Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

International Steelbook Covers

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

International Steelbook Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 07:27 PM
Ram
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZonaDVD.com has 19 new steelbook.

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?n...icle&sid=15362

The 12 Monkeys, Apolo 13 and Serpico Steelbooks are badass
Old 06-11-08, 03:44 AM
Cool New Member

there's going to be an R3 Jumper steelbook.. listed at yesasia ..

Old 06-12-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Godfather Trilogy: Remastered Collection R2

The Godfather Trilogy: Remastered Collection - 5-Disc Limited Edition R2 (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)

Old 06-12-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know how to fix one of those clips for the plastic dvd holder flipping part when it breaks?
Old 06-13-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jumper Steelbook R3 - Releases July 2, 2008
Old 06-13-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jumper steelbook? Me want. Now I just need a multi-region player and money to get it. That's a pretty quick turnaround, what 3 weeks?
Old 06-13-08, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
Jumper steelbook? Me want. Now I just need a multi-region player and money to get it. That's a pretty quick turnaround, what 3 weeks?
Yea seems so! Then again, Forbidden Kingdom is out already according to that website. I guess Asian releases are a bit different than US? :?
Old 06-13-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by snausages
Does anyone know how to fix one of those clips for the plastic dvd holder flipping part when it breaks?
It would be best to return it to the retailer that you bought it from, for an exchange. Those clip/pivot are not repairable.
Old 06-13-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
It would be best to return it to the retailer that you bought it from, for an exchange. Those clip/pivot are not repairable.
I wish that was possible. :? Sadly it was from eBay and the guy is in the Netherlands.

Thanks anyway howwon!
Old 06-13-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish that was possible. :? Sadly it was from eBay and the guy is in the Netherlands.

Thanks anyway howwon!
Contact the seller and see if they'll make good on the movie.

Any damage during the shipping process is the seller's responsibility. Receiving a damaged case/movie is unacceptable in my book. CHC was really bad for floaters and damaged cases.
Old 06-13-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Contact the seller and see if they'll make good on the movie.

Any damage during the shipping process is the seller's responsibility. Receiving a damaged case/movie is unacceptable in my book. CHC was really bad for floaters and damaged cases.

Thanks. I tried and no go. He didn't have anymore. Really sucks. I was hoping there was some way to glue it back on LOL. Or that maybe I could just buy the plastic part of the case. Ah well. Appreciate the advice anyway.
Old 06-13-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm sure with some super glue you could probably fix it if you still have all the pieces. It might not be as durable as it would be brand new, but you should be able to fix it well enough so that it will hold.
Old 06-14-08, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I'm sure with some super glue you could probably fix it if you still have all the pieces. It might not be as durable as it would be brand new, but you should be able to fix it well enough so that it will hold.
It's the tiny piece that clamps the discs so it can flip. I don't know if super glue will hold it so next time I flip, it won't break. Ah well...the case is still pretty cool though. The woes of shipping things! I have no luck in that department. (Multiple damaged items from Best Buy & Amazon.) I must be blacklisted somewhere!!! LOL
Old 06-14-08, 03:32 AM

I thought it would be worth giving a shot. Another thing you could try is fusing them together with heat, I guess via melting or something. Super glue it together, let it sit for a day, then hold a lighter on the crack where it's glued back together until it gets soft, then press it together tighter and hold until it cools down and gets firm again.

I have no idea if this will work but in theory it sounds good. I'm just trying to give you some hope!
Old 06-14-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I thought it would be worth giving a shot. Another thing you could try is fusing them together with heat, I guess via melting or something. Super glue it together, let it sit for a day, then hold a lighter on the crack where it's glued back together until it gets soft, then press it together tighter and hold until it cools down and gets firm again.

I have no idea if this will work but in theory it sounds good. I'm just trying to give you some hope!
Thanks Kory for the hope.

I am not so good with that stuff, but maybe I will ask a friend one day. For now I will just leave it be. If you are ever in the NYC area, feel free to stop by and try it for me LOL.
Old 06-22-08, 02:41 AM

Thanks Kory for the hope.

