Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

Old 03-16-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the exception of not being able to use it for a few days, everything is back to normal as far as I'm concerned. No problems encountered since it vame back at all.

I have a cable connection, so the DL and UL times were quick either way, so nothing different here.

Glad its back. No big deal.

Have the Premium Reg with no regrets.
Old 03-16-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Strange. Nothing is working for me...
Old 03-16-04, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not been able to go to dvdprofiler main website since this all started. Still today nothing on their website although the program can connect and download/upload fine.
Old 03-16-04, 11:16 AM

They must have updated the Online Profile list recently.

128K in size.

About 80 of my titles were updated.

Good to see that the updates are occuring.
Old 03-16-04, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
The DVD Profiler web site right now:
Temporarily Unavailable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance. Please check back in a few minutes.
It's been doing this every few hours for the past week.

And skipnet, I also paid for it. So that's no excuse.
Old 03-16-04, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Can anyone refresh their online profile list? You know, when you click to add a title, and it prompts you with "Refresh online profile list before adding?"

It seems to be completely down right now.
Old 03-16-04, 11:29 AM

I get the temporarily unavailable page at the web site at the moment and I cannot refresh online profiles either (errors connecting). So it seems to be down right this second.
Old 03-16-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Worked great for me last night. No Chappelle's show though.
Old 03-16-04, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Jough just seems to want to take cheap shots at DVD Profiler and its developers at every opportunity.
They're still up and down for MOST of the people posting in this thread. How is discussing that they're still having problems taking "cheap shots"? What the hell would a legitimate complaint be, to you?

Seriously, skipnet, EPKJ, LasVegasMichael - I really would like to know - if you bought a car, but it only worked on Wednesdays and Sundays, and even then would only go on half of the roads, would this be acceptable to you?

I would love to have you three as customers. A company can pretty much do anything they want and you defend them.

How's your Enron stock?
Old 03-16-04, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Old 03-16-04, 12:01 PM

Yup, that's what I get.
Old 03-16-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get the same thing too.
Old 03-16-04, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jough
They're still up and down for MOST of the people posting in this thread. How is discussing that they're still having problems taking "cheap shots"? What the hell would a legitimate complaint be, to you?

Seriously, skipnet, EPKJ, LasVegasMichael - I really would like to know - if you bought a car, but it only worked on Wednesdays and Sundays, and even then would only go on half of the roads, would this be acceptable to you?

I would love to have you three as customers. A company can pretty much do anything they want and you defend them.

How's your Enron stock?
This is neither a car nor is it stock in a major corporation. Such hyperbole demonstrates the dishonest nature of your argumentation, Jough.
Old 03-16-04, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by EPKJ
This is neither a car nor is it stock in a major corporation. Such hyperbole demonstrates the dishonest nature of your argumentation, Jough.
I think the car is an apt metaphor. What would you suggest? How about just the facts, then?

DVD Profiler is something that is broken. For the past three weeks it has been down more than it's been up. I paid $25 to receive high quality cover scans. I cannot receive them. Anyone who paid for their registration cannot get what they paid for, because the site is down.

It is down right now (as of this posting). AGAIN.

How is my argument dishonest? Those are the facts. They're supported not only by observation, but by concurrence with other members here.
Old 03-16-04, 01:07 PM
Banned

I think the car is an apt metaphor. What would you suggest? How about just the facts, then?

DVD Profiler is something that is broken. For the past three weeks it has been down more than it's been up. I paid $25 to receive high quality cover scans. I cannot receive them. Anyone who paid for their registration cannot get what they paid for, because the site is down.

It is down right now (as of this posting). AGAIN.

How is my argument dishonest? Those are the facts. They're supported not only by observation, but by concurrence with other members here.
The fact is that DVD Profiler is a trivial piece of software which is ultimately of no consequence. It is a useful tool to catalog DVD's and the full version is worth $25.00. So, why are you obsessed with it. How do you know it is down every few hours? Is it because you obsessively check? Get a life, Jough, and stop trying to make DVD Profiler's problems the equivalent of Enron. Such hyperbole only makes you look foolish.
Old 03-16-04, 01:21 PM
Suspended

I have a life. I've just been trying to add some new discs now for over a week, with limited success.

