Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will there ever be a decent price for Farscape?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will there ever be a decent price for Farscape?

Old 07-05-05, 05:30 PM
Banned

Amazon has a release date for Season 2 Volume 2 for Aug. 9th.
Old 07-05-05, 07:52 PM

great news mike thank you.
Old 07-05-05, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heartagram
great news mike thank you.
Yeah, that's a quick turn-around. 8 weeks. And considering we're already in our 2nd week, another 6 weeks will be here before we know it.
Old 07-05-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's actually only 7 weeks,5 left to go,which is good because i am almost done with season one and don't want to wait around before starting season 2.I am still a Farscape n00b since i am still on season 1,but man "A Human Reaction" was a GREAT episode.I was thinking how lackluster FS had been but that episode was excellent and i hope the show keeps getting better from there.
Old 07-06-05, 02:15 AM

Maxflier, just get back to me when you get to "Cracker's Don't Matter" by far my favourite episode yet. You will Have to start Season 2 for that though.
Old 07-06-05, 10:26 AM
Banned

The "comfy chair" episodes from Season 1 were my favorite so far.
Old 07-06-05, 02:59 PM

Oh come on Mike when
Spoiler:
John starts halucinating and Scorpius starts telling him about the crackers and then comes in later in the hawaiin t-shirt
i was howling.
Old 07-06-05, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heartagram
Oh come on Mike when
Spoiler:
John starts halucinating and Scorpius starts telling him about the crackers and then comes in later in the hawaiin t-shirt
i was howling.
Well, to be honest, I knew going into that episode on how it is revealed to the Farscape fan base, I just didn't get it. In fact, I thought it was a pretty boring and average episode.
Old 07-29-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got shipping confirmation from DDD on Starburst Season 2 volume 2! A week early!

Here is a break down of special features from Savefarscape.com

FARSCAPE: STARBURST EDITION 2.2

Fifth Volume Of The Deluxe Starburst Series

ADV Films is pleased to announce the fifth installment of its wildly successful Farscape: Starburst Edition series, with an expanded and updated volume that takes us through the midpoint in the second season of the classic sci-fi series. Farscape: Starburst Edition 2.2 will be available everywhere DVDs are sold on August 9.

Farscape is an adventure as broad and weird as the universe full of strange creatures, bizarre twists, irreverent humor, raucous action, passion, and romance! Produced in Australia by The Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, Farscape has been called "The Best Sci-Fi on TV," by TV Guide, and hailed as "TV's Best Space Series" by USA Today. Farscape also received the Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Series three years in a row (2001,2002, 2003).

Farscape: Starburst Edition 2.2 (SRP $24.98 DVD) is a DVD-only release including seven episodes presented in both English 5.1 and 2.0. This collection is packed with goldmine of exclusive extras a real "drenload" if you know your Farscape lingo!

First off, there's "Building Zhaan," an in-depth interview with Virginia Hey (Zhaan), filmed exclusively for the Starburst Edition. Ms. Hey covers the gamut in this 30+ minute interview, discussing her childhood, thoughts on spirituality, and how her personal background informed her characterization of the inimitable blue priestess, Zhaan.

Next, with the kind permission of the Jim Henson Company, we dip back into the archives to present segments from never-before-seen directors cuts of two unforgettable episodes from Season 1 "The Flax" and "Through the Looking Glass." Seeing these episodes in their unfinished, "raw" form will give you new insight into the complexities of producing Farscape.

Then, we have another Starburst Edition exclusive: "Listening In" with Composer Guy Gross. Join us as we visit the celebrated Farscape composer in his Sydney studio to explore his score for "My Three Crichtons." There are also deleted scenes and a hilarious Season 2 blooper reel. Brush up on your Farscape lingo by playing the interactive FarSpeak Game, this time covering the delectable topic "The Moya Menu."

There are brand new installments of the Starburst staples "The Farscape Chronicles" by Paul Simpson (Farscape: The Illustrated Companion), "Alien Encounters," and "Cool Farscape Facts." Rounding
out this powerhouse collection are Actor Biographies for Anthony Simcoe (D'Argo) and Virginia Hey (Zhaan), Character Backstories for
D'Argo and Zhann, an Alien Races Multimedia Glossary, and an extensive Production Design Gallery. Super extras and seven great
episodes make this collection a must-have for every Farscape fan!

