Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"The Return of the Living Dead" DVD - August 27th

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-02, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jason978
my best buy (just outside boston) didn't have any either . They are back ordered online too. grrr
Tell me about it! I ordered mine from BB.com over a month ago. You'd think they have ordered at leaast enough to cover their pre-orders. What a bunch of morons!
Old 08-27-02, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's a good thing I arrived at BB when they opened. The idiot manager only ordered 3 copies (according to my friend who works there). An employee took two and my friend saved me the other (hidden in his DVD cart).

Sometimes I wonder how people get their jobs? You would think whoever does the ordering would know approximately how many copies of the more major releases to order? When I was there I saw no less than eight people ask for the movie after not finding it on the shelves. All BB did was loose business as these people went over to Circut City (just down the avenue).

At least I have my copy thanks to a friend Sorry to hear some of you didn't find a copy for yourself poor management is what it is. From the posts in this thread it's not limited to my BB either.

They didn't have Last House On The Left either. However, mine is on order from DDD.
Old 08-27-02, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well i searched both BB & CC...both did not have one single dvd i was looking for!

No ROTLD or LH...while BB did have The Fog. Yet i did not pick it up since i planned to get two movies..either Return & Last House..or maybe The Fog,depending on what i think i should get right away.

I've become sick with BB..maybe it was my experiance working there that tainted my appreciation of the store before...but now i can't stand it. The employee's are annoying,follow you around asking if you need help(really they are just spying on you!..i know since worked there b4,employee's are supposed to walk through teh asiles no matter where they are gonig & ask customers questions + make sure no ones stealing)..like i was there Sunday with my little brother. The same guy asked both of us at least 5 times if we needed anything while we were there!

Even worse was...he was so obvious & yelled in a forced manner if we need help,didn't sound nice at all...so we started joking about him & he was out of sight for awhile..only to pop back up yet again & scream in our face "do you need any help?"...so i decided to have some fun and asked "Do you have the Res. Dogs SE?"...he looked at me like i was dumb & said "That does NOT come out until TUESDAY!"..he really screamed tuesday. So i then asked "Well i'm sure you have some in back,whats the big deal?"..."sorry i can't do that!".."Well your store usualy puts out things early,so why should this be any different?"...no answer " Well check this out..(showed him the Deranged/Motel Hell dvd)..this has been here for weeks & is not supposed to be out until TUESDAY!"..i then left him with the dvd pondering what to do,walked away & made it clear "Well guess i will never shop here again!"

Reminds me of the time they got The Beyond LE tin in stock ONE year after it's release! Only they sold it somehow for $15!..i ended up buying it at Sam Goody full price since it's been a year,couldn't find it anywhere else and BB never got any copies in at all(same for the Repo Man & Evil Dead 2 LE's + standard releases!)..nly to finnaly get some copies in at outragously low prices after i had purchased elsewhere!
Old 08-27-02, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My BB had 5 copys and sold out within minutes,I showed up late about 6 hours after it opened and talked to one of the employes if they had it in and she said I was the 10th person to ask her that and I said well maybe you should have ordered more then 5 copys and she said it happens all the time on titles like this,now will they have enough of My Bloody Valentine that comes out next week?Prolly not.

While there is 1200 LOTR DVDs laying around we can only get 5 copys of a old classic,when will places like this learn that people like old movie's and then learn to order enough to cover the people that have been waiting months or years for a title to only have it sell it quick because of few titles ordered.
Old 08-27-02, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dvd Empire came through like clockwork, as always. Why bother with Best Buy?
Old 08-27-02, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with you MAMMAL. DVDEMPIRE is consistantly reliable.
Old 08-27-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You guys should of gotten it through Deep Discount DVD.