I am not so good with that stuff, but maybe I will ask a friend one day. For now I will just leave it be. If you are ever in the NYC area, feel free to stop by and try it for me LOL.
Hey snausages,

You might want to try contacting Scanavo directly. I don't know if you'll be able to get a replacement case for it, but you might be able to get the plastic insert. If it was me, I'd see if I could ship them the case (without the dvds), and let them swap out the plastic and send it back. I would think they would be willing to help out a collector of their merchandise. I guess all they can do is tell you no, so it won't hurt to ask.

Here's a link with their contact info:
Contact Scanavo

Good luck if you try it with them.
Old 06-22-08, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
Hey snausages,

You might want to try contacting Scanavo directly. I don't know if you'll be able to get a replacement case for it, but you might be able to get the plastic insert. If it was me, I'd see if I could ship them the case (without the dvds), and let them swap out the plastic and send it back. I would think they would be willing to help out a collector of their merchandise. I guess all they can do is tell you no, so it won't hurt to ask.

Here's a link with their contact info:
Contact Scanavo

Good luck if you try it with them.
Thanks for the info, but it's sadly a Metalpak...though the side that's broken is probably a generic part that is used on steelbooks also. I tried Metalpak's company already and no go. Apparently according to them, the DVD I had, the CSI:Bloodbox was quite limited and no longer available. Doesn't help that I got it from the Netherlands My loss I suppose!
Old 06-23-08, 06:56 AM
crs

Thanks for the info, but it's sadly a Metalpak...though the side that's broken is probably a generic part that is used on steelbooks also. I tried Metalpak's company already and no go. Apparently according to them, the DVD I had, the CSI:Bloodbox was quite limited and no longer available. Doesn't help that I got it from the Netherlands My loss I suppose!
They still had a few of that limited Bloodbox in a store here. Bloody expensive for a 2-disc set though.
Old 06-23-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crs
They still had a few of that limited Bloodbox in a store here. Bloody expensive for a 2-disc set though.
Where are you? How much do they sell it for? TIA!
Old 06-23-08, 01:40 PM
crs

Where are you? How much do they sell it for? TIA!
Norway. It's 249 NOK which is approx. $48 (the dollar is pretty weak) I guess the steep price is why they still have a few of them left.

Edit: Seems it's a 3-disc set. My mistake.

Last edited by crs; 06-23-08 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-23-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crs
Norway. It's 249 NOK which is approx. $48 (the dollar is pretty weak) I guess the steep price is why they still have a few of them left.

Edit: Seems it's a 3-disc set. My mistake.

Wow...I got a great deal then, minus the plastic case issue. I paid $30 including shipping from the Netherlands. Yes it is 3-Disc. Look it up on dvdspot.com, I tried to put as much info as I could on the entry. Although it is not a Scanavo steelbook, it is still one of my favorites...as I am a CSI buff.

Here's a picture of the damage, in case anyone is interested:

Old 06-29-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doomsday / Hellride R2

Both SteelBooks are exclusive to Sweden.
Source: discjunkie

*The spine for Hellride does not look right for a SteelBook.

Last edited by howwon; 06-29-08 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 10:21 PM

So thanks to Scott, I now own "Full Metal Jacket" in a German SteelBook case. I know that "2001: A Space Odyssey" also was released in a German SteelBook case, but I can't find any of the other three flicks from the Stanley Kubrick Collection in German SteelBooks anywhere. I've seen the Spanish ones, but the reason I want the German ones is that on most of them, the title is either perfect English, or close to perfect English, and they all have 2-Disc Special Edition written in English, whereas the Spanish ones have them in Spanish.

Does anyone know where I can buy these other three from, or is anyone selling them? Or do they even exist as German SteelBooks? You'd think they would...
Old 07-02-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Incredible Hulk R2

Incredible Hulk 2-Disc Limited Edition R2 Germany

Release date: November 26, 2008
Old 07-02-08, 01:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
Incredible Hulk 2-Disc Limited Edition R2 Germany

Release date: November 26, 2008
it's nice, but the German kills it for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.