DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official I got my BTTF replacement discs

Old 12-29-04, 03:01 AM
  #251  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
When I first bought this set like a year ago, I had no idea that the full frame was open matte and actually showed more of the picture.... so I think when the price drop occurs, I'll just replace my Back To The Future set with the full screen version.
by going full screen you'll still have the wrong version
tek2k is offline  
Old 12-29-04, 05:41 AM
  #252  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 3,364
Originally Posted by tek2k
by going full screen you'll still have the wrong version
Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, if I did get the full frame. I would still feel like I betrayed widescreen! But the fullscreen version IS the definitive version of Back To The Future, correct? If that's the case... I'll have to give in.
mzupeman2 is offline  
Old 12-30-04, 09:26 AM
  #253  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,176
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, if I did get the full frame. I would still feel like I betrayed widescreen! But the fullscreen version IS the definitive version of Back To The Future, correct? If that's the case... I'll have to give in.
I don't understand this, the OAR is 1.85:1 right ? So how can the fullscreen be the definitive edition ?
sn9ke_eyes is offline  
Old 12-30-04, 09:30 AM
  #254  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 32,625
Originally Posted by sn9ke_eyes
I don't understand this, the OAR is 1.85:1 right ? So how can the fullscreen be the definitive edition ?
It's crazy talk.. crazy talk I tell you...

mzupeman2 - where did you hear this??
TomOpus is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.