Return Of The Living Dead DVD : $9.36
Shipping : $0.00
Tax : $0.00
Having it at my door when I got home after work today : PRICELESS
Old 08-27-02, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Ejunior2

Tell me about it! I ordered mine from BB.com over a month ago. You'd think they have ordered at leaast enough to cover their pre-orders. What a bunch of morons!
Not only preorders, I just ordered it online since my store got 0 copies in and the order estimate read 10-15 days
Old 08-27-02, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by darqleo

I am waiting for my copy to arrive from Deep Discount DVD along with The Fog and The Last House on the Left. But I do know that they have been shipped.
Old 08-27-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Same story here this evening... Best Buy, Circuit City AND Suncoast (I got desperate) = not a single copy in stock.
Old 08-27-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I scored both ROTLD ($10.99) and LHOTL ($9.99) at Circuit City.....
Old 08-27-02, 10:43 PM

I found it fairly easily, the small nearby HMV had a bunch...however, one of the stores i went to did the same thing that a lot of you were describing, they only ordered ONE copy. This sort of thing seems to happen consistently with the more "cult" horror films. I had a hell of a time getting The Re-Animator: ME. One would think that they would learn eventually. Guess not.
Old 08-27-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

got ROTLD today in the mail from DDD. I went to BB to get RD and was planing to use the 5 gc for LHOTL and The Fog. They had alot of the the fog, but none of ROTLD & LHOTL. kinda sucked cause through out the day i forgot what i was gonna get, finally i noticed a cart with alot of dvds on it and took a look, there where 2 copies of each.
Old 08-27-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
My experience:

The wife calls from the road and asks if I need anything.
I ask her to stop at BestBuy and get ROTLD.
She gets there and no copies.
I tell her(she called)to ask a salesperson.
So she asks and the person says they didnt get any!
So she starts walkin away and another salesperson says a truck just pulled up and he can check it.
The truck had many DVDs from what they said and in all of them............3 !!!
3 ROTLD DVDs!!!!!!!
I did end up getting one just before the store closed.
What is the deal here????????
Why are stores getting these ridiculously small amounts of this title???
I'm happy I got it and that it was late or else who knows when I would have!
Old 08-27-02, 11:19 PM

I got mine from DVD Empire for $9.35.
Old 08-28-02, 12:35 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the cover and spine glows in the dark? It looks damn cool!!!
Old 08-28-02, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't get by BB until nearly 5 pm and they still had one copy of ROTLD on the shelf. My lucky day, no doubt
Old 08-28-02, 02:46 AM

Well i may check out Border's,which will no doubt be a few bucks more than other stores....& maybe another BB just in case.

The search continues.......
Old 08-28-02, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I knew this was going to happen. Futureshop didn't have this on their release list, so I pre-ordered from amazon for 19.00 US (upgraded shipping included). They shipped friday, so I should have it any day now. Looked around at futureshop yesterday and no Fog dvd!! So I went to a independent cd/dvd store called cdplus and found one copy and grabbed it! Plus as a bonus, they had Star Trek TNG season 4 a week early on the shelf!!! (double) Lets just say I was in a really good mood for the rest of the night.
Old 08-28-02, 07:45 AM

Checked two of the BBs by me. Each received only 3 copies - and all 3 copies sold out right away (as did the RD "Mr. Brown" discs).

Tried to sneak out of work on my lunch break to get them but apparently didn't make it in time.

In terms of RD, I went with "Mr. Pink" instead.

FYI - In terms of RotLD, I saw the computer screen they use to track shipments and it looks like each store in our area was going to get 12 - 16 more copies within the week. It will still be $9.99 (since it wasn't on sale), so even if it comes in next week for some reason, I'm still OK with it (just a little disappointed).
Old 08-28-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 460 Likes on 320 Posts
I finally snaged a copy at Tower. They had about 3 copies left by the time I got there.

This isn't supposed to have a booklet/chapter list, is it?
Because mine didn't.
Old 08-28-02, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Terrell

I got mine from DVD Empire for $9.35.
Old 08-28-02, 10:23 AM

Slop101-Nope

Went to BB and their was a huge empty space on the shelf were it was spose to be so who knows how many they got but they were all gone and I didn't even waste my time asking

Thankfully went to CC and they had 1

oh yea their was plenty of part3 to tide ppl over for now
Old 08-28-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 460 Likes on 320 Posts
Anyways, I just wanted to pop this in last night and just flip around the disc to see how good it looked/sounded.

And of course, I ended up watching the whole thing and having a blast. I remeber liking this movie, but not this much. It's definitly aged, but, if anything, it's more entertaining now than ever.

They really don't make movies like this anymore.
Old 08-28-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like the movie was tweaked a bit for the DVD release, check it out : http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/...&threadid=7489

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.