Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

One/Only Evil Dead Series Versions thread (merged in effect thread)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

One/Only Evil Dead Series Versions thread (merged in effect thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Actually, yes, there is. I have the Evil Dead 1 lunchbox tin set, so you can't say it doesn't exist.
May I know what Evil Dead DVD release included in the Lunchbox Edition? was it Anchorbay or was it Elite? Highly appreciate your response
Old 11-15-05, 12:03 PM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Evil Dead 1:
1999 Elite Special Edition
The lunchbox edition has nothing to do with Elite, I belive the DVD in it was one of the Anchor Bay jewel case versions
Evil Dead 2:
1998 Anchor Bay barebones
2000 Anchor Bay Special Edition (same as tin, just without the tin, is this the one you list as anchor bay 2000?)
Army of Darkness
1998 Universal barebones, don't know if the 2003 one you're referring to is the same, but there was definitely a Universal barebones available since 98

Last edited by joltman; 11-15-05 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-18-05, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
Evil Dead 1:
1999 Elite Special Edition
The lunchbox edition has nothing to do with Elite, I belive the DVD in it was one of the Anchor Bay jewel case versions
Evil Dead 2:
1998 Anchor Bay barebones
2000 Anchor Bay Special Edition (same as tin, just without the tin, is this the one you list as anchor bay 2000?)
Army of Darkness
1998 Universal barebones, don't know if the 2003 one you're referring to is the same, but there was definitely a Universal barebones available since 98
Thanks for the info. I corrected it.

Last edited by xage; 01-14-06 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-14-06, 03:27 PM

list of R1 Evil Dead Trilogy

Im just sharing the definitive information of Evil Dead Trilogy in R1 format.

It may sound stupid but somehow this marketing approach done by Anchorbay/Elite/Universal for Evil Dead trilogy DVD

1. Pave way to DVD multiple version releases.
2. Evil Dead R1 as I see it pioneered the world of "Double Dipping".
3. Book of Dead lead the dvd packaging innovation

Evil Dead 1

Year 1999 Elite Released Collector's Edition-OOP

Year 1999 Anchorbay Released Collector's Edition (This can be found in five covers and packaged at a DVD jewel case)-OOP

Year 2001 Anchorbay Released Limited Lunchbox Edition (on-pack 1999 Anchorbay Released Collector's Edition)-Rare/OOP
*please take note that the said lunchbox is "DIFFERENT" from the limited# 5000 Lunchbox made by NECA

Year 2002 Anchorbay -with THX (Regular edition)

Year 2002 Anchorbay (Alternate Cover/Rental Edition) Rare/OOP

Year 2002 Anchorbay (Book of the Dead) Limited Edition-OOP

Year 2005 Anchorbay (Book of the Dead) - Re-release packed with Book of the Dead2

Evil Dead 2

Year 1998 Anchorbay (Skull Head Art)-Rare/OOP

Year 2000 Anchorbay Special Edition-(same cover art with the Limited Edition Tin)

Year 2000 Anchorbay Limited Edition Tin (limited to #50,000)-Rare/OOP

Year 2005 Anchorbay (Book of the Dead2) Limited Edition

Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness

There were 4 limited numbered R1 Army of Darkness released

Year 1998 Universal Army of Darkness

Year 1999 Anchorbay 2 Discs Limited Edition Rare/OOP
R1-US release (2 disc Alpha Case) limited to #30,000
R1-Canadian Release (2 disc Alpha Case) limited to #4000<- Probably the Rarest Version to find

Year 2000 Anchorbay Director's Cut Limited Edition Rare/OOP
R1-US release (Gold keepcase / Director's Cut) limited to #40,000
R1-Canadian Release (Gold keepcase / Director's Cut)limited to #5000

Year 1999-2000 Anchorbay Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness Bootleg Edition-OOP

Year 2002 Anchorbay The Army of Darkness-OOP

Year 2003 Anchorbay Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness Boomstick Edition-OOP

Year 2003 Anchorbay Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness Boomstick Edition(with Join The Army 8 Page Limited Edition Collectible Booklet) -Rare/OOP

Last edited by xage; 02-15-06 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-30-06, 10:22 PM

EVIL DEAD DVD in a Lunchbox (LE) by Anchorbay
v.s.
EVIL DEAD Lunchbox #5000 by NECA

***Outer Packaging Differences***

*click the photos to enlarge
Old 01-30-06, 10:24 PM

Can anyone confirm if the Anchorbay 1999 Evil Dead (in Jewel Case) was released in 4 different DVD art and not f the original 5 art?

