up.

The two-disc Five Doctors release will include the original version of the story, lasting 90 minutes, plus the special edition, which runs for 102 minutes. Screen grabs are used in the Restoration Team's feature to illustrate the improvement in picture quality of this 1983 story.

Among the extras on the Five Doctors release are outtakes plus contemporaneous appearances by assorted cast members on the BBC TV shows Saturday Superstore, Blue Peter, Breakfast Time and Nationwide.

The Time Meddler is due out on February 4, while The Five Doctors - 25th Anniversary Edition is released on March 3.
Old 02-06-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From TVShowsonDVD.com

Doctor Who - Beneath The Surface Box Set This Summer, With Silurians, Sea Devils & Warriors of the Deep

Buy These Classic Doctor Who Stories Separately Or Collected Together
Posted by David Lambert

In an early "heads-up" to retailers, distributor Warner Home Video has revealed BBC Video's plans for the USA release of 3 new classic Doctor Who DVD releases (all digitally restored/remastered), along with a box set of these stories collected into a package called Doctor Who - Beneath The Surface. These stories feature the Time Lord's three classic battles against the Silurians, then the Sea Devils, and finally both races together! Here are all the known details:

Doctor Who - Story #052: Doctor Who And The Silurians - Also known as simply "The Silurians", this story stars Jon Pertwee as the 3rd Doctor. "The Doctor is summoned to an underground research center, and soon discovers that the nearby cave system conceals a colony of an ancient race called the Silurians." This 7-part production was first broadcast in 1970 and is available in color for the first time (it "was the first Doctor Who story to be made on colour videotape", per the Restoration Team) The 175 running time requires 2 discs, that includes extras such as Commentary (with director Timothy Combe, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks, actors Caroline John, Peter Miles, Geoffrey Palmer and Nicholas Courtney), Isolated Music, Photo Gallery, Production Notes, a "Coming Soon" Trailer, DVD-ROM Material, and 5 Featurettes: "What Lies Beneath," "Going Underground," "Now and Then," "Musical Scales," and a look at the color restoration process in "Colour Silurian Overlay" (note: it probably will be spelled "color" on the North American release; "colour" is the popular spelling in the U.K.). Keep an eye out for Geoffrey Palmer ("Lionel", As Time Goes By) in some episodes; he returned to Doctor Who recently with the 10th Doctor in the Christmas episode "Voyage of the Damned". Cost of The Silurians by itself is expected to be $34.98 SRP, based on previous 2-Disc releases.

Doctor Who - Story #062: The Sea Devils - This time the 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee) goes up against an old enemy, who leads an army made up of a race related to the Silurians. "When the Doctor and Jo Grant (Katy Manning) pay a visit to the Master (Roger Delgado) at a top security prison, the Doctor soon finds himself pitted against the Sea Devils, an ancient race of reptiles intent on eliminating humankind." This 1972 production comes in 6 parts, which is presented on a single DVD running 147 minutes. Expect extras to include Commentary (with director Michael Briant, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks, moderated by late-eighties script editor Andrew Cartmel), a behind-the-scenes Featurette called "Hello Sailor!," Isolated Music, a Photo Gallery, Production Notes, an 8mm Film home movie shot by a Royal Navy sailor who was an extra in the production, Trailers and Continuity Pieces, DVD-ROM Material and a "Coming Soon" trailer. Cost is expected to be $24.98 SRP, based on previous single-disc releases.

Doctor Who - Story #131: Warriors of the Deep - The 5th Doctor (Peter Davison) faces both races in this 4-part story from 1984. "On Sea Base Four, the Doctor, Tegan (Janet Fielding) and Turlough (Mark Strickson) find themselves accused of being enemy agents. However, there is a greater threat to humankind: the Silurians and Sea Devils have formed an alliance." This single-disc release runs 97 minutes and includes supplements such as a Commentary (with actors Peter Davison and Janet Fielding, script editor Eric Saward and visual effects designer Mat Irvine), Featurettes "They Came from Beneath the Sea" and "The Depths", a BBC Schools production called "Science in Action" (featuring Doctor Who visual effects designer Mat Irvine), Isolated Music, a Photo Gallery, Production Notes, DVD-ROM Material, Trailers and Continuity Pieces and a "Coming Soon" trailer for more classic Doctor Who DVDs. Cost is again expected to be $24.98 SRP.

Information about extras on these releases is credited to the Restoration Team website, and could be subject to change. All other information comes from our industry contacts (who provide it to us on condition of remaining anonymous); we appreciate your long, regular help!

As we said at the beginning, all three releases will be collected into a 4-DVD set called Doctor Who - Beneath The Surface. It packs the above titles into a nice slipcase. We have a thumbnail of that box for you on the left; it's the only package art available so far. Retailers have been told that this collection will cost only $59.98 SRP...which is much less to pay (probably as much as twenty dollars cheaper) than getting these releases separately!

What is the release date for all four of these titles? Doctor Who - Beneath The Surface (pictured), Doctor Who - Story #052: Doctor Who And The Silurians, Doctor Who - Story #062: The Sea Devils and Doctor Who - Story #131: Warriors of the Deep will be available starting on June 3rd. Don't miss them!

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doc...e-Surface/8935

All news for this show:

Copyright 2001-2008 TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 02-09-08, 01:22 PM
Zbu

The beautiful thing about the Beneath the Surface set is that it's supposed to be selling for $60 and chances are it'll go for $45 or such. For two one disc sets and one two disc set, that's a pretty good deal.
Old 02-10-08, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cover for next months (R2) The Five Doctors: 25th Anniversary Edition:

There's also reports from the lastest DWM that Voyage of the Damned (R2) will also have the Children in Need special Time Crash.
Old 02-13-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From TVShowsonDVD.com:

Doctor Who and the Silurians

The Sea Devils

Warriors Of The Deep

Old 02-13-08, 04:27 PM

that Five doctors box looks really sharp! I love it but the only thing that bugs me is that they should have placed Troughton in front of "fake" Hartnell, since you can tell very much that it isnt Hartnell.
Old 02-13-08, 04:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJoker
that Five doctors box looks really sharp! I love it but the only thing that bugs me is that they should have placed Troughton in front of "fake" Hartnell, since you can tell very much that it isnt Hartnell.
Or, for that matter, throw Hartnell on there (since, after all, he does briefly appear).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.