DVD Product Details

Volume: 2 of 3
Running Time: 350 minutes
Age Rating: n/a
CAT: DFSR/005
UPC: 702727099724
Pre-Book Date: 7/12/2005
Street Date: 8/9/2005
Format: DVD
SRP: $24.98

These features look pretty special! How is the rest of season 2? I loved season 1, but found a lot of season 2 volume 1 hit and miss.
Old 08-01-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow! My copy of season 2 volume 2 arrived today! Over a week early. Can't wait to dig in.
Old 08-09-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I noticed that all the Starburst editions are now $19.99 at BB.When they first started releasing these the first one was $12.99,and each subsequent release has been a little higher than the previous one.Now they are up to $19.99,i sure hope they don't get any higher...
Old 08-10-05, 08:24 AM

MaxFlier, I've noticed that too. A disturbing trend that is happening with many new releases. I'll have to check and see if my BB is following suit.

BTW, what movie is your signature from? I always laugh when I read it!

John
Old 08-10-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JSwarce
BTW, what movie is your signature from? I always laugh when I read it!
I'll answer that, it's from FireFly (greeeaat show!)
Old 08-10-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ShagMan
I'll answer that, it's from FireFly (greeeaat show!)
Yep.
Old 08-10-05, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I noticed that all the Starburst editions are now $19.99 at BB.When they first started releasing these the first one was $12.99,and each subsequent release has been a little higher than the previous one.Now they are up to $19.99,i sure hope they don't get any higher...
I've been ordering mine from DDD. The new releases have always been $14.99. I get'em for $16 even (due to tax because I'm in the same state as DDD). Although, I now see the older releases are now showing a price of $16.60.

Wonder why they're going up.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 08-10-05 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-10-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I've been ordering mine from DDD. The new releases have always been $14.99.

Yeah,i know DDD is always cheaper,i just don't like ordering stuff online unless that is absolutely the only place i can find it.
Old 08-10-05, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Yeah,i know DDD is always cheaper,i just don't like ordering stuff online unless that is absolutely the only place i can find it.
I get 99.9% of my stuff from on-line because 95% of the time they will have the items in stock, or if not, at the very least, on back-order. And I also don't have to waste time driving around (burning $2.50/gallon gas) to multiple stores looking for something. The only time I did this was back before on-line shopping sites, like Amazon.com became popular. I remember driving 50 miles to a Suncoast store in a mall to look for WS VHS titles back in the late '90s. Today, I let the USPS and UPS bring my shit to my door.

The fact is however, based on your situation is that most titles aren't available in your average B&M because of limited shelf space. The on-line stores have huge and multiple warehouses that carry nothing but DVDs and CDs. So the chances that they'll have a particular title is pretty high. I'll gladly pay the extra couple bucks for shipping or tax for them to ship it to me. Do I get titles late, sometimes a week or more late? Yes. You betcha, but I figure if one can wait months for a release, what's a couple extra days?

EDIT: I'll also add that the nearest and basically only store that sells DVDs in my town is Wal Mart and need I say any more about that? *cough* Fullscreen DVDs galore *cough*

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 08-10-05 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-10-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hear what your saying man.The thing with me is i am the type of person that wants to touch something before i buy it,crazy as that may sound.And the driving thing isn't a problem because 90% of the DVD's i get are bought while i am doing something for work,so i am actually getting paid while i buy them and not burning my own gas either luckily.
Old 08-11-05, 05:00 AM

so... have these "starburst editions" got any special features? any info at all??

[JUST KIDDING!!]
Old 08-11-05, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hi_mom
so... have these "starburst editions" got any special features? any info at all??

[JUST KIDDING!!]

Sorry, the "special features" joke has been deemed "unfunny" by the all-seeing and all-knowing Mods, despite what those actually participating in the joke believe. Reminds me of the NCAA telling everybody and the Native Americans themselves what's offensive when it comes to Native American words and names.

But, one of the mascots being targeted by the NCAA is the U of I Illini from Illinois. But then again, Illinois is the French word for Illini! And then what's even funnier is that the NCAA is based in Indianapolis in the state of Indiana, which means Land of the Indian. Oh the irony... In fact, just about every mid-western state is named after an Indian tribe or some Indian word. For example: Dakota, Iowa, Oklahoma, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
Old 08-11-05, 10:09 AM

Has a release date been announced for Season 2 Volume 3?
Old 08-11-05, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trammel
Has a release date been announced for Season 2 Volume 3?
Nothing yet. Probably won't hear anything for another couple weeks. Vol. 2 just came out, and with the ~8 week gap between these, it usually takes a couple weeks for word on the next volume.
Old 08-11-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I get 99.9% of my stuff from on-line because 95% of the time they will have the items in stock, or if not, at the very least, on back-order.
Give it a rest Lowrey. 89% of your facts and figures are just made up and the remaining 27% are pure guesses.
Old 08-11-05, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Give it a rest Lowrey. 89% of your facts and figures are just made up and the remaining 27% are pure guesses.
No no...I get my figures from a direct source straight out of my ass.
Old 08-11-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 2 Volume 3 is up for preorder at Amazon for October 4. Heres a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.