Why Im sharing this, I noticed that in the spine of each and everyone, once you complete the four it spells E-V-I-L

Highly appreciate any help concerning this matter.
Old 01-30-06, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Adboy151
If someone wants to take the initiative and research, feel free.

We'll add it to the list.

Doing it for months now, and as I explore further I see some new findings concerning this multiple releases that Anchorbay,Elite and Universal did with the Evil Dead Trilogy .
Old 02-15-06, 11:47 AM

Another information I was able to get was that of this "Extremely Rare" Evil Dead 1 DVD that carries the same content of the Book of the Dead but with a different packaging.

It was so "Rare", its NOT even sold at the market (online and B&M). Anchorbay distributed this back in 2002 at selected Corporate "non-franchise" Blockbuster outlets in US (For Rental Purpose Only/Not For Sale).

I guess this one goes as the hardest to obtain together with the Lunchbox Anchorbay Edition and the Limited Edition Army of Darkness #out of 4000
Old 02-15-06, 11:58 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
So, you're not just talking about this one, are you?
Old 02-15-06, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
So, you're not just talking about this one, are you?
Not that one.

The release that Im talking about got an extra 1hr more of Special Features compare to the one you shared.
Old 02-16-06, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's no chance you have a copy of the alternate cover art for that one, do you? I'm just curious to see what it looks like...
Old 02-16-06, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by ignition
There's no chance you have a copy of the alternate cover art for that one, do you? I'm just curious to see what it looks like...
I'm in the process of obtaining one. Im finalizing talks with a Customer Rep from Blockbuster Online if they still have a stock of it or providing me a list of stores/outlets within the range of my residence which carries one.
Old 03-01-06, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ignition
I just got it last night. Please see the next post to this:
Old 03-01-06, 06:19 PM

Xage's Evil Dead R1 DVD Collection

Evil Dead / Evil Dead II- Dead By Dawn / Army of Darkness

The Books Of The Dead - Original and Re-release

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay Release in 4 different DVD Art *

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay DVD in a Lunchbox and Neca Lunchbox Limited #out of 5000 **

Army of Darkness: BoomStick Edition - 2003 Anchorbay Release ***

Army if Darkness - 1999-2000 Anchorbay #d Limited Edition - Rare/OOP ****

Evil Dead - Anchorbay 2002 (RENTAL ONLY) Release - Rarest R1 *****

My Evil Dead Collection

footnotes:

* Contrary to early information that there were "5" variations of the 1999 Anchorbay Released, it seems that there were only four "4" (enough to spell E-V-I-L at its spine# ). The set stir a lot of confusion at ebay as the stock photo made available was not even the same cover/art.

** The two released lunchboxes were always been mistaken as the same, but its NOT (One has a DVD in it, the other has a Thermos).

*** Please be aware that the sought after OOP release/version of the "Boomstick Edition" is the one with the "Limited Collectible 8 page Booklet" entitled Join the Army

**** Please take note that there were four #d Limited Edition releases of Army of Darknes. The Hard ones to obtain or the so called "rarer" versions are the ones released in Canada.

- Gold keepcase / Director's Cut limited to (US) #out of 40,000 and (Canada) #out of 5,000
- 2 disc Alpha Case limited to (US) #out of 30,000 and (Canada) #out of 4,000

**** This is an exclusive Blockbuster "Rental Only" Edition and "Not For Sale". Released back in 2002. And what made it so rare was it's limited release of availability to "Corporate" Blockbuster Stores only
Old 03-01-06, 06:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 930 Likes on 779 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
* Contrary to early information that there were "5" variations of the 1999 Anchorbay Released, it seems that there were only four "4" (enough to spell E-V-I-L at its spine# ). The set stir a lot of confusion at ebay as the stock photo made available was not even the same cover/art.

