Community
Search

Anyone else excited about Robin Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
All I ask is that, either on Costner's Robin Hood: Prince of Tides SE or Flynn's The Adventures of Robin Hood SE, that the Daffy Duck "Robin Hood" cartoon be included as an extra.

"To trip and trip and tripandtripandtripandtripandtrippppp...."

"Yoiks! And awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay *SMACK*"

"Ho! Hah! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Hah! Thrust!" *SMACK*

I have waited and waited for this cartoon on ANY format forever! It may have been on a LD version I believe at some point. This has to be my all-time favorite single short-cartoon.
Old 06-02-03, 09:30 AM

I am excited about THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD with Erroll Flynn, which is supposedly coming out in September.

The Costner film sucks like an Electrolux so, no, I'm not excited about that one.
Old 06-02-03, 09:45 AM
Cool New Member

What about the 'other' Robin Hood movie that came out that year?

1991 saw Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and another Robin Hood movie starring Patrick Bergen (whose accent was way better ;-P), Uma Thurman and Jürgen Prochnow as the baddie.

Here's the synopsis from amazon:

Film buffs may remember the tangled tale of competing Robin Hood projects in 1991. Kevin Costner, riding high from his Oscar wins for Dances with Wolves, had his pick of projects at the time, and he juggled his interest in parallel Hood films that were under development at different studios. Costner chose Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, of course, directed by his friend Kevin Reynolds, while the other production (the one described here), attached to veteran British director John Irvin (The Dogs of War), ended up on cable television with another Yank, Patrick Bergin, in the lead. Comparisons were inevitable, even though the two films were very different from one another. A little harder edged and more surprising than Reynolds's work, the Irvin-Bergin movie made all that medieval heroism seem more an effort of the heart than previous versions. Roughing things up a bit is Uma Thurman as a bratty Maid Marion, not quite the traditional damsel in distress of yesteryear. Irvin keeps the adventure quotient up, but this is simply a darker, grittier variation on the old tale. With Jürgen Prochnow, Jeroen Krabbé, and Conrad Asquith. --Tom Keogh .

This is the Robin Hood movie I have been waiting for to come out on DVD! Course I already have the Showtime series of Robin of Sherwood.