Fargo SE Announced!!!!

Community
Search

Fargo SE Announced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top one also has edge enhancement. Look at the jacket, it has a feint halo.
Old 05-28-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
This is cool and I'll get it (never got the current release). However I have no interest in a Big Lebowski re-release, since the current release has decent video/audio and is anamorphic.
Old 05-29-03, 02:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jough
The Coens *are* the writers and producers. One brother directs, the other produces, and they both write the screenplays.

They haven't been involved directly with many of their DVD releases - even the two new ones coming out this week (Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink) are bare-bones.

-- Jough
Actually, both of them direct, both of them produce, they just split the credits so that they don't come off as egomaniacs. They also use the pseudonym "Roderick Jaynes" when they edit. If not for the credit splitting and the pseudonym, you may see a movie by the Coens that says "Written by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, directed by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, Produced by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, edited by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen", which is a bit extreme.
Old 05-29-03, 03:07 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I've never worked with either of them, so I don't know what their directing style is. I know that working with two directors who aren't in agreement can be hell, though.

But given the amount of recidivism in Coen Bros. pictures, I imagine the experience must be pleasant, since actors often appear in many of their films (Goodman, Tuttoro, Buscemi, Hunter, etc.)

I don't count Frances McDormand since she's family.

-- Jough