** The two released lunchboxes were always been mistaken as the same, but its NOT (One has a DVD in it, the other has a Thermos).

*** Please be aware that the sought after OOP release/version of the "Boomstick Edition" is the one with the "Limited Collectible 8 page Booklet" entitled Join the Army

**** Please take note that there were four #d Limited Edition releases of Army of Darknes. The Hard ones to obtain or the so called "rarer" versions are the ones released in Canada.

- Gold keepcase / Director's Cut limited to (US) #out of 40,000 and (Canada) #out of 5,000

**** This is an exclusive Blockbuster "Rental Only" Edition and "Not For Sale". Released back in 2002. And what made it so rare was it's limited release of availability to "Corporate" Blockbuster Stores only[/b]
you know Xage...it's because of you and you alone that they keep putting out so many versions of all them. Thanks, thanks a lot!!
Old 03-01-06, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
you know Xage...it's because of you and you alone that they keep putting out so many versions of all them. Thanks, thanks a lot!!
LOL!... Well finally someone had stepped up to bite all the marketing scheme that Elite/Anchorbay/Universal did for the the Evil Dead Trilogy.

And to say, there is an ucoming "rumor" of a Cabin Release Set? I doubt if Anchorbay wouldnt be continuing doing that after seeing this post I did.. hehehe.

Thanks Dude
Old 03-01-06, 06:44 PM

Xage's Evil Dead R1 DVD Collection

Evil Dead / Evil Dead II- Dead By Dawn / Army of Darkness

The Books Of The Dead - Original and Re-release

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay Release in 4 different DVD Art *

Evil Dead - 1999 Anchorbay DVD in a Lunchbox and Neca Lunchbox Limited #out of 5000 **

Army of Darkness: BoomStick Edition - 2003 Anchorbay Release ***

Army if Darkness - 1999-2000 Anchorbay #d Limited Edition - Rare/OOP ****

Evil Dead - Anchorbay 2002 (RENTAL ONLY) Release - Rarest R1 *****

My Evil Dead Collection

footnotes:

**** This is an exclusive Blockbuster "Rental Only" Edition and "Not For Sale". Released back in 2002. And what made it so rare was it's limited release of availability to "Corporate" Blockbuster Stores only

Wow, nice collection of evil dead.Damn you own so many copies.
Old 03-01-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

And in one swoop, xage makes me Evil Dead DVD collection look like crap. I can't believe that rental only edition. I must find a way to procure this. Now. *twitch*
Old 03-01-06, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by onebyone
And in one swoop, xage makes me Evil Dead DVD collection look like crap. I can't believe that rental only edition. I must find a way to procure this. Now. *twitch*

Nahh, Every Evil Dead Collector for me is the same as mine, because we have the same likes of film.

Well Wishes on your *twitching* quest with the EVIL DEAD (rental only) Edition.
Old 03-01-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

how much did blockbuster charge you for that one
Old 03-01-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that's a great collection xage
Old 03-01-06, 10:36 PM

After presenting to them a a spcial code I got from customer service rep from Blockbuster regional office/Blockbuster Online, the store manager confirm and called the regional office first then afterwards they immediately charge me $19.99 + tax.

Well I wouldnt be hesitating spending that amount, afterall its a sure great catch and it was sold to me even though its not for sale .

Last edited by xage; 03-01-06 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-01-06, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
that's a great collection xage
Thanks
Old 03-01-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks
You collect other regions or just the R1 stuff?
Old 03-01-06, 10:56 PM

I sticked to R1 Evil Dead stuff for now.

Not yet venturing into the multi-region thing... because it would be another long journey especially for the Evil Deads that are way too OOP (Evil Dead Japan for example) and hard to get.

Last edited by xage; 03-01-06 at 10:58 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.