If it's so trivial, why do you feel the need to post to this thread? If it's of "no consequence" then why do you feel the need to distort the facts to attempt to defend them?

Do you work for IVS, or is your supplication given freely?

stop trying to make DVD Profiler's problems the equivalent of Enron
Erm, I wasn't. You misunderstood. I was likening people defending IVS's deceit with those who stood by Enron even after Enron had ripped them off for millions of dollars. I just find it bizarre that people are willing to remain loyal to a company that's repeatedly lied to them, and whose service record of late has been, well, abysmal.

Last edited by jough; 03-16-04 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 01:26 PM

It's back up and working for me now (just refreshed about 50 profiles and I can also get to the website).
Old 03-16-04, 01:29 PM
Suspended

It works for me now, too, but clicking through some people's DVD Pro link on this forum I still can only get to half of them - the others say that there is too much traffic for non-registered users and to try back later (the exact message is posted on a previous page of this thread).

Here's hoping they can stay up one whole day!

I'm going to hurry up and add my new discs while I can.
Old 03-16-04, 01:40 PM
Banned

I have a life. I've just been trying to add some new discs now for over a week, with limited success.

If it's so trivial, why do you feel the need to post to this thread? If it's of "no consequence" then why do you feel the need to distort the facts to attempt to defend them?

Do you work for IVS, or is your supplication given freely?

Erm, I wasn't. You misunderstood. I was likening people defending IVS's deceit with those who stood by Enron even after Enron had ripped them off for millions of dollars. I just find it bizarre that people are willing to remain loyal to a company that's repeatedly lied to them, and whose service record of late has been, well, abysmal.
IVS did not deceive anyone, and your lying about it will not change facts. I am defending IVS because they put out a quality product and don't deserve to be slandered. All you do is post sarcastic attacks on the company using hyperbole. There is no way in which using Enron as an example is anything but a dishonest attempt to manipulate emotions. DVD Profiler is trivial. I am not obsessed with DVD Profiler, you are. I will continue to defend IVS so long as they are slandered because it is the right thing to do.
Old 03-16-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the same screen I got last night. SO frustrating. Didn't try it again this morning before work, but will attemp another try when I get home in a few hours. This is very frustrating...
Old 03-16-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got up for like 15 minutes and am down again. Swell. This is maddening. I am almost done with the slow process of moving my collection database to collectrz and may just call it a day. This is getting old fast.

Last edited by onebyone; 03-16-04 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 06:36 PM
Suspended

The only thing I don't like about Collectorz is how much data I have to input by hand. That's what I like about DVD Profiler - how easy it is to add stuff. Although since the info is often wrong it kinda makes it less than useful anyway. But that's not IVS's fault.

Man, if DVD AF made a desktop version I'd totally buy it.
Old 03-16-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i just gave Collectorz demo a shot...man, that's REALLY cumbersome.
Old 03-16-04, 07:00 PM

I recently upgraded to the premium edition of dvdprofiler (nick: occamsrazor) and changed my new registration code online and on the database tools>registration information, refreshed everything, even exited the program and went back in and the ad still shows. Did anyone else have this problem?

Today I actually purchased this to make things easier as I couldn't do anything about the scanner plug-in. Looks very cool though and should prove useful for many media items in general.

http://www.barcodediscountwarehouse....art-hs2121.htm

The only other problem is I have a handful of non R1 discs that I cannot seem to even manually input even though I have checked all the region code options.

I actually love the look and feel of it though and out of over 600 discs there was only one I manually entered that had no UPC already and only 3 I found with no images all together.

Last edited by superstringtheory; 03-16-04 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by superstringtheory
I recently upgraded to the premium edition of dvdprofiler (nick: occamsrazor) and changed my new registration code online and on the database tools>registration information, refreshed everything, even exited the program and went back in and the ad still shows. Did anyone else have this problem?
Did you go to the Tools menu and select Options then on the Display tab uncheck Show Advertisements?

If you want to remove ads from your online listing you have to log in here and change options.

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/dvdpro/my...ionoptions.asp

Last edited by Biggdog; 03-16-04 at 07:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.