Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

DVDPROFILER is Back ON!!

Old 03-16-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Jeez, how many times a day do some of you people check to see if it's working or not?? It's a $25 piece of software (or free if you don't want to pay for premium registration). Windows XP, Microsoft Office and so on cost $100's and they have equally as many problems as DVD Profiler. Is anybody bitching about them? Well, yes - lots of people are, Thank God it's not on this forum!!!

I have had no troubles the past several days in adding DVDs to my collection, nor in uploading my collection to the website. I only check back once every few days, or when I get new DVDs. I don't have a burning desire to click on my link to them JUST TO SEE if they're online at this moment.

Can't a moderator kill this thread, it's just getting totally ridiculous!
Old 03-16-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jough
The only thing I don't like about Collectorz is how much data I have to input by hand. That's what I like about DVD Profiler - how easy it is to add stuff. Although since the info is often wrong it kinda makes it less than useful anyway. But that's not IVS's fault.

Man, if DVD AF made a desktop version I'd totally buy it.
It is very cumbersome to add a lot of dvds to collectorz, but the more I do, the faster I get so maybe it is true love, or at least not hate. Maybe.

And yes, if DVD AF had a desktop version, that would be great. I would pay extra in a heartbeat.
Old 03-16-04, 08:21 PM

Does anyone know how to correct the overlap of the Running time and DVD release date on the classic skin?
Old 03-16-04, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Biggdog
[B]Did you go to the Tools menu and select Options then on the Display tab uncheck [B]Show Advertisements]
Thanks Biggdog that did the trick
Old 03-16-04, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by danwiz
C'mon, danwiz . . . if you don't like the thread, stay out of it. There are plenty of people in here sharing relevant information and helping each other out. There's certainly no good reason to close the thread yet.
Old 03-16-04, 10:58 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Yeah, I mean, DVD Profiler hasn't even been up and running for an entire 24 hour period yet.

It seems silly to close the thread.
Old 03-17-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by danwiz
I have had no troubles the past several days in adding DVDs to my collection, nor in uploading my collection to the website. I only check back once every few days, or when I get new DVDs. I don't have a burning desire to click on my link to them JUST TO SEE if they're online at this moment.

Ok, well unfortunately some of us are having trouble adding DVD's. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. Believe me, none of us are losing sleep over DVD Profiler being down. This is just our place to come and gripe about it.
Old 03-17-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Do those of you having problems have the newest version? I only ask because I haven't had a single problem with DVD Profiler since I got back from my vacation Sunday (and I've updated several times since then, including just a minute ago). In fact, it has been working faster than ever before.
Old 03-17-04, 11:50 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I've had the newest version for months.
Old 03-17-04, 12:31 PM

Randy (and others who are interested in phpDVDprofiler), I managed to get it to work:

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andre...iler/index.php

Later today, I'll post my installation notes and suggestions (bug fixes) that I emailed to the author. Hopefully, he can include them in the next release.

Also, if you're trying to download the package (there was new version posted yesterday), there is an extra "p" at the end of the filename (".zipp") in the download link. So fix the link appropriately when you download.

Home page for the project:

http://www.opcenter.de/awf/index.php?id=59

Fixed download link:

http://www.opcenter.de/pub/scripts/p...-v20040316.zip

Back with more later....
Old 03-17-04, 01:01 PM

The only problem that I have is that it does not recognize me as a paid member. I paid over a year ago and now when I downloaded the new version and put in my registration key it will not recognize it.
Old 03-17-04, 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BILLinGA
The only problem that I have is that it does not recognize me as a paid member. I paid over a year ago and now when I downloaded the new version and put in my registration key it will not recognize it.
Are you sure that you are putting in the correct key?
Old 03-17-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I just tried updating and it goes through the motions, but if you look at the size of the update file it reads All Files: 0 bytes. NOTHING is being updated in any of the files. I am finally so aggrevated that I connected to DVDPRO forum via Mozilla, and asked why no one is addressing this problem for so many users.

Last edited by Randy810; 03-18-04 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-17-04, 02:26 PM

Here are my installation notes for phpDVDprofiler (a sort of alternative to the "My Profiler" online collection for DVD Profiler):

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andre...er-install.txt

These are some code change suggestions I sent to the author:

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andre...uggestions.txt
Old 03-17-04, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Randy810
I just tried updating and it goes through the motions, but if you look at the size of the update file it reads All Files: 0 bytes. NOTHING is being updated in any of the files. I am finally so aggrevated that I connected to DVDPRO forum via Mozilla, and asked why no one is addressing this problem for so many users.

Yes, I did notice you Skipnet 123 on the DVDPRO forum and I am pleased that your only problem was not being able to create a link to your collection. Many of us are not so lucky so allow us to talk and maybe get some solution to our problem.
I just ran updates on mine and had no problems.
Old 03-18-04, 03:35 AM

Andrea your collection looks great. That is an attractive interface. If they can fix the bugs in that, as you seem to be working on, that could be a viable alternative.
Old 03-18-04, 11:08 AM

Everything is working fine for me.

Adding titles, uploading or downloading.
Even got the recent update of the profile list with no problem.

There does seem to be a little quirk I am experiencing.

When I add a title via the Add by Title choice, there is a ton of entries that has no title, the UPC# is either a letter, a number or a symbol, not the 10 digit UPC# and all these entries has a year of 2002.

Also noticed that the total of region 1 (Including No Region) has grown to around 78,000 titles, when I remember that the total was around 48,000 titles.

It doesn't affect adding new titles either by title or directly by UPC entry.

Anyway to fix this?
Old 03-18-04, 12:15 PM

onebyone, I just heard back from the author of phpDVDprofiler. He's currently on vacation for 2 weeks, but when he returns, he's going to take a look at my suggestions.
Old 03-18-04, 07:39 PM

Just a note that I've updated the install notes with how to fix a sorting bug:

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andre...er-install.txt

And I've updated the suggestions with how to add count summaries (DVDs owned, ordered, wishlist, and total) to the page:

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andre...uggestions.txt

See it in action:

http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/phpdvdprofiler/
Old 03-18-04, 08:26 PM

Andrea, you are making me want to get to work and try that out now. I love the way your collection looks, that is the prettiest I have seen by far. The weekend is coming up, maybe I will give it a try then.
Old 03-18-04, 10:19 PM
Suspended

Andrea, that rocks. Thanks for the instructions.
Old 03-19-04, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

at last we have peace!!
Old 03-19-04, 12:42 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
at last we have peace!!
Well, DVD Profiler has been up for about 36 entire hours now. So what's to complain about? And with this new script I can have my DVD Profiler collection online on my own web site even when they're down, and I can configure it to look and work how I want.

What could be better?
Old 03